Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
Declining membership. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:05 pm

» Weather today
Declining membership. Emptyby oldstrain Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
Declining membership. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Declining membership. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Declining membership. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Declining membership. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Declining membership. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Declining membership. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Declining membership. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Declining membership. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 85 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 84 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Declining membership. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Declining membership. Vote_lcapDeclining membership. Voting_barDeclining membership. Vote_rcap 
David
Declining membership. Vote_lcapDeclining membership. Voting_barDeclining membership. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221956 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Declining membership. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Declining membership. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Declining membership.

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
fieldwalker
cowandchicken
halcanada
8 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Declining membership. Empty
PostSubject: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 1:41 am

Is that a problem in the UK? Is here. Many clubs are now putting stickers on their vehicles and renting highway signs. Seems to be working.
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 am

Each year the clubs in our area lose a member or two due to age or health and still they wont all join together to make one decent size club, Sad too stubborn. Not seen a new member come into the sport in the last 5 years but seen plenty leave so yea it is a problem I would say Hal.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 am

Same here doesnt seem that long ago the club had over 40 members sending over 1200 birds to the early yb races.
now half the members about half the birdage, no new members and old ones going the way of all old things Crying or Very sad
less than 10 year it will be more than halved again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 am

definitely on the downward spiral in each of the local organisations north, south, fed and combine I was the last new member in 2010
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Same here doesnt seem that long ago the club had over 40 members sending over 1200 birds to the early yb races.
now half the members about half the birdage, no new members and old ones going the way of all old things Crying or Very sad
less than 10 year it will be more than halved again Crying or Very sad
Same here FW Smile Smile unfortunately  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad. Centre in my home town (5 minute drive) once had 100 flyers & sent 3500 birds away on a good day etc. Like a morgue now  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes & lucky to send 500 birds away on a good day. Hard part about now is here, 15/20 flyers have to cover all running costs
($4/5000) which a 100 flyers did in the old days as such.  cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 am

I rejoined our club around 6 - 7 years ago, and in that time theres been 4 new members, and one only stayed there one season and left....
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 3:44 pm

A local club has been struggling on with only 3/4 members for the last couple of years, now one has finished another not racing so the club folded, we are opening our boundaries so we can fit the remaining 2 members in our club, and hopefully there is another one who has shown an interest , our club for this year could be up to 12/14 members, could be things are on the up in our area Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Lofty wrote:
A local club has been struggling on with only 3/4 members for the last couple of years, now one has finished another not racing so the club folded, we are opening our boundaries so we can fit the remaining 2 members in our club, and hopefully there is another one who has shown an interest , our club for this year could be up to 12/14 members, could be things are on the up in our area Very Happy

This is not a dig at Loftys club but my general thoughts.
It should never get to clubs folding before others offer to open boundaries to take members left out in the wilderness.
Stubborn grumpy old men with grudges and stuck in there ways is what's killing the sport.
I am trying to get people from our 3 clubs around a table to talk about the future and how we could move forward as one.
Its harder than negotiating a brexit deal as too many are happy in there own little bubble and don't give a dam about what they
leave the younger members. I am alright jack Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 pm

its a no brainer m8 unless areas of multiple clubs join together its game over but as you say they are safe in their bubble and probably dominating the opposition in their own clubs ...look at the sales of ybs a lot claiming this and that with their birds when in fact they are in very small clubs and have a good drop Smile some even move house for a favourable drop Razz most fanciers are selfish and only think about their time in racing pigeons ...sad but true
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:31 pm

Cheers Darren wish more had a more open mind like ourselves.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 12:27 am

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 am

oldstrain wrote:
its a no brainer m8 unless areas of multiple clubs join together its game over but as you say they are safe in their bubble and probably dominating the opposition in their own clubs ...look at the sales of ybs a lot claiming this and that with their birds when in fact they are in very small clubs and have a good drop Smile some even move house for a favourable drop Razz most fanciers are selfish and only think about their time in racing pigeons ...sad but true
Smile Smile Move house Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Never, never never Wink Wink. But bounce bounce I once had a Vet Wink Wink  within spitting distance to me here (next suburb) got the itch. BAD Wink Wink to move on more than one occasion as such   lol! lol! lol! but had nothing to do with pigeons Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:15 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
Smile Smile Move house Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Never, never never Wink Wink. But bounce bounce I once had a Vet Wink Wink  within spitting distance to me here (next suburb) got the itch. BAD Wink Wink to move on more than one occasion as such   lol! lol! lol! but had nothing to do with pigeons Smile Smile. cheers

was it anything to do with you knackered........??? Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 am

Probably the vet would not buy him a beer....
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:26 am

David wrote:
Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

was it anything to do with you knackered........???  Razz Razz lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! Could be Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Once had 20 members within spitting distance here David Smile Smile. All gone now, except for 2 old pigeon tragics Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad who both dream of the past good times etc.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:35 am

halcanada wrote:
Don't worry about me Hal Wink Wink My local Vet here, has the reputiation of not even buying a dying man a drink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of any sort, even on his death bed etc Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:36 am

The avatar of the mealy hen was also on my other avatar. Past glories but this year no mercy. Was 78 yesterday and only have about another 25 to go so have to make a statement. I ignored birthdays for many years. Reason being, did not think about getting older so niether would my body. But the body remembers unfortunately!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 2:58 am

Happy Birthday Hal Smile be a fire hazard that many candles Wink hope you had a good day
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 5:05 am

Knackered wrote:
halcanada wrote:
Don't worry about me Hal Wink Wink My local Vet here, has the reputiation of not even buying a dying man a drink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of any sort, even on his death bed etc Wink Wink.
lol! lol! lol! :lol!:It would cost me 1200 dollars just to get my birds in the clinic door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Declining membership.   Declining membership. Empty

Back to top Go down

Declining membership.
Page 1 of 1