Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:53 pm

» new hen for speed
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Seperating pigeons. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Seperating pigeons. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 86 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 84 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Seperating pigeons. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Seperating pigeons. Vote_lcapSeperating pigeons. Voting_barSeperating pigeons. Vote_rcap 
David
Seperating pigeons. Vote_lcapSeperating pigeons. Voting_barSeperating pigeons. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221960 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Seperating pigeons. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Seperating pigeons. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Seperating pigeons.

Go down 
+2
Knackered
halcanada
6 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Seperating pigeons. Empty
PostSubject: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 am

Read a post from Mark little while ago. Said he never seperated race birds. I tried that many years ago. But they laid like chickens. Would be easier not to seperate next year. One less loft to look after.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 5:29 am

halcanada wrote:
Read a post from Mark little while ago. Said he never seperated race birds. I tried that many years ago. But they laid like chickens. Would be easier not to seperate next year. One less loft to look after.
Mine are all seperated here Hal Smile Smile hens still lay thou like chickens etc. Walk in my race loft Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & it's wall to wall eggs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes all on the floor in the deep litter Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 am

Do you bother to keep them from laying with those wooden eggs knackered? I was wondering if I should use them on my white birds to keep from laying?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 am

Romedius wrote:
Do you bother to keep them from laying with those wooden eggs knackered?   I was wondering if I should use them on my white birds to keep from laying?
No "wood eggs" I'm a cheap skate Rom SmileSmile just let them sit as such & when they get bored they just leave them etc. Cycle to cycle will be 30/35 days here & for me much better than throwing them out type of thing all the time. Have the odd cock sneak in at times between the sections, but he quickly get a good foot up the a**e so to speak Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 am

ive not separated some times, and eventually they stop laying, just turn the bowls over and close the nest boxes..........and lighten the food.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 12:17 pm

always separate here ...separated earlier last year than usual(end of august) and birds had a better moult or so it seemed
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
Do you bother to keep them from laying with those wooden eggs knackered?   I was wondering if I should use them on my white birds to keep from laying?
No "wood eggs" I'm a cheap skate Rom SmileSmile just let them sit as such & when they get bored they just leave them etc. Cycle to cycle will be 30/35 days here & for me much better than throwing them out type of thing all the time. Have the odd cock sneak in at times between the sections, but he quickly get a good foot up the a**e so to speak Wink Wink. cheers

Thanks knackered cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 1:41 pm

Haven't separated the race birds again this last closed season and they all look quite happy together as Darren said they do moult a lot quicker separated and the odd one or two are just finishing their last flight but all will be well next month
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seperating pigeons.   Seperating pigeons. Empty

Back to top Go down

Seperating pigeons.
Page 1 of 1