Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Auction 6 Hours to go....
by David Today at 6:24 pm

» Time of year.
by Boosey Today at 4:42 pm

» Breeding by the phases of the MOON
by oldstrain Today at 4:13 pm

» Time of year.
by halcanada Today at 1:54 pm

» Weather today
by oldstrain Today at 12:43 pm

» Cull birds.
by halcanada Today at 12:33 am

» Purring birds
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Last of the soybeans.
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:14 pm

» November issue.
by halcanada Yesterday at 8:10 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 2 Bots

Boosey, Briant, David, Lofty, Skywalker

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

halcanada

oldstrain

blueskylofts

Lofty

jet2013uk

Red Pied

Don Webb

friendsloft

chuda

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1100 registered users
The newest registered user is Ryan Williams

Our users have posted a total of 155943 messages in 10356 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Loft Doors...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Loft Doors...?   Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 pm

I`m altering the sliding doors on the new loft im going to put up soon, by old loft doors slide on the outside of the loft on track and wheels, anyone know if the same type of sliding door track is used so the doors slide on the inside of the loft...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

I would have thought if they were on the inside the rain will run down and into the loft, personally I would keep them on the outside
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Thu May 04, 2017 6:14 pm

yes, I think you might be right about that roy, never thought of that.............. geek study
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Thu May 04, 2017 6:32 pm

See, I do have some good ideas, not just a washed up old plasterer lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Lofty wrote:
See, I do have some good ideas, not just a washed up old plasterer lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! Once again you have proving the point etc Lofty Wink Wink. That not all tradies Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes have there brains inside their boots as such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Fri May 05, 2017 5:13 am

I left the Merchant Marine and plastered houses for Wimpey. In Baildon, Yorkshire. Two scots and I were on piece work. Then got married and did foundry work. The potential for advancement was limited. From labourer to managment status did not appear to be feasible in a reasonable amount of time. So went in to farming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Fri May 05, 2017 8:55 am

halcanada wrote:
I left the Merchant Marine and plastered houses for Wimpey. In Baildon, Yorkshire. Two scots and I were on piece work. Then got married and did foundry work. The potential for advancement was limited. From labourer to managment status did not appear to be feasible in a reasonable amount of time. So went in to farming.

you get about a bit eh hal, maybe some gypsy blood in you like our rayond....... Razz cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Fri May 05, 2017 8:57 am

halcanada wrote:
Smile Smile Asset rich then I would suggest Hal Wink Wink (farming) & the hours sadly are long etc & also the pay is crap Wink Wink at times depending on the weather/markets. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Sat May 06, 2017 1:15 am

It worked for me, farming. From a dairy herd Ayton yorkshire to a managers position in Bermuda. 200 dairy cows. Of course all hay and feed imported. Modern set up at that time. rubber mats etc,. 8 Portuguese guys worked for me. 2 years there. From there to dairy and cash crop in the US. Canton New York state. Two years there. Then Canada. Similar situation. Canada just a living wage but I enjoyed the challenges and experience. Then switched to hogs. (iron foundries etc in between.) I cannot complain. Always active and stressed out lots of times. My sister married a New Zealander. He died years back. Had a daughter and son. Their daughter is now a reporter for the London Times. China, East Asia, She reported from. Never met them. My daughter made a guided trip to the UK few years ago. London to Scotland. The driver for the trip in to Scotland was a Geordie. She had to translate for the other passengers!! Umm..thought I had lost my accent..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Sat May 06, 2017 1:58 am

halcanada wrote:
It worked for me, farming. From a dairy herd Ayton yorkshire to a managers position in Bermuda. 200 dairy cows. Of course all hay and feed imported. Modern set up at that time. rubber mats etc,. 8 Portuguese guys worked for me. 2 years there. From there to dairy and cash crop in the US. Canton New York state. Two years there. Then Canada. Similar situation. Canada just a living wage but I enjoyed the challenges and experience. Then switched to hogs. (iron foundries etc in between.) I cannot complain. Always active and stressed out lots of times. My sister married a New Zealander. He died years back. Had a daughter and son. Their daughter is now a reporter for the London Times. China, East Asia, She reported from. Never met them. My daughter made a guided trip to the UK few years ago. London to Scotland. The driver for the trip in to Scotland was a Geordie. She had to translate for the other passengers!! Umm..thought I had lost my accent..
Know all about the Geordie bit Hal Smile Smile. 2 brothers I know here Wink Wink one speaks good common aussie english Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! but the other one  bounce bounce comes from another planet, when his mouth opens etc  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am

I had a old kidby loft years ago with sliding doors on inside which was a pathetic design flaw especially in this country. Anyway I cut them down and hinged them .much better because as mentioned the rain came in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loft Doors...?   

Back to top Go down

Loft Doors...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1