Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Longest Day....
by redrog Today at 10:28 am

» Weather today
by redrog Today at 10:26 am

» Well worth reading.
by MISTY Today at 10:08 am

» Training directions
by halcanada Yesterday at 1:33 pm

» Numbers game?
by MISTY Yesterday at 9:49 am

» channel race
by jet2013uk Yesterday at 9:27 am

» YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???
by halcanada Yesterday at 1:58 am

» York Road & District Flying Club
by David Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm

» Worst season ever
by Boosey Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
Knackered

oldstrain

David

MISTY

halcanada

redrog

Boosey

peel bros

barnie

fieldwalker

Statistics
We have 1136 registered users
The newest registered user is Romedius2

Our users have posted a total of 167867 messages in 11118 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Lazy mans darkening system.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Lazy mans darkening system.   Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 am

Will do it this year. Have early ones. Moved over, regular daylight. Leave as is. June 15 th to 21st put lights on for 18 hours. Until end of young bird racing. No issues with ventilation. Last young bird races they will have not dropped more than 3 first flights. Proven method over here for a few. Most go the other way. Regular darkening with all its potential draw backs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:57 am

Pity couldnt do that here...no electricity at most allotment sites and im not interested in yb racing but going on the dark so i can send to the full program naturals just get bullied in the race pannier and struggle to keep up in the races...maybe fly themselves out trying...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:54 am

tried it worked ok some ybs carried nest flights until following year...friend breeds late and puts lights on seems to do ok but find darkening the loft until early june and gradually increasing light and eventually extending the light works best ...on all variations some ybs moult differently ...good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm

so is this what they call the light system then hal....?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 pm

oldstrain wrote:
tried it worked ok some ybs carried nest flights until following year...friend breeds late and puts lights on seems to do ok but find darkening the loft until early june and gradually increasing light and eventually extending the light works best ...on all variations some ybs moult differently ...good luck
Strange that O/S Wink Wink I suggest. The variation/different bit etc Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 am

All systems work. Heavy discusion about widowhood etc on a Face book page. Here is one comment that I liked.
"De Nou VanDe Yang My 1st year racing old bird 2017 and I’ve won 1st average speed short, long, and overall. 1st champion bird, 2nd Champion loft cause I only flew average of 20 birds compare to guys who sends 100 to a race. All done with yearlings. I flew all system. Widowhood, natural, no mate, raise a round, don’t raise any youngs, yes I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m winning. I would say it doesn’t matter what system. Just need good healthy pigeons and fly them all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 am

halcanada wrote:
All systems work. Heavy discusion about widowhood etc on a Face book page. Here is one comment that I liked.
"De Nou VanDe Yang My 1st year racing old bird 2017 and I’ve won 1st average speed short, long, and overall. 1st champion bird, 2nd Champion loft cause I only flew average of 20 birds compare to guys who sends 100 to a race. All done with yearlings. I flew all system. Widowhood, natural, no mate, raise a round, don’t raise any youngs, yes I don’t know what I’m doing but I’m winning. I would say it doesn’t matter what system. Just need good healthy pigeons and fly them all."
True Wink Wink simple equation etc I would suggest Hal Smile Smile but for some strange reason Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes many seem to make a complete hash of the whole affair now I'm affraid these days bounce bounce including myself Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 am

good pigeons kept content ,fit and well will succeed on any system ....that's why roundabout,widow natural celibate jealousy pairing hens etc etc...all have success, you cant go to work without the tools but some use the tools better than others Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazy mans darkening system.   

Back to top Go down

Lazy mans darkening system.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: