Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Worksop 4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th...
by David Today at 10:37 am

» Weather today
by redrog Today at 10:20 am

» I am back on ..
by Knackered Today at 5:56 am

» Today's bargain
by Knackered Today at 5:44 am

» Tuesday 15th. Race Day, Live Link.
by David Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Tuesday Evening RPRA Update.
by peel bros Yesterday at 9:05 pm

» Wednesday 16th Update RPRA.
by Boosey Yesterday at 2:23 pm

» 19/8/17 anyone racing
by oldstrain Yesterday at 10:37 am

» Europigeons and Jan de Wijs
by Knackered Yesterday at 4:44 am

Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, Lofty

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Lofty

oldstrain

Knackered

blueskylofts

peel bros

redrog

Boosey

johnnorm2

Tony scaife

Sir Rene Archer wins 1st & 2nd club.
Rene Archer wins 1st and 2nd from Messac 118 miles on the 02/06/12 with a 2year old Jan Aarden which was lightly raced as a yearling...... Rene also took 1st on the 19/05/12 from Carentan 62 miles with a Barker, his daughters were also 2nd in the same race where they were the only birds home on the day.....Well done to Rene and his daughters.
Similar topics
Links.
Statistics
We have 1094 registered users
The newest registered user is Tony scaife

Our users have posted a total of 153787 messages in 10172 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Tracking June 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Tracking June 3.   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:21 pm

http://www.tillsonburgdrpc.com/Old%20Birds%202017/Race%20X2%20Map_2June2017.pdf
I am 100 plus km farther than the last location.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:14 pm

that's quite a lot of distance hal, I hope the overfly evens it up for you....... pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Overfly can be good or bad. Actually won the Smiths Falls one with a young bird few years ago. Only day bird. This weekend flying from Merrickville another 15 miles or so longer. So 325 miles for me. If the race is around the 1050 mpm mark I should do good. I do not have speed birds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:22 pm

Good luck for the weekend hal what preparation has been done for this race
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 am

Mark. Open loft, 20 mile toss last Saturday. Tried to get them tossed again but so far weather not cooperating. Have to get a 40 miler in either tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday. Sitting eggs about a week some of them. Others chasing. Just usually send cocks. So far. Feed is low protein and restricted. Hoping for a tough one. May 27th tracking. http://www.tillsonburgdrpc.com/Old%20Birds%202017/New%20May27Race.PDF  Just compare the route taken.
If the birds do not do as expected I know were the fault is. Just have to look in the mirror! Getting rather tired of looking at myself.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 am

good luck hal wish you all the best for the race
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:42 pm

All the very best Hal.

I trust all goes well for you.

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:32 pm

No training in the usual sense today. Extremely strong winds, clouds, light rain showers. However old birds were flying (not continuously ) for over two hours. Young birds were not out yesterday and were anxious to go. Half will fly an hour or more. So just let the young birds out to join with the old ones. Leave them out few more hours. They are really booting around! May accomplish two things. Extra exercise plus some old cocks do not have hens. Hopefully they will pick some young ones. More motivation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:12 pm

We had the same problem today Hal.

VERY windy and worse than that, we have great gusts at over 70 km per hour.

Young birds should have been trained as they have a race on Saturday. Old birds also, but I think will be OK to miss a days flying.

To remedy today's blues, we have just bought two Ad Schaerlaeckens stock birds. Hopefully that will be with us in a week or so. The courier costs could have nearly bought us another bird - 120 euro! Wow!

ATB

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Well, got them in a few minutes ago. Young and old flew most of the day. 8.30 am to 5 pm. They really love the wind! Strong S.W forecast for Saturday. We fly from the East.
Yearling blue cock decided to go in the YB loft. Good for him!! All others trapped in to their own lofts. So I assume. Have to look. Stock birds fly out also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:28 am

Blue pied yearling from Ganus parents never mated this year. Short of hens. Now in another flying loft. Spare hen or two there I believe. So looking promising. Weather not good for tomorrow. However, training old birds is basically to get them in to condition. They know the way home. So joint flying again tomorrow, old and young.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 am

halcanada wrote:
Mark. Open loft, 20 mile toss last Saturday. Tried to get them tossed again but so far weather not cooperating. Have to get a 40 miler in either tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday. Sitting eggs about a week some of them. Others chasing. Just usually send cocks. So far. Feed is low protein and restricted. Hoping for a tough one. May 27th tracking. http://www.tillsonburgdrpc.com/Old%20Birds%202017/New%20May27Race.PDF  Just compare the route taken.
If the birds do not do as expected I know were the fault is. Just have to look in the mirror! Getting rather tired of looking at myself.....
Interesting Hal Smile Smile could I have a guess etc lol! lol! lol! & say I just hope it wasn't the leader of the pack type of thing there. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:49 am

Knackered. If one is not winning or placing in the top one must change methods. The only methods that work for me from the distance, are what I have used for years. Keep it simple and basic. I would love to win the short fast races also but do not have that type of bird or the know how to fine tune them every week. Have won them years past. More by luck than judgement. Won a 200 mile Young bird race by 20 minutes. Fast one. $500 won. 5th place I won a donated prize. Muscovy duck! Male. Spent the money quickly. The duck stayed with me for 2 years. Farm and a pond available. Canadian winters tend to get harsh. Cold outside he would peck at the screen door. Thought Muscovites liked cold? Let him in he would sit beside the small wood stove in the kitchen. Got him a mate come Spring. Quite a brood! Come Autumn and door knocking again (about a dozen by then) swapped with a Portuguese flier for some Fabrys. They cooked them all for a family reunion. My culls every year, dozens of them, I give to a guy who sells them for meat. Not since wood pigeons I shot in the UK have I eaten pigeons. Nor eaten tripe and onions, other good stuff. Sheep head from the butchers, cook and split and eat the brains. Oh well, we all adapt. Just wondered. Kangaroo testicles a delicacy in your country?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:42 am

halcanada wrote:
Knackered. If one is not winning or placing in the top one must change methods. The only methods that work for me from the distance, are what I have used for years. Keep it simple and basic. I would love to win the short fast races also but do not have that type of bird or the know how to fine tune them every week. Have won them years past. More by luck than judgement. Won a 200 mile Young bird race by 20 minutes. Fast one. $500 won. 5th place I won a donated prize. Muscovy duck! Male. Spent the money quickly. The duck stayed with me for 2 years. Farm and a pond available. Canadian winters tend to get harsh. Cold outside he would peck at the screen door. Thought Muscovites liked cold? Let him in he would sit beside the small wood stove in the kitchen. Got him a mate come Spring. Quite a brood! Come Autumn and door knocking again (about a dozen by then) swapped with a Portuguese flier for some Fabrys. They cooked them all for a family reunion. My culls every year, dozens of them, I give to a guy who sells them for meat. Not since wood pigeons I shot in the UK have I eaten pigeons. Nor eaten tripe and onions, other good stuff. Sheep head from the butchers, cook and split and eat the brains. Oh well, we all adapt. Just wondered. Kangaroo testicles a delicacy in your country?
Great little story Hal Smile Smile. The testical bit lol! lol! lol! not my thing etc thou brains,tripe & liver Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad turned me from a boy into a man when young down here, as my dad sadly was a sadist type butcher back then Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracking June 3.   

Back to top Go down

Tracking June 3.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1