Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Basketing this week Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» Good Morning
Basketing this week Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:10 am

» sorting birds out
Basketing this week Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Basketing this week Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Basketing this week Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Basketing this week Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Basketing this week Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Basketing this week Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
Basketing this week Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Basketing this week 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 59 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Basketing this week Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Basketing this week Vote_lcapBasketing this week Voting_barBasketing this week Vote_rcap 
David
Basketing this week Vote_lcapBasketing this week Voting_barBasketing this week Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221951 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Basketing this week Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Basketing this week Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Basketing this week

Go down 
+5
markevans
David
redrog
oldstrain
blueskylofts
9 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Basketing this week Empty
PostSubject: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 am

Our club is basketing tonight for Toulouse, which is over 450 miles to us.

It is too far for us as we only have yearling that did not race last year. Plus 'they is Crook' right now.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 11:20 am

hope all is well soon phil and hil...we race from Nottingham this week 120 miles to me just sending 3 cocks this week as the hens are in egg/laying good luck to all racing over the weekend
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 2:56 pm

bath 5 cocks 120.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 5:34 pm

good luck to those racing this week......... cheers cheers

whats wrong with your birds phil, whats the symptums...?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:24 pm

David wrote:
good luck to those racing this week......... cheers cheers

whats wrong with your birds phil, whats the symptums...?

Young bird sickness -

Old birds may have had some dreaded lurgy caught from race baskets and mixing with other. It's like children when they start at school - they catch all sorts.

However, the problems/sickness is almost sorted out now, with a BIG thanks to our Darren.

Young birds went out today for the first time all week, apart from one that still looks really ill, the rest are looking and fly much better.

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 pm

ah right, glad to hear they are on the mend phil, and well done to Darren for helping / advising, hes helped me many a time when my birds have been off colour......... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:12 pm

great news phil shame about the 1 but I think you know what to do ...maybe a carrier/first infected or just found its immunity out ,I would isolate that 1 immediately atb
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:27 pm

oldstrain wrote:
great news phil shame about the 1 but I think you know what to do ...maybe a carrier/first infected or just found its immunity out ,I would isolate that 1 immediately atb

Yes indeed, done and done!

Phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 pm

David wrote:
ah right, glad to hear they are on the mend phil, and well done to Darren for helping / advising, hes helped me many a time when my birds have been off colour......... cheers cheers

Yes you are right David, he is a good one, that Darren, and spot on with his advice.

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm

off to club shortly we are sending 6 birds now as our hens have laid both eggs so sending
3 cocks and 3 hens Smile atb to everyone racing this weekend
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:57 pm

We are at fourgeres with the club 4 cocks and 5 hens and also their with the mccfc 5 cocks and 5 hens 299 miles back to me
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Sent 9 to Rippon with the Essex Combine.
It was supposed to be Berwick, but with heavy losses at the last Berwick they decided to bring them closer, which isn't good if you've been holding your distance team back for these races.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Boosey wrote:
Sent 9 to Rippon with the Essex Combine.
It was supposed to be Berwick, but with heavy losses at the last Berwick they decided to bring them closer, which isn't good if you've been holding your distance team back for these races.

All the best Boosey
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 am

they brought ours back to Coventry 84 miles don't know why yet we got 4/6 at the moment they were up at 6am in a light sw
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Ours were brought back from 250 miles to 205 mile station. Too much rain. UNC cancelled their races. Very strong South winds. We fly from the East.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 1:37 am

Bad day. Or not? For regular racing bad. South switched to West wind. Head wind. 38 Celsius and 90 plus humidity. Thunderstorms on the course. Normal race figured 5 hours.
1st bird 6 hours 15 minutes. Went in wrong loft. His original loft. So 10 minutes or more wasted. However.  3 year old that was flown last weekend in very bad weather. Has been near the top ( in my loft returns ) on many occasions. 2nd bird home did not clock. A yearling not raced as a young bird. But also near the top same as above bird. Mud on the band. As of 30 minutes ago, 8 pm, only two home out of 9. 2nd bird was 3 hours behind the first one. Only clocked the 1st one. Sent the time in 20 minutes after clocking. I have 3 more that were not sent but have performed the same in previous races. 2 are nest mates. So. Good day for me in the respect it will be easier to cull a large amount in 4 few weeks. No idea how other folks did. Not important to me. These five cocks are the best so far. 11 cocks 3 year old go next week.  After that hens. 3 of the 11 are above the others. If that gives me 8 plus a couple of young birds that will be enough for next year. Best to best.  Hope for the best. No inclination to give birds another chance. Too much time, trouble and aggravation. Reliable is what I need not wishful thinking. The extra 40 plus miles from the club is not good in this weather. But not complaining at all. Oh well, 7 days from now another race. Or endurance contest! Maybe 1 lofters next year with some young from these.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 am

Update. Tillsonburg club, short end, over 100 kms, usual ones to beat have their results up. 1011mpm fastest bird. In that club would be 30th. Many no reports there.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 2:51 am

halcanada wrote:
Update. Tillsonburg club, short end, over 100 kms, usual ones to beat have their results up. 1011mpm fastest bird. In that club would be 30th. Many no reports there.
Interesting report card here Hal Smile Smile. For some purist pigeon loving types Wink Wink it may not make good reading etc I suspect in your management skills, to lower your numbers there bounce bounce. But be assured Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I could fill a book with similar type folk doing strange type things to reach the same outcome as you, because of the Rota virus issue down here unfortunately.  cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 9:58 am

Two more last night just before dark.
Knackered. Is anyone vaccinating for the virus? Or are people letting it run its course? As for lower numbers, only one bird wins, obviously. I would love to keep them all. However, practicality dictates otherwise. The more attention each bird gets individually, the better the performance I have found. Every year I get rid of 40 or 50 pigeons. Some kept back are 2nd chancers. No more. 18 pairs to race next year maximum. The more adversity a pigeon encounters the stronger it gets, mentally. Or is lost. Not every ones cup of tea but heck, there are numerous ways and methods and all work to some degree. That is what makes this sport so interesting.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 11:34 am

we got all ours yesterday 6/6 but 5 mins off the winner 11th club roll on next week Alfie picked up some more pool money though another tenner in his pocket so he is well happy pirat
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 12:55 pm

sent 6 cocks 5 back, miles off winner
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Last one back at 10 am.40 mins ago. 7 yearlings 2 older birds. 35 C High winds, high humidity. Thunderstorms still around. Tomorrow 25 C. Much more pleasant!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 am

halcanada wrote:
Two more last night just before dark.
Knackered. Is anyone vaccinating for the virus? Or are people letting it run its course? As for lower numbers, only one bird wins, obviously. I would love to keep them all. However, practicality dictates otherwise. The more attention each bird gets individually, the better the performance I have found. Every year I get rid of 40 or 50 pigeons. Some kept back are 2nd chancers. No more. 18 pairs to race next year maximum. The more adversity a pigeon encounters the stronger it gets, mentally. Or is lost. Not every ones cup of tea but heck, there are numerous ways and methods and all work to some degree. That is what makes this sport so interesting.
To put it in blunt terms Hal Wink Wink it's a ****ing cicus  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad down here sadly, with the Rota virus issue. The panic merchant types "like our Dr Spock" were telling us the world was going to end etc & his off sider up North, a certain Dr Marshall here "Pigeon Vet" is actually racing at the moment in a local Fed in his area along with many other clubs & Feds around the country as such. Latest word Smile Smile local man Wink Wink is trying a chicken vaccine that you put in the water I believe in desperation, because the new vaccine appears to be harder to make than first thought etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 am

oldstrain wrote:
we got all ours yesterday 6/6 but 5 mins off the winner 11th club roll on next week Alfie picked up some more pool money though another tenner in his pocket so he is well happy pirat
Cheeky bugger that Alfie Smile Smile "pool money again" lol! lol! lol!.the little pirat has won more money it appears, than I have in a life time etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basketing this week   Basketing this week Empty

Back to top Go down

Basketing this week
Page 1 of 1