Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» The Raptor Alliance
by oldstrain Today at 7:53 am

» ybs fun and games
by oldstrain Today at 7:47 am

» Weather today
by peel bros Today at 7:47 am

» Grandparents
by peel bros Today at 7:46 am

» y/b darkness
by oldstrain Today at 7:45 am

» Training starts tomorrow.
by blueskylofts Today at 6:26 am

» Beat you David !!!.
by blueskylofts Today at 6:23 am

» FUTURE OR NOT
by David Yesterday at 6:24 pm

» South shields central newark
by peel bros Yesterday at 12:05 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

blueskylofts, David, oldstrain, peel bros

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Knackered

peel bros

oldstrain

redrog

friendsloft

MISTY

barnie

blueskylofts

halcanada

Statistics
We have 1130 registered users
The newest registered user is zimmerman43

Our users have posted a total of 166417 messages in 11011 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:58 pm

can our syndicate members for the 2018 one loft venture give us their opinions on what direction it should take, do we send them to the rpra again, or do we look into what other one lofts are available.....either in the uk or abroad, if there are any members wanting to enter a different one loft can they give us costs to include entry for the birds, and costs for transportation / courier to the one loft, as these are all things which will need to be considered before a final decision is made.

also the question of which birds or whos birds will be entered, do we go with tumley birds again, or do we choose from members birds, as for how many will depend on which one loft we enter, and how many members are in the syndicate......do members want costs to be cheap, or do they want to pay more ?

can we have some input from those involved please, its no good complaining once a decision is made if you don't say anything.

the syndicate members involved are listed below;

DAVID (ME)
DARREN (OLDSTRAIN)
MARK EVANS
HALCANADA (HAL)
KNACKERED (KNACKERED)
KEN (FRIENDSLOFTS)
DON WEBB
BRIANT
STORMQUEEN (JOHN)
JOHNNORM2 (JOHN)
LOFTY (ROY)
RAY PEEL (PEEL BROS)
PHIL (BLUESKYLOFTS)
REDROG
SCAIFE BROTHERS
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:44 pm

I would be happy with the RPRA as I think it might be quite A lot to do sending a bird abroad ...And I think we should have members pigeons to send But we are happy anyway the money will be there when you need it no matter what Abroad or UK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 pm

thanks for having your say jet/scaife bros.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 pm

happy with rpra race, happy with tumley lofts, just want bit of fun/interest, not a big fan of sending members bird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:39 pm

thanks for your thoughts red...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Distance. 280 to 320 miles. Makes for a good race.
Members putting birds in. Think Phil is a good prospect. Look at it this way. Birds hit terrible weather, get blown way off course, end up in France. They can ask directions...after learning French off their parents....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:03 pm

thanks for your thoughts hal, always interesting to get a few different views on a subject...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 pm

thing is how much do we all want to pay ...last year was £25 which was a reasonable amount to pay for a lot of interest with 2 birds entered ...thing is with the tumley birds they were a outside source from the syndicate which solved the problem of who was going to breed our entries ...now tumley cant be that bad with being sold out of ybs every year and some members shopping at his place ...one member topped his fed with a yb from their... I know of 3 national champs bred their and don't think any of us has quite got those credentials at present regards breeding stock ...not unless you got something tucked away somewhere Suspect just my take on it anyway lads atb
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:51 pm

I am happy with RPRA one loft again, plus with the syndicate getting some extra members plus the prize money won I think we should see if we could try and get 4 or more pigeons entered Question Question Question Question Question

I have asked a good friend off mine if would breed 2 youngsters and he said yes but I need to finalise this over the next few days

The same person will be sending the same pigeons to the Portugal One Loft
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:31 am

Agree with Don.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:25 am

OK. My thoughts. 2 from Tumley. Basic. After that up to the members as to how many more or how much more and other ideas. Keep two at Tumleys as the base point. Any other birds from members etc, negotiated among the members. Not all will participate, naturally, but some will. Own arrangements made. Privately or otherwise. Sensible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:23 am

I agree with hal...but would add a slight slant on it whereby I would make a list of all syndicate members wanting to put a bird in to represent us and then put into a hat and draw them out on a first out will represent us first so first 2 could represent us this year next 2 next year any new members could be added to the list if they so wish
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am

halcanada wrote:
OK. My thoughts. 2 from Tumley.  Basic. After that up to the members as to how many more or how much more and other ideas. Keep two at Tumleys as the base point. Any other birds from members etc, negotiated among the members. Not all will participate, naturally, but some will. Own arrangements made. Privately or otherwise. Sensible?
I agree Tumley 2 Smile Smile if possible. They stepped up to the plate type thing last year, which I for one appreciated etc. After that  Wink  Wink I'm easy to please lol! lol! lol! as long as I win a car  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 am

you have the car knackered, I`ll have the £25,000 lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:25 am

David wrote:
you have the car knackered, I`ll have the £25,000  lol! lol! lol!
OK Smile Smile as I said, I'm easy to please etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Im happy to go with Tumley lofts for 2 as you rightly said they stepped up to the plate this year for us burt if your going to go for four i would look no further for one of Ray Peel and bros they have put some good results consistantly for the other one either Phil as we all know what hes brought in or Don with one of his friend who enters the potugal one loft as Don would have done his homework just my thoughts
Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 pm

I think the first thing we need to do is speak to tumley, and see if they want to continue advertising on the forum....as we all know, payment for them advertising was taken by way of 2 pigeons, which members decided were best used to enter the rpra one loft, rather than give as a prize like the previous year.

also I think we need to establish who would like to breed a yb to enter into the one loft, we also would need to know about what the yb/s would be, and what the parents had won......or what one lofts they had competed in the past, and positions won.

it may seem a bit nit picking, but we need the best chance possible to get some good results......so anyone wanting to breed/test a yb in a one loft, just let it be known, and what yb you intend to breed for it, then the members have a good idea of what they are choosing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Don Webb wrote:
I am happy with RPRA one loft again, plus with the syndicate getting some extra members plus the prize money won I think we should see if we could try and get 4 or more pigeons entered Question Question Question Question Question  

I have asked a good friend off mine if would breed 2 youngsters and he said yes but I need to finalise this over the next few days

The same person will be sending the same pigeons to the Portugal One Loft

Hi everyone just a update and the answer is yes my friend will breed 2 youngsters for the forum and if you think Ray has had a good season the pigeons this person has is just as good

but its up to the members if you agree just need the date when you think you would want the pigeon to be entered plus as we are in the midlands we can take the birds there to save cost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:03 pm

halcanada wrote:
Agree with Don.

Cheers Hal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:04 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Im happy to go with Tumley lofts for 2 as you rightly said they stepped up to the plate this year for us burt if your going to go for four i would look no further for one of Ray Peel and bros they have put some good results consistantly for the other one either Phil as we all know what hes brought in or Don with one of his friend who enters the potugal one loft as Don would have done his homework  just my thoughts
Ken

Cheers Ken

Ken ask Ray who helped him get the birds he won with lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! BUT I KNOW NOTHING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 am

Copied from another site. Comment on Ad S article.
"How true is this article, I’m a very firm believer that a true champion is breed accordingly to the area that you live in, wen I was in California I was able to fly a certain type of bird, wen I moved to Wisconsin 70% of the pigeons were disposed of in 3 years. I strongly recommend to look into Ray Torres methods, to some people they don’t make sense but they work."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 am

halcanada wrote:
Copied from another site. Comment on Ad S article.
"How true is this article, I’m a very firm believer that a true champion is breed accordingly to the area that you live in, wen I was in California I was able to fly a certain type of bird, wen I moved to Wisconsin 70% of the pigeons were disposed of in 3 years. I strongly recommend to look into Ray Torres methods, to some people they don’t make sense but they work."

I agree with this comment to a large extent and have noticed it racing north when most in the uk race south ...most of the south flyers who have tried the north road experience heavy losses with ybs and usually revert back we get a lot of headwinds and a lot less pigeons to follow jmo
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 pm

The person in question is Mark Johnson who lives not far from me in West Bromwich, when racing Mark can average 10-15 first a year with 2-3 first feds with that

Mark is a great Sprint to Middle Distance loft who has pure quality but he has not raced a full season for the last 2 seasons due to family commitments, the youngsters he will be breeding will be from his Stock Loft the bred will be "Artts Bros" of Belgium who were top class sprint fanciers and now have moved over to half fond "Middle Distance" which they have started were they left off as sprint fanciers

Mark has asked when the forum would like the youngsters to be ready for if you come up with a few some dates then he will work round the dates

Plus if the forum agree with Mark breeding the youngsters then me and Mark can take them down to the lofts to save the cost of delivery
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm

thanks for the info don, its given our members another option now to consider......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 pm

OK David hope it helps the members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....   

Back to top Go down

2018 One Loft, Have Your Say....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: