Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
Does it really matter Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:18 pm

» Weather today
Does it really matter Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:16 pm

» Good Morning
Does it really matter Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:15 pm

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Does it really matter Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Does it really matter Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
Does it really matter Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Does it really matter Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Does it really matter Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Does it really matter Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Does it really matter 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Does it really matter Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Does it really matter Vote_lcapDoes it really matter Voting_barDoes it really matter Vote_rcap 
David
Does it really matter Vote_lcapDoes it really matter Voting_barDoes it really matter Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1296 registered users
    The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222408 messages in 13991 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    Does it really matter Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    Does it really matter Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

Does it really matter

Go down 
    +4
    Knackered
    halcanada
    David
    markevans
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage
    markevans
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    markevans

Does it really matter Empty
    PostSubject: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Over the years I've heard of fanciers paying more attention to the fall of down feathers or getting the breast clear of scale and saying if the birds feet are warm that will be the winner on Saturday and these fanciers never win as for myself I've had all these things at one time or another and the birds been behind and birds with none of these minutes in front so does it matter at all
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:35 pm

I don't think it does mark, maybe half the birds in the paniers might have warm feet, and the owners thinking its going to make their bird win......they cant all win.

I think a lot of "theories" are rubbish, feed them correctly, train them correctly and race them, that's all you can do.......
    Back to top Go down
    halcanada
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 am

Wish I had a dollar for every theory I have read. Would not need a Nigerian banker widow to send me a million. Pigeons go to nest. They hatch a round. Then they drop some down feathers. 2nd sitting hormones kick in. They drop a flight. Then they are ready for whatever is ahead.
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:44 am

markevans wrote:
    Over the years I've heard of fanciers paying more attention to the fall of down feathers or getting the breast clear of scale and saying if the birds feet are warm that will be the winner on Saturday  and these fanciers never win as for myself I've had all these things at one time or another and the  birds been behind and birds with none of these minutes in front so does it matter at all
    An honest appraisal from perspective Mark Smile Smile. Spin & bling has it's place thou I would suggest, even though sadly certain people get side tracked by it unfortunately from the main game & it's basic requirements. A forum such as this Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would be a rather boring place without the spin & bling/waffle types & one would never wish to spend the entire time as such, just looking at eyes as an example  Smile  Smile. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    fieldwalker
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 9:26 am

normal service will be resumed in a few weeks time when it gets a bit more busy uk.
    when its theory hibernation again and lists and lists of results and '' well done alls''
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 9:32 am

winners come in all shapes and sizes yet we are all after the perfect specimens ...I am convinced the good birds win despite what we do with them regards systems and feeding
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:12 pm

can good birds be wasted by in competent fanciers...?

can average pigeons win out of turn by good fanciers...?
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:17 pm

The saying goes you can buy the pigeon but you carnt buy the fancier so yes good pigeons could be wasted in the wrong hands
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

good birds will and do win in the wrong hands but not as much as they should jmo
    Back to top Go down
    markevans
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    markevans

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Yes I think good pigeons do get wasted by average fanciers all the time but average pigeons never win out of turn a good fancier can make good pigeon better but a bad one will always be a bad one no matter how hard you try
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 pm

friendsloft wrote:
    The saying goes you can buy the pigeon but you carnt buy the fancier so yes good pigeons could be wasted in the wrong hands
    Ken

Will agree 100% Ken
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter   Does it really matter Empty

Back to top Go down

Does it really matter
    Page 1 of 1