Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RAPTORS ARE LOVEABLE
by MISTY Today at 8:22 pm

» YB Dead....
by MISTY Today at 8:04 pm

» YB Season....
by MISTY Today at 7:27 pm

» mnfc one loft 2018
by oldstrain Today at 2:11 pm

» Weather today
by oldstrain Today at 1:48 pm

» Welcome Daz....
by oldstrain Today at 1:46 pm

» Any Race Results This Weekend .
by oldstrain Today at 1:46 pm

» Burgalary Service Available....
by Knackered Today at 11:21 am

» good luck lads
by oldstrain Yesterday at 6:02 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

oldstrain

Knackered

MISTY

peel bros

redrog

Boosey

halcanada

denise washington

barnie

Statistics
We have 1138 registered users
The newest registered user is Daz

Our users have posted a total of 168288 messages in 11143 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Use of redcell

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 am

How large are the pellets Rom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:06 am

fieldwalker wrote:
How large are the pellets Rom?

They are just a little bigger than rabbit pellets. A couple are maybe to long, nothing a squeeze won't fix. They loved it well enough. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:09 am

Will a pigeon eat them...or are they like pony cubes...need to be layers pellet size....
Just looked online aprox£50 a tub 1.8 kg
Think the liquid is easier to use and not overdose...plus more economical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:35 am

I like them FW. Little bit easier than messing with brewers yeast to soak it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 am

Wow. Yeah, the liquid would definitely be cheaper for you. Must be a little alot cheaper here for some reason. As far as overdosing, I can see that happening easily. With the liquid you know you get a more even dose. I tell you what $ here....flax seed! 50 bucks for a twenty five pound sack. More expensive than bacon a pound. I picked up 600 lbs of feed when we attended the club meeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:44 am

Think i got 20k bag for less than £20 last a long time for pigeons a full season for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 am

I doubt I wil use much, except for moult. Our pigeon mix may be a little rich anyway. The guys still cut in 50% barley when flying the western open. I did give them a tablespoon of 12 12 mineral supplement tonight. They ate it immediately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 am

Iv not used redcell before but am going to try it...wont be with brewers yeast it will be either via the fountain or light covrring on corn...i dunno yet im still waiting of a delivery...free post and packing so take awhile longer...
Will be hete by the 10th...they said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 am

Im on iphone my thick fingers keep hitting wrong keys lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 am

Anything you have need of shipping pigeon related is expensive as hell here. I was going to order some aluminum sputniks instead of building my own, but the shipping was more than the sputs confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 am

Hhmm well im sure you could make some in your work shop Rom or design something that works just as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 am

I built these out of scrap FW. I'm cheap lol! there is a fold down landing board that covers the traps. Just covered by snow in the picture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 am

Nothing wrong with that Rom Smile
F#####g police helicopter flying around my house...no not looking for me lol
Noisy though with low cloud
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:24 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Nothing wrong with that Rom Smile
F#####g police helicopter flying around my house...no not looking for me lol
Noisy though with low cloud

Quick! ! Hide in the loft lol! lol! we had choppers all over us this summer with the forest fires. It got old quick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:29 am

Cant hide in the loft heat sensors...hide in a crowd lol...Im innocent. I think Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:14 am

Romedius wrote:
Anything you have need of shipping pigeon related is expensive as hell here.  I was going to order some aluminum sputniks instead of building my own, but the shipping was more than the sputs confused
Sputnicks are easy to build Rom Smile Smile Unless Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! your a brick layer hobbist type etc Wink Wink. Mine all fell off a truck type of thing Smile Smile Bases are steel beds  etc for strength & the tops are all double glazed windows off a commercial building site. P*ssed off having to buy a wee bit of wire thou at the end here Smile Smile but by a strange chance/coinsidence, that just come out of the food money some how Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now Rom Wink Wink Buying bulk is the only way to go as such as you did at your meeting. Rabbit pellets have a place in a pigeon loft Wink Wink if you forget the rabbit on the bag as such & last but not least, did you come away happy after your 1st meeting, meeting your new club mates & also  bounce  bounce  did you by chance, find out about the secrets of eye sign Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile  Smile.   cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:30 am

I meant to ask Rom about the meeting...but he disappeared after I mentioned the copper chopper ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:27 am

fieldwalker wrote:
I meant to ask Rom about the meeting...but he disappeared after I mentioned the copper chopper ????
Could just be those wanted list's that are still pending there FW Smile Smile for all cattle rustler types  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  lol!  lol!  lol!  & their close families type of thing Wink Wink.

Last edited by Knackered on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 am

Romedius wrote:

I built these out of scrap FW.  I'm cheap lol!   there is a fold down landing board that covers the traps.  Just covered by snow in the picture
Great little photo Rom Smile Smile Handy being handy with the tools etc Wink Wink Sputnick's & flights on a race loft as such "I have both" are great little tools to have bounce bounce if one is looking to give ones birds that feel good moment etc from my perspective Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
Anything you have need of shipping pigeon related is expensive as hell here.  I was going to order some aluminum sputniks instead of building my own, but the shipping was more than the sputs confused
Sputnicks are easy to build Rom Smile Smile Unless Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! your a brick layer hobbist type etc Wink Wink. Mine all fell off a truck type of thing Smile Smile Bases are steel beds  etc for strength & the tops are all double glazed windows off a commercial building site. P*ssed off having to buy a wee bit of wire thou at the end here Smile Smile but by a strange chance/coinsidence, that just come out of the food money some how Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now Rom Wink Wink Buying bulk is the only way to go as such as you did at your meeting. Rabbit pellets have a place in a pigeon loft Wink Wink if you forget the rabbit on the bag as such & last but not least, did you come away happy after your 1st meeting, meeting your new club mates & also  bounce  bounce  did you by chance, find out about the secrets of eye sign Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile  Smile.   cheers

I had a productive first meeting knackered. Racing will get a little bit expensive as I'm going to have to take the Fridays that I race off. That is the only way to get my birds to basketing. The president of our club is going to give me some one on one eye tutorials. He gives speeches for the digest magazine. Told me not to worry about eye sign for now. He offered to let me borrow some of his expensive old birds (if my loft is secure), but I may end up having to put up an electric fence in a couple months. The bears will be awake in late April-early May. Evil or Very Mad so now I've got to get moving on the YB loft. Problem is......ground is frozen 3 feet. I may have to break out the jack hammer to get the posts set. I will put those white birds in a smaller loft of their own. No more white privilege lol!

Noonkester wasn't at the meeting knackered. I really wanted to pick hus brain too. I guess he runs a large ranching outfit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:22 pm

fieldwalker wrote:

I got paranoid FW! lol! Decided I had better head for covet lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:19 pm

lol! never got back to sleep after that...noisy bleeping thing,will have been someone upto no good...
Ned Kelly types.... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 am

Romedius wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:

I  had a productive first meeting knackered.  Racing will get a little bit expensive as I'm going to have to take  the Fridays that I race off.  That is the only way to get my birds to basketing.  The president of our club is going to give me some one on one eye tutorials.  He gives speeches for the digest magazine.  Told me not to worry about eye sign for now.  He offered to let me borrow some of his expensive old birds (if my loft is secure),  but I may end up having to put up an electric fence in a couple months.  The bears will be awake in late April-early May. Evil or Very Mad    so now I've got to get moving on the YB loft.  Problem is......ground is frozen 3 feet. I may have to break out the jack hammer to get the posts set.   I will put those white birds in a smaller loft of their own.  No more white privilege lol!

Noonkester wasn't at the meeting knackered.   I really wanted to pick hus brain too.  I guess he runs a large ranching outfit
Good stuff Rom Smile Smile Bummer  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes about the Friday bit etc. Still   bounce  bounce with an electric clocking system like Benzing there Wink Wink you can work Saturday & Sunday just to make up for it as such. Also lol! lol! lol! you can stick that Bear bit, right up you know where Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile as I'm a skippy type of guy Smile Smile. Also, pity you missed Noonkester, but when you do meet him bounce bounce just give him a kiss & a hug so to speak lol! lol! lol! from a big skippy fan of his from down under Wink Wink. Now Rom, interest/knowledge/curious factor  Wink  Wink do you all present clocks on race day there or do you use some thing like what we here call Benzing live etc which some flyers now use, which allows then to send their times into a main computor/control for the results as such &  not have to present a clock to get a result. Waffle finished Smile Smile but with you having your first meeting there, one
less/small step on a long journey hopefully, one could say Smile Smile.   cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 am

Bears!!! Skippy!!! Best i can offer Fox at the base of the bird feeder front garden 0300 looks like she has a belly full of cubs soon to pop...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 am

Everybody uses benzig live here. It will make things a bit easier I believe. Jenner stopped by tonight. We are talking about doing a one race loft for pigeons or something else. I'm going to call Noonkester this weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use of redcell   

Back to top Go down

Use of redcell
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: