Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:26 am

» Good Morning
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:21 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:07 am

» overnight and multiple nights basket
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:37 am

» RPRA Auction
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 73 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered, tanveerhbaig

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
Knackered
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Vote_lcapWhat are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Voting_barWhat are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
tanveerhbaig
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Vote_lcapWhat are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Voting_barWhat are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
George & Morgan
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221846 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What are you feeding your birds

Go down 
+6
fieldwalker
redrog
jet2013uk
oldstrain
markevans
blueskylofts
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:07 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
be good for night fliers dont see many rabbits with glasses....well maybe in oz rabbit rabbit
Could just be the secret FW Smile Smile "carrots". Plenty of night flyer types down here etc Wink Wink over the years. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 pm

plenty ppl feed carrots, tried it years ago but never got them to eat any No
gave up trying they just went discoloured in the tray and muck collectors
might already be in the pellets.....iv not opened the box they came in yet
il take to the loft tomorrow and see what they think of them rabbit rabbit
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
plenty ppl feed carrots, tried it years ago but never got them to eat any No
gave up trying they just went discoloured in the tray and muck collectors
might already be in the pellets.....iv not opened the box they came in yet
il take to the loft tomorrow and see what they think of them rabbit rabbit
Should have tried carrot juice etc Wink Wink maybe. Glass for you as such & a glass for your pigeons. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm

are these rabbit pellets expensive, or cheaper than pigeon pellets fieldy...?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 am

David wrote:
are these rabbit pellets expensive, or cheaper than pigeon pellets fieldy...?
Nearly, double the price of the normal type chicken pellet down here David, but about the same price as pigeon pellets etc. Me being me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink I will just keep it a secret here, what I tend to feed Smile Smile.  Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sussed out a new grain store here today. Mind boggling the different type pellets they had there if one wished to buy as such. Name an animal/bird Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & they had a special pellet there which you could buy/use. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 am

a secret weapon knackeroo....... Suspect Suspect

warburtons thick cut springs to mind....... Razz Razz Razz flower lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am

Abit more expensive with p&p but im not going to be using loads of them..
The ones i was told to try are smaller than other rabbit pellets so easier to get them eating them...
I hope
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Abit more expensive with p&p but im not going to be using loads of them..
The ones i was told to try are smaller than other rabbit pellets so easier to get them eating them...
I hope
Seen much the same here today at the grain store FW Smile Smile. 1/3 the size of the normal rabbit pellet etc, which would make them more appealing to the pigeons I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Well the ybs eat them ok but the obs are thinking...what the flip...is he feeding us now scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
Well the ybs eat them ok but the obs are thinking...what the flip...is he feeding us now scratch

same as they do with "pigeon pellets" fieldy, ive found they take a while to get used to them, just give a small % of them mixed with other corn at first, gradually increasing it......

that's if they are not normally in their every day diet....
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm

best time to get yer birds used to anything new in the feed is over the winter before breeding commences its no good giving new things on the eve of hatching they will leave it
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 pm

aye they didnt like groats much but they do now...handful in the tray soon go now
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:33 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
aye they didnt like groats much but they do now...handful in the tray soon go now
Many moons ago here FW Smile Smile I used to make a porridge from groats, linseed & a few other goodies etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Youngsters grew like chooks in the nest & the strange thing was bounce bounce I bred a multitude of 11 flyted babies back then. So much so, it become embarrassing to the extremes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:47 pm

sounds like the old speed cake knackeroo bounce bounce
my grandfatha (see avatar) used to make...mind my gran wasnt over happy about it.
eggs...sherry...seeds...crushed digestives groats..rice i forget the rest be 40 odd year ago.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
sounds like the old speed cake knackeroo bounce bounce
my grandfatha (see avatar) used to make...mind my gran wasnt over happy about it.
eggs...sherry...seeds...crushed digestives groats..rice i forget the rest be 40 odd year ago.
lol! lol! lol! Absolute mess all round it was FW lol! lol! lol! other half here was the same Wink Wink babies looked absolute sh*te  lol!  lol!  lol! along with mum & dad etc bounce bounce but the end result was well worth the effort as such.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Heard of many recipes for pigeon feed enhancers. My daughter in law is visiting next week. She is bringing me an ounce or two of hemp seed. To grow plants from. Some are apparently 'High test'. Some are less potent with different properties. She is well versed in making Cannabis oil and cookies with marajuana in it. Cookies. Will experiment, see how the birds react. Made from the leaves of the plant. Buds are for smoking and mine never picked up the habit. Possibilities are endless! Pigeons attacking hawks? Cats? Maybe flying in circles for hours. Interesting!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN5HOMgZL-U
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 4:27 am

They will just go to sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 pm

will put my ybs on Gerry plus when they are going out........hope to get them flying well, had problems in the past with them being lazy Razz Razz

a bit like me eh lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 11:54 pm

I wouldn't dream of saying that David lol!
I like mine to stay on the bottom for quite a while untill they have abit more sense.
With going on the dark il have them on a breed n wean untill i take them off the dark end of June plenty linseed also.
Il race on gerry plus or similar
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 am

will you race the full yb program on Gerry plus fw, or add heavier corn as the distance gets further...?

I never force my ybs up to fly, I try to keep them down for as long as I can, giving them plenty of time to get accustomed to the surrounds ....
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 12:22 pm

No once they go on the race mix they stay on it maybe a few peas mid week if i think they need it.
Mine always exercise well range even after a few races (kiss of death will go like crows now).
Longest yb is only 270 mark
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 pm

ah right, so you would more or less keep them on Gerry plus the full yb season ...? do you think there will be enough in it , protein, carbs etc as the distance gets further...?
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah but they still get pellets on a morning with tk seed
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm

The last two weeks mine have been on 1/3 premier gold 1/3 multi task both by bamfords and 1/3 four seasons by natural birds like the mix handle well and flying OK on it
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 am

I doubt if it matters what you feed your pigeons. Basic cheap mix is as good as anything. Long distance add more carbs. Short distance go the other way. Love of home and health win races.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding your birds
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next