Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
by David Today at 9:12 am

» y/b darkness
by oldstrain Today at 7:10 am

» Couldn't be true !!!.
by Knackered Today at 5:36 am

» Over breeding.
by Knackered Today at 5:13 am

» Grandparents
by FlyAwayHome Today at 3:40 am

» How far ahead?
by halcanada Today at 2:06 am

» Still Free!
by halcanada Yesterday at 11:21 pm

» Training starts tomorrow.
by halcanada Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» The Raptor Alliance
by MISTY Yesterday at 10:15 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 2 Bots

Briant, caramel, David, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Knackered

peel bros

oldstrain

redrog

halcanada

MISTY

friendsloft

barnie

FlyAwayHome

Statistics
We have 1130 registered users
The newest registered user is zimmerman43

Our users have posted a total of 166459 messages in 11015 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

New antibiotic.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:42 am

For humans right now but who knows? Or may be birds/animals already do?
Problem. Loose crap. Belly ache, runs etc,. Fecal bacterial transplants were the norm. Now they are starting to use gel caps with the bacteria, cultured from good human crap, for the person to take. Apparently the success rate is very high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:19 am

'' NO SHIT'' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 am

fieldwalker wrote:
'' NO SHIT'' Very Happy
lol! lol! lol! Smile Smile that Geordie type talk I take etc  bounce bounce short & to the point Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 am

This will prove to be, long term, a load of CRAP.

There is only one way to deal permanently with any health problem and that is by building the immune system into play.

Many human illnesses have been brought under control by vaccination and immunisation but never actually eradicated because the odd case always crops up.

The use of antibiotics has resulted in them being unable to treat new problems that are arising, nature will always fight back, it has a monkey on it's back.

If you think YBS is a problem and the sport goes on in the present manner ????/

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:08 pm

spoke to a couple of members at our agm at the weekend, one of them is known for being filthy........he never cleans out his loft, never cleans his drinkers, and in fact the birds are lucky to have water......anyway he was preaching to another member about natural immune system, he says his birds have very good immune system and are never ill, this is contradicting the fact that only the other year his birds were dropping dead off the perches, anyway, I know there is a happy medium, there are those fanciers who clean out 3 times a day and still get illness........but surely keeping pigeons in 3ft of sh*te isn't good ....????
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I agree david but if yer happy walking in sh**e and strong smell of ammonia then crack on I agree theirs a happy medium ...once per day here for boxes and perches sand on the floors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:05 pm

he found it funny you had to stoop down to get in the loft, because the sh*te was so high.....and he wasn't joking either. No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
barnie
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:20 pm

We had a member like that, always preaching about the benefits of not cleaning out for years, natural resistance instead of just admitting he was a lazy ******* we used to joke it was only the weight of s*** in the loft that stopped it tipping backwards in the wind. Thing was he was always missing races because something up, sour crop, one eye cold, going light and always scrounging meds to treat pigeons. Always a problem when you're putting your birds in same race panniers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 pm

that's right colin, if your not going to look after them as best you can, you shouldn't have them.......I`m not the best of pigeon keepers, I scrape out alternate days, but they have fresh water every day, food every day, along with grit, minerals and vitamins / ropa b etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:27 pm

yeah they bang on about natural immunity...only thing there immune to is from a red card study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:20 pm

It is rather irrational and not too polite to put all people under certain circumstances who believe in the same thing in the same catagory, you can do a good thing in the wrong manner.

Firstly I won more red cards at both racing and showing than I could count and that was not why I kept my pigeons.

When showing all I did was clean the pigeons feet if had been in the mud and nothing else, they were in perfect condition all the year round, as anyone who visited the loft would confirm, if I borrowed a pigeon it went back in a better condition than when I received it as some studs would confirm.

A pigeons droppings are not in any way detrinmental to the pigeons health if controlled in a proper manner, a wild pigeons nest is full of dropping, piled up all round the nest, if this was detrimental then, as with many animals the parents would remove them.
My deep litter was sweet smelling with the lime drying it almost immediately and putting the feed onto the deep litter wasreplacing that which polishing removed.

You cannot add anything of benefit, but you could be removing it by polishing feed, a bird has more sense than most fanciers and if kept naturally retains it's abilities to decern the good from the bad, it is artificial means that have ruined many of the pigeons natural good elements both performance wise and health wise.

If one fancier behaves like a fool you are well out of order calssing all fanciers the same.

Ruin the immune system and you ruin that which is involved.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 pm

Just to clarify. The shit pills were formulated from healthy people. The bacteria derived from the crap was shown to kill the bad bacteria causing the problems. You win the battle with more good bacteria than bad. Used to be a common practise with animals. Feed back the after birth.
Deep litter does not mean deep shit. keep it dry, refresh it with lime, or DE or kitty litter, powdered clay like Stable Boy or similar. Back to shavings for me as straw tends to hold moisture. Winter time all frozen no problem. Today got a whiff of something so replaced most of the straw with shavings. There is no right or wrong way unless one goes to extremes. Whatever system is used, if it works for you do not change it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 am

fieldwalker wrote:
yeah they bang on about natural immunity...only thing there immune to is from a red card study
I'm quite happy to accept FW Smile Smile your thoughts as such bounce  bounce  as a throw away line/thought/comment etc Wink Wink here. The balance scenario thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes should tell one I suggest, that we should never go to the extremes with any system in play with our birds. Make a quote bounce bounce about what is normal or un-normal or what should be Smile Smile & the chances are, you will finish up with egg on your face lol! lol! lol! in this caper of ours I'm affraid at some stage, on average Wink Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New antibiotic.    

Back to top Go down

New antibiotic.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: