Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:31 am

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 5:00 am

» Weather today
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pairing Up.... - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 58 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Vote_lcapPairing Up.... - Page 2 Voting_barPairing Up.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Vote_lcapPairing Up.... - Page 2 Voting_barPairing Up.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
tanveerhbaig
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221836 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pairing Up....

Go down 
+3
oldstrain
fieldwalker
David
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Theirs no rings left ray brought them all for his first round
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 pm

markevans wrote:
Theirs no rings left ray brought them all for his first round

lol! lol! lol!

that's our Raymond for you eh........ Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 am

I had ordered 50. Then thought about it. Have too many birds now already, why breed more? Another loft? Cull harder? Cost more to feed, more work? Must be nuts! Changed the order to 30.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 1:22 am

Yeah 50 but no doubt a few will go awol
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 1:31 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Yeah 50 but no doubt a few will go awol
Fact is Fieldwalker Smile Smile on average many will go missing before the end etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & that tell's me thou we maybe appear to be smarter as such most  are going backwards in our sport.  
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 1:48 am

Every body loses some. Fortunately, I lose very few. Numbers here are getting out of hand. I cull reasonably heavy every year. However, getting to the point now that less is better. Have the loft space so that is not the problem.
14 pairs stock, half are retired racers. 2013/2014/2015. Others are there parents.
16 pairs of 2 year olds and 3 year olds to race.
15 pairs of yearlings to race.
90 birds.
Will only get young off the stock birds. The others will be pushed to the limit if fit.
So 30 pairs to race. I lose half. Lose half of 30 young birds. 24 pairs to race year after. Still too many. Perform they earn a perch. If not out.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 4:58 am

60 rings for me this year Shocked that ray rubs off on you lol! truth be told I got 18 going out and want 40 for myself
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 am

probably 100 rings for 2018, 30 for my self to race the rest to new owners........ clown clown
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Rained all night. One loft door wide open. Feathers everywhere. Something got in and killed one or two. Not sure. Others flying still. cannot find bodies, just feathers with blood on them. The corn grows to within 20 feet of the back of the lofts. Good cover for whatever it was.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 pm

sorry to hear that hal, did whatever it was open the door...?

what is your usual predator which will attack your birds...?
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Door has a deadbolt plus a catch. Another dead bolt on today.A racoon is the only animal that can open latches and dead bolts. List of other predators is quite long.
On reflection, there was a howling wind yesterday from the South. That would blow the door closed. This morning North West wind which would open it. IF I did not close it tightly enough yesterday. I am hoping that was the cause.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:04 pm

hope so hal, so it was an opportunist attack then, if the wind had blown the door, whatever it was saw an opening and too advantage......
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Bad news that hal hope you get what ever it was soon that's all you need
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 pm

I have to look on the bright side! The missing cock is a blue pied from Ganus family. Not very good. I had moved out the two best fliers week or so ago. Stock loft. Also out of the 16 cocks in there, 5 trapped back in to there original loft. Leaves 9 cocks.The loft is 12 x 6. The last 4 feet were added later. Have a door between. So, widowhood hens one side, the 4 x 6 and 9 cocks other side 8 x 6. 4 foot section has a flap that goes out to a small aviary.. Seems it should work.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Aliens? Age thingy? Today the missing bird is back in the loft! I have to assume door blew open, birds got out, moulted feathers blew out. Lots of them. Heck, I do not mind feeling stupid now!!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:13 am

oldstrain wrote:
60 rings for me this year Shocked that ray rubs off on you lol! truth be told I got 18 going out and want 40 for myself
Smile Smile He is trouble, through & through etc Our Ray O/S Smile Smile lol! lol! lol!. The day he become a chook farmer type  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes things started going down hill unfortunately, in a Big Big way Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pairing Up....   Pairing Up.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pairing Up....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2