Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) pigeons in race basket - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Vote_lcappigeons in race basket - Page 3 Voting_barpigeons in race basket - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Vote_lcappigeons in race basket - Page 3 Voting_barpigeons in race basket - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221952 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

pigeons in race basket

Go down 
+2
David
IANYOUNG
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 pm

I think the best way to deal with people like that David, is to let your pigeons do your talking. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm

yes amanda thats the best way to fettle them they wont like that will they
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 pm

im hoping to win every race next year...............I WISH!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:43 pm

DAVID wrote:
im hoping to win every race next year...............I WISH!!!! lol!

Well you never know David, i must admit we play the part in feeding, fitness, and motavation, then its all up to the birds and perhaps a little bit of luck.
i think you will give them a fly for their money.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:57 pm

hope so amanda,i know there is some strong flyers in the club and if i can "suprise"them into thinking...oh hes a novice, hes no threat......but really i will have put the help and info from our members to good use and catch them out...lol i dont think they will expect me to know/fly my ybs on the dark and when its the first yb race and they see them it will be too late....my secret weapons lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 pm

DAVID wrote:
hope so amanda,i know there is some strong flyers in the club and if i can "suprise"them into thinking...oh hes a novice, hes no threat......but really i will have put the help and info from our members to good use and catch them out...lol i dont think they will expect me to know/fly my ybs on the dark and when its the first yb race and they see them it will be too late....my secret weapons lol! lol!

That would be Class, you will have to take a camers when they stick the clocks off. Then take a picture of their faces when you win.
Saying that i hope they will be Man/Woman enough to shake your hand and say well done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 pm

wouldnt hold my breath amanda, most of them are the same members who i raced against 20 years ago and when we won then they didnt do it....so they wont now. lol! thell hate it if i start winning again... lol! lol! flower
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:32 pm

DAVID wrote:
wouldnt hold my breath amanda, most of them are the same members who i raced against 20 years ago and when we won then they didnt do it....so they wont now. lol! thell hate it if i start winning again... lol! lol! flower

Well in that case i hope you beat them every week lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:31 pm

I agree with you amanda hope David can put pie in there face
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 pm

But it is down to you at the end of the day David routine remember
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 am

yes, routine your right.....once i get my system/management sorted out properly ill need to stick to it.so far im at the trial and error stage but theres a few months yet to next yb season so ill get there by then..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 pm

david it's best to make the mistakes now than during racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:12 pm

yes don, sometimes it seems a fine line between getting it right and wrong......once i seem to get one thing sorted another thing goes wrong..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:40 am

A very interesting occurrence happened at our last release point . After liberation, a pigeon pulled out of the pack and returned the transporter landing very close by. When the driver tried to catch it, the pigeon flew into the pannier from which it had been released and was then brought back to the vet for examination. He examined the bird and found it to be in a good state of health . This had never hapened before in the history of our club.
affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 pm

very strange niel, how long had it been in the pannier? maybe homed/settled to it......... Very Happy lol!
only joking niel, seriously tho, never heard of it before....maybe someone else might have....... scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:02 pm

maybe the pannier was a better home lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 pm

strange isnt it ian ? ive heard of when liberating trainers they come back to where they were liberated from because of b.o.p./hawks etc but this is strange..... cat
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Have seen this happen a few times when conveying, birds returning to the transporter
Must say have not got a clue why this happens
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:15 pm

i know don, to go back in the pannier is unbelievable isnt it ? might have agraphobia...... affraid
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm

I don't know but its funny to see it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:10 pm

yes, i bet it is...... affraid
imagine the embarasment if it was your bird that had been brought home....... Embarassed you would never hear the last of it in the club. cat
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:41 pm

You saying that remember a race from weymouth it was the breeder buyer race young birds

released the pigeons checked the race baskets to make sure that all the pigeons had gone when in one basket there were 2 pigeons left in when i removed the basket i noticed that one of the birds was my breeder buyer pigeon what a waste of money
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 pm

bet you were gutted don.....yes a waste wasnt it ? all gone in one race that didnt happen...... drunken scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Yes your right there
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:58 pm

past couple of weeks birds in the baskets have been spot on no overcrowding , only because i complained ,happy now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pigeons in race basket   pigeons in race basket - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

pigeons in race basket
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next