Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Pigeon sprays
by fieldwalker Today at 6:50 pm

» Weather today
by markevans Today at 6:46 pm

» First YB of 2018
by markevans Today at 6:43 pm

» What are you feeding your birds
by markevans Today at 6:39 pm

» Bamfords mix
by markevans Today at 6:36 pm

» Mnfc one loft race
by Don Webb Today at 12:56 pm

» First ybs..here we go
by fieldwalker Yesterday at 4:22 pm

» just got Facebook
by fieldwalker Yesterday at 1:17 pm

» Busy today.
by halcanada Yesterday at 12:55 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, Briant, David, fieldwalker, jet2013uk, johnnorm2, markevans

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

fieldwalker

Knackered

halcanada

markevans

oldstrain

jet2013uk

redrog

Boosey

peel bros

Statistics
We have 1120 registered users
The newest registered user is Eleanor

Our users have posted a total of 162851 messages in 10766 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Your most expensive pigeon.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:09 am

Did it breed winners?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 am

halcanada wrote:
Did it breed winners?
$300 for me Hal Smile Smile bought 4 for $1000 etc around 25 years ago. Picked them out a loft of 250 odd birds. Planet Brothers, Vanloon/Jansan. All bred half decent birds "all cocks" but the odd thing was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the cheapy one $150 Wildermeersh cock down from the Clack hen of Bertie Fletchers (10,000 pound it cost him, a hen) & a out & out sprint type. Bred me distance type birds here & birds placed in our National type races also of 400 odd miles, along with birds to fly 600 odd miles. Memory is going on me here Hal unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad have a picture in my head here of 3 out of the 4 cocks as such & for the life of me bounce bounce  I just carn't remember the 4th one Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink  Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:56 am

You must have found uncle neds stash... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 am

Wouldn't like to say, The wife looks in occasionally Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 am

bought a few for £100 each, don't know if they are any good though........ lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 am

soon find out if you get to race the offspring Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 am

Brought quite a few over the years for £250 each in my foolish days never again not a pigeon bee born this worth more than £25
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 am

£280 taylor bros newbigging...hagen gbr
Find out in a couple of years if worth it...:/
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
barnie
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:43 am

20 yrs ago, £120 Louella Braspenning hen.......turned out to be a cock so never got bred off that year, packed up pigeons the following year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 am

markevans wrote:
Brought quite a few over the years for £250 each in my foolish days never again not a pigeon bee born this worth more than £25

I suppose it depends what there worth to you the buyer. I have friends who think nothing of spending £1000 on a bird and also know men who wouldn't buy a pigeon. They all win as much as each other so cost is no real reflection of the true value of a pigeon only relative to the buyer and seller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 pm

find out soon enough lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm

1994 when to a sale in Halesowen done by Ken Homer for Mr and Mrs Pyatt of Kings Lynn I brought 3 Albert Marcelis 1 Cock and 2 Hens they cost me just over £1,000 after 3 years breeding all they bred was 1x1st and 1x4th

The best pigeon I ever had was brought in 1987 a Dark Stuitabault from a fancier called Dennis Duffy of Bilston who donated it to a sale to help a family that lost everything to a house fire and it was away off helping them.

This hen was a crap racer take all day to fly frome and wincanton then night out when at weymouth never on the clock never in the first 3 to the lost always behind at the end of the season was sorting out cocks and hens what we wanted to keep and we was a few hens short so me and dad said we will keep her but just use her as a widowhood hen

But we let her lay forgot about her and she chipped so dad rang the pair we breed 4 from her come racing 3 were left at the end off the racing season the 3 youngsters were prizewinners massive shock Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

In the end this hen breed 6 different generations of prizewinners, Worcester Fed Championship Winner, 2 x2nd Worcester Fed winners between 8 to 10,000 pigeons and loads off fed prizewinners in the top 20
And pigeons to win either 1,2,3,4,5,6th club and club averages but the really funny part about it was she only cost £5 best £5 that I ever spent lol! lol! lol!

She was placed in a eyesign class at the NEC Old Commrades Show and was awarded Reserved and that was the reason why I like eyesign so much because she had a great Green Eye and the pigeons she was paired to were nothing special but were still able to produce winners study study study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 pm

interesting post don, thanks for posting......it just goes to show, expensive pigeons are not always good pigeons, sometimes freebies turn out the best ones........

not always the case tho` eh, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm

once it clicks (eyes) your seldom wrong its replicating them thats the hardest part,most expensive birds are the
super pedigree birds, just look at leo hermans bolt....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 am

fieldwalker wrote:
You must have found uncle neds stash... lol!
I did FW Smile Smile Me & my other half Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes jumped on a flying kangaroo here for a 4 1/2 Trip one way etc for a holiday Wink Wink at least that's what she first thought. After 2 weeks of having a great time there Smile Smile the day before we left to come home, I said I wanted some free time as I had some shopping to do & gave her the impression, I may just bring a gift back for her. I did Wink Wink as I promised at the time lol! lol! lol! it was 4 pigeons in a box bounce bounce Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & to say her holiday mood changed Big Big time, would be an understatement  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 am

Yeah i bet....they can be so ungrateful at times
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 am

fieldwalker wrote:
once it clicks (eyes) your seldom wrong its replicating them thats the hardest part,most expensive birds are the
super pedigree birds, just look at leo hermans bolt....
One never quite knows with pigeons FW Smile Smile I've found. That holiday of mine Wink Wink where I was so generous in buying a must have present for my other half etc showed me once again that it is so as such. I handled 2 pigeons there, few here had handled that set pigeon men talking down here because of the results they were churning out type of thing at the time. Both Planet Brothers pigeons, which cost a small fortune for the new owner. GB 88 37624 & GB 88 81601 for what I remember Wink Wink. In the hand, one was quite nice Smile Smile the other one thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! was an absolute dog of a pigeon in the hand. Street pecker type Smile Smile I kid you not & too say I was disappointed would be an understatement Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Didn't bother at the time there, looking at their eyes Wink Wink so just perhapes I may have missed some thing, maybe SmileSmile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most expensive pigeon.   

Back to top Go down

Your most expensive pigeon.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: