Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Birdage, Upfront Payments.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 81 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 79 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Vote_lcapBirdage, Upfront Payments.... Voting_barBirdage, Upfront Payments.... Vote_rcap 
David
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Vote_lcapBirdage, Upfront Payments.... Voting_barBirdage, Upfront Payments.... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Birdage, Upfront Payments....

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Empty
PostSubject: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 am

whats members thoughts on up front birdage payments.........(paying in advance before the racing season starts, for sending your birds racing every week)
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 am

we do it at our club david its a set fee ,theirs a 15 bird fee and a +15 bird fee so you can send up to 15 birds or the other fee is to send what you want ,it has its pros and cons but all in all I quite like it we have no hidden extras only if you want to pool your birds
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

we don't have it, but it comes up every agm, quite like it myself but it hasn't got through on votes yet
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 am

what about if a fancier only has a small team, and they loose most of their birds by about the 4th race, or if they get yb sickness and cant sent for a week or two, they obviously are paying and loosing out, plus it could encourage some fanciers to send the birds even when they are ill.....therefor infecting everyone elses birds.......

also maybe some members cannot afford to pay up front, they manage to pay weekly because that's what money they have available on a weekly basis, plus if one week you don't want to send, you simply don't send and loose nothing, up front payments is wasted money if you don't send.......

I`m not a lover of the idea by what I know about it so far.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 pm

It wouldn’t suite me I only send 10 at most
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Fed site. Upper left corner. Fees.
http://www.swoarpc.ca/
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Boosey wrote:
It wouldn’t suite me I only send 10 at most

who would benefit out up front payments, what would the benefits to the small team flyer be...?
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Id rather save the money i know im going to need in the close season,I do anyway for the channel races.
I can have it spent 3 or 4 times before the racing starts but i know i have to replace it.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 6:44 pm

paying up front would not suit channel racing ...we race north so all racing in this country so no hidden costs just fuel and driver upkeep of wagon etc...no ferries and expensive holdovers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 pm

We have lost 8 or more small clubs around here last 15 years. Due to various reasons. However, the SWOF cannot run at a loss. With the money up front, night of shipping 1st race, Usually the racing program is paid for. 10 weekends old, 10 young. The fed here co-ships with another fed East to some longer races. Cost sharing. The 500 mile races are usually $5 a bird shipping. Extra money for extra mileage. Special races also. Young birds. Minimum is $150 for 15. Now if one has 30 or 40, simple. Just send 15 a week hold some back. Minimum old birds is 10. Same idea. Rotate them. If you lose a few you just replace them. No Fed or Combine that I am aware of will run at a loss. Money up front ensures the program goes well. JMO.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Yeah good for some if you want to rotate but 1 week on and 1 week off isnt much good for races 80/300 mile
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 am

Well each to their own. Shortest here is 115 for me. Next 200 and 50 miles a week added and so forth. Never had a problem jumping them old or young. They do not have to have a set of steps as to distance.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 pm

we get 22 races in the whole season £115 for a 15 bird limit and £165 for a 30 birds or over we get lerwick ,thurso and perth out of that the rest are sprint middle races so its a good deal for us but appreciate everybodys position will be different atb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birdage, Upfront Payments....   Birdage, Upfront Payments.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Birdage, Upfront Payments....
Page 1 of 1