Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:05 pm

» Weather today
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby oldstrain Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
One Loft Races to consider Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) One Loft Races to consider 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 96 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 95 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.One Loft Races to consider Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
One Loft Races to consider Vote_lcapOne Loft Races to consider Voting_barOne Loft Races to consider Vote_rcap 
David
One Loft Races to consider Vote_lcapOne Loft Races to consider Voting_barOne Loft Races to consider Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221956 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
One Loft Races to consider Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
One Loft Races to consider Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

One Loft Races to consider

Go down 
+9
fieldwalker
johnnorm2
markevans
Knackered
Don Webb
jet2013uk
halcanada
oldstrain
blueskylofts
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

One Loft Races to consider Empty
PostSubject: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 9:50 am

Here is a list of One Loft Races we could enter.

https://www.oneloftracing.com/oneloftraces/

Personally. I think we should be looking further away than just the RPRA loft.

There are at least 20 races we could enter if we wanted to.

We need members to get off their back-sides, and make some decisions - like:-

1. What birds are we going to send?

2. How much are we all going to put into the kitty?

3. How many birds do we want to send?

4. And MOST important - WHERE are we going to send the birds we choose.

I can see this ending up like the competition I did about a month ago - re your ideal LOFT. I got about four people saying what part of a loft they would like - but NOT one fully developed idea. Even though there was a great prize to be won.

There are too many apathetic people not willing to make any decisions or put forward any ideas. They all just sit about saying stuff like 'oh well whatever what is decided I will go along with it'. How can we make decisions if nobody is going to decide anything?

Phil

Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 pm

people may think theres plenty time to decide....wrong we need to know what we are doing before Christmas so the birds can be bred at the correct time and of course to be organised with our entry forms and fee,s ...once we get into mid December peoples minds will be on xmas etc...so we do need to start to pull together and make some decisions ,maybe each member should pick 3 sources they would like to use for the ybs ...I don't really know what else to suggest that's fair to everyone as we are a syndicate and are all equal ,maybe we should appoint somebody to deal with this side of things within the syndicate I know marks dealing with the monies for the rpra one loft but we need someone to make the final decision of what birds to use and where because 15/16 guys all chipping in their pennys worth is going to get very sticky if you know what I mean ....I suppose what I am saying is ,it is better for someone to tell us whats happening as a final decision rather than all of us making our own choices someone level headed who will do whats best and consider everyones views , pigeons and every angle and make a decision on behalf of us all so why don't we all nominate a person as our decision maker regarding birds entered and where they are entered it would save a lot of time instead of running it by every syndicate member who may not be online from one day to the next ...just an idea atb
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 12:55 pm

That is a very good idea Darren.

I don't know if you mean that members should nominate one or two other members or members should nominate themselves IF they want to do the job.

It is no good 60% of members nominating Fred Blogs, when Fred does NOT want to do it.

Anyway - to start the ball rolling - I would like to nominate myself.

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 pm

yes yer right, of course people should put their name forward if they wanted to do it ...then vote on the names if members decide to go that way ,I think its the best thing to do else it will take forever to make any decisions
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Yes exactly Darren, my thoughts entirely.

So, could we have the names of all the people who are interested and willing to take on the jobs of selecting what birds we use, and which venues we send them to.

Just thinking, I don't think £25 is realistically going to be enough. What would people be prepared to pay?

As I have said before, I am willing to do the job if there are enough people who would vote for me.

Phil
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 pm

“”I can see this ending up like the competition I did about a month ago - re your ideal LOFT. I got about four people saying what part of a loft they would like - but NOT one fully developed idea. Even though there was a great prize to be won.””

Knackereds  ideal loft would be opposite to mine obviously because of the climate. Two extremes. North of England loft would be different from the South. North Sea winds etc,.

“There are too many apathetic people not willing to make any decisions or put forward any ideas. They all just sit about saying stuff like 'oh well whatever what is decided I will go along with it'. How can we make decisions if nobody is going to decide anything?”“”
Yes, they do that. Know why? One they do not want to be “shot down”. Or ridiculed. Two. They do not want to be made to feel inferior. You have a habit of coming across as a teacher with a bunch of dumb students, You take offense at the slightest nuance. Too much ego. Vote for you to run the show??
You have my vote!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 am

Phil. Number 1. Money in the kitty. No point speculating as to what will eventually come in.. I am down for $100 Canadian. About 60 pounds sterling. If some one wants to put 25 pounds or 35 or whatever, then no matter. Equal shares. The members can email you or David or whomever with their pledges. Private.
When we know how much then we can proceed to the next step.
One lofters overseas tend to get expensive, shipping wise. UK or Ireland would be good.
As for source, Dons buddy for one or two, yours for one or two or Tumleys or??
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm happy to send £25 if that's ok
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm happy with putting £25-£35 max in the kitty
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 am

jet2013uk wrote:
I'm happy to send £25 if that's ok
A fair & reasonable amount Jet etc from my perspective. Those that wish to  spend more as such, just buy another share like me here Smile Smile. One for the little Aussie battler  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  & one for charity Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 10:01 am

I am sorry to say that £25.00 per person will not get us much.

For all those of you that are interested - The British Homing World has all the details of next year's event in this week's edition. (17th or 18th November)

But in essence - I was told yesterday when I rang the RPRA, that the charges will be the same per bird as this year £110.00 per bird. I am sure the rest of the details will be there as well.

We estimate if we are going to race four birds - as 2 for the RPRA race and 2 for a continental race like the French Young Bird Derby - then we will need around £600.00 plus a bit for courier costs.

Although, the RPRA one loft is not too far from us and as long as I didn't have to go to, for example, Sheffield to collect the birds, I could deliver them myself.

Re the French one loft race - they pick up at quite a few places around the country, then take the birds to frogland, by boat in a transit type vehicle. Go to YouTube and type in:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-XGDYQCMD0

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QstesQSoJn0

And see what you think. It looks MUCH better than the RPRA one loft.

We don't have any more time for shilly-shallying about, and people saying 'oh I'll go with the flow' or 'it doesn't matter to me'. You will appreciate it takes a lot of planning and hard work before the birds actually get to the Loft where they are going - choosing pairs, putting them together, getting them to lay, making sure the eggs hatch, are the babies OK or do you have to start again, let alone planning for the day when they have got to be sent! Etc, etc.

Please think about this and let us know.

Phil

Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Been reading some of the past posts and to be honest I think this is all getting out of hand before we get off the ground with talks about different loft races and bigger cash pots this started off as a bit of fun for the members of the forum and anyone who wanted to be in the syndicate
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Yes I think you are right Mark.

But last time the forum just sent 2 birds to the nearest one loft race, and the birds were not bred by any of the members.

I thought next year we wanted to do a bit more than that.

The BIG problem is - apart from 3 or 4 people nobody has said what they want- except maybe "I will go with what everyone else wants to do"

That does not really help - if everyone said 'I will do what everyone else wants to do' we will get nowhere.

I think you sorted everything out last time, why not do the same again.

Phil
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Well I would like to stay with the rpra one loft race and as I have already said I will do the same job again for the forum and its members on a personal note I'm not bothers about any other loft race I would put up four birds for the syndicate but my problem is that I don't pair early and are concerned that I couldn't get the birds ready in time
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 pm

fair shout mark I don't think their was any doubt we would have a few in our home one loft and thanks for the comments and thanks all round for your efforts and great to see your happy to do it again atb
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 pm

As it has all ready been said we don't have much time to sort things out if its going to happen so I will do the organizing with the rpra again and I think we should have a cut off point as to how long we leave it for members to come on board with the syndicate this to be the 1st of December and all money to be paid by the 15 of December this will give us time for checks to clear and get the paper work sorted
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 pm

16 forum members in at the moment if no one else wants to join how about if we invite fancier's that are not on the internet  friends to make up 20 syndicate members and send 4 birds at £440  and £60 for carriage I may have two fancier's that will be interested that's my thought on the matter
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm

markevans wrote:
16 forum members in at the moment if no one else wants to join how about if we invite fancier's that are not on the internet  friends to make up 20 syndicate members and send 4 birds at £440  and £60 for carriage I may have two fancier's that will be interested that's my thought on the matter
Things at times here get lost Mark Smile Smile when some do the counting trick Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Actually, I believe it's 17 etc Wink Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 am

If EVERYBODY only wanted to do the RPRA race - why the hell didn't you all say it at the beginning of all this.

It would have saved me hours of research.

Do you know - it is sometimes like standing on the bows of a boat, trying to have a pee - you get it all back in your face!

Phil

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am

blueskylofts wrote:
If EVERYBODY only wanted to do the RPRA race - why the hell didn't you all say it at the beginning of all this.

It would have saved me hours of research.

Do you know - it is sometimes like standing on the bows of a boat, trying to have a pee - you get it all back in your face!

Phil

We call it down here Phil  Smile  Smile  "pissing into the wind" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Same result  Wink  Wink  I would like to suggest thou here you muddied the waters type thing, when you suggested/wished to go off shore etc. On average, some people here are more than happy to do a certain amount of work for others to gain some enjoyment I suspect with our race & that does not mean necessarily only the RPRA race, but maybe something more local for most here. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 pm

If the forum only want to enter the RPRA One Loft race. that is great for you all.

But I can enter that race on my own, the same as David is going to.

I thought it would be much better for all, if we entered a few different races, but apparently that is not what most want.

So the best thing all round, is for you guys do what you want, and I will do what I want on my own with Hil.

Phil
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Phil. Some members have already stated a change of venue would be considered. Way back at the start. However, majority should rule, for better or worse. So, as I posted previously, put up some options and take a vote!
1 RRPA or other. yes or no
2 25 pounds or more. yes or no
3 Tumley picks the birds or members? yes or no
Other options as they arise but right now we are going no where fast.
Simpler the better. JMO!
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 5:39 pm

I would be happy to try somewhere else as well as the rpra one loft again. gives it more things to look forward to. Am happy to pay 50 pound towards it. As for the birds i think tumbly birds are very good but do like the idea of using some members birds. What ever is decided i will be looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Great Avitar lol! above
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 6:09 pm

was thinking this about your avatar f/walker, I like the old photo, I presume one of them is you...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Races to consider   One Loft Races to consider Empty

Back to top Go down

One Loft Races to consider
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next