Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Social media. Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Social media. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
Social media. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
Social media. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Social media. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Social media. Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Social media. Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Social media. Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
Social media. Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Social media. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Social media. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Social media. Vote_lcapSocial media. Voting_barSocial media. Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Social media. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Social media. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Social media.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Social media.   Social media. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm

I did belong to many Facebook sites devoted to pigeons. Have cut out many last few months. Unfriended many fanciers, North America and Europe. Reason basically is constant advertising of Breeders selling birds, Auctions, One loft races, newest pigeon products for health, newest feed blends.
Posted about the SA scenario on one pigeon site. Pending approval. Deleted it. The admin had no intention of posting it. It could potentially hurt their export business to SA if people got worried. I figured potential shippers should be aware of the risk. Posted on my Facebook page. Then on a Facebook site Real Pigeon Talk (UK I think.) That site is linked to many pigeon sites and the posts show up. Did on mine also. Not crying wolf here. Lots of money to enter and ship to SA. I feel satisfied. Word is out. Could be nothing happens to the race at all. Hope not but Africa is not a stable country.
Wrote a novel about it 40 years ago. Time with Mad Mike and Black Jack Schram. 60,000 or so words typewriter. Rejected. Too graphic.
Oh well. Kept me busy for a while. Could not understand too graphic. Armed forces now a days go through much more. Enough said. Howling blizzard out side so not a long walk for the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 am

halcanada wrote:
I did belong to many Facebook sites devoted to pigeons. Have cut out many last few months. Unfriended many fanciers, North America and Europe. Reason basically is constant advertising of Breeders selling birds, Auctions, One loft races, newest pigeon products for health, newest feed blends.
Posted about the SA scenario on one pigeon site. Pending approval. Deleted it. The admin had no intention of posting it. It could potentially hurt their export business to SA if people got worried. I figured potential shippers should be aware of the risk. Posted on my Facebook page. Then on a Facebook site Real Pigeon Talk (UK I think.)  That site is linked to many pigeon sites and the posts show up. Did on mine also. Not crying wolf here. Lots of money to enter and ship to SA. I feel satisfied. Word is out. Could be nothing happens to the race at all. Hope not but Africa is not a stable country.
Wrote a novel about it 40 years ago. Time with Mad Mike and Black Jack Schram. 60,000 or so words typewriter. Rejected. Too graphic.
Oh well. Kept me busy for a while. Could not understand too graphic. Armed forces now a days go through much more. Enough said. Howling blizzard out side so not a long walk for the dogs.
Facebook/twitter or even  mobile phones Hal Smile Smile  I can do well without etc Wink Wink even electronic clocks lol! lol! lol!, I unfortunately at times Smile Smile get in trouble some what, just having the internet as such Smile Smile. Now, you mentioned the armed forces here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. A local walks down the street these days & snubs his toe on the paving & then wants a major big payout etc . The arm forces types go through utter sh*te/crap of the highest order for much of the time & then just moves on doing what they do without question. Crazy world Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 am

Unfortunately true. But that is society today and looks like the future also. Solution? Have another war nuke many. Nah, not really feasible.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 am

halcanada wrote:
Unfortunately true. But that is society today and looks like the future also. Solution? Have another war nuke many. Nah, not really feasible.
Maybe feasible, remember Hal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Trump, rules twitter lol! lol! lol! so it may be a possibility I suggest unfortunately Wink Wink. cheers That's it, my belly is starting to rumble here Smile Smile lunch time is calling.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 am

Supper is calling me. Take care now.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 am

im planning on deleting half of the "friends" on facebook, most are people I don't even know, and never speak to......all it does is clog up my notifications with things which have no interest to me, I think I will also delete half the groups I am in, ive already started doing this...... Razz Razz cheers study flower
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 10:19 am

Never been on Facebook although I did have membership but forgot password and everything else so never bothered.

Prefer face to face friends realy and more than enough to go round, you can then tell if they are too faced.

Beats me why the kids who are harming themselves through being attacked on the sites do not just give the perishing I pads a rest and start talking face to face.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 4:48 pm

just one example of "progress" im afraid..
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 6:58 pm

David wrote:
im planning on deleting half of the "friends" on facebook, most are people I don't even know, and never speak to......all it does is clog up my notifications with things which have no interest to me, I think I will also delete half the groups I am in, ive already started doing this...... Razz Razz cheers study flower

don't forget to delete your bible reading group...they wouldn't accept me study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
David wrote:

don't forget to delete your bible reading group...they wouldn't accept me study

your in with the other firm, where its hot............. cherry cherry cherry
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 7:01 pm

AYE have been all my life not changing now Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 9:56 pm

David, any true Christian would welcome you with open arms with the hope and faith that they could encourage you to contemplate the fact that you could be wrong in your understanding of life, it is no good just talking to those who have seen the light, it is their responsibility to spread the good word and not keep it to themselves.

There is one thing for certain, humans may be able to fool each other, other humans may listen to what they say, but you cannot fool God he knows exactly what is in ones heart.

I would never drop a friend who has an opposite opinion, if I thought I could in any way help to make matters better for him/her then that would be my aim.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 pm

I have no doubt there is some superior being misty, weather that is simply nature or something more, I don't know........I think all men / women hold this thought in their own minds and body, we dont need men to tell us what we should be thinking, can you seriously tell me, you believe what men have wrote in a book 2,000 years ago, come on.........how can you believe this race of people who consider them selves "special" , who interpret anything and everything to suit their agenda......to control us all.

I have my own ideas and beliefs, I don't need another man/men/woman, to tell me what and how I should think, we are brainwashed from birth, going through school, and throughout our lives to conform.....we are not slaves, we are not owned by anyone.

most of history and what we are told through the media, news papers and news programs are lies, most is propaganda and mind control........little wonder the jews call us gentiles goyim, they look upon us as cattle, unclean etc.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:35 am

David, there are numerous instances of predictions from 2,000 YEARS AGO that have been fullfilled.

There is no point in falling out over the matter, in such instances one has to beg to difffer.

All I would ask is that you keep an eye on the ensuing situation in the world and compare it with Bible prophersy.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am

David wrote:
I have no doubt there is some superior being misty, weather that is simply nature or something more, I don't know........I think all men / women hold this thought in their own minds and body, we dont need men to tell us what we should be thinking, can you seriously tell me, you believe what men have wrote in a book 2,000 years ago, come on.........how can you believe this race of people who consider them selves "special" , who interpret anything and everything to suit their agenda......to control us all.

I have my own ideas and beliefs, I don't need another man/men/woman, to tell me what and how I should think, we are brainwashed from birth, going through school, and throughout our lives to conform.....we are not slaves, we are not owned by anyone.

most of history and what we are told through the media, news papers and news programs are lies, most is propaganda and mind control........little wonder the jews call us gentiles goyim, they look upon us as cattle, unclean etc.
Same here David Smile Smile I may be dumb as horse sh*te  Wink Wink but I don't need some preacher type Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes telling me what I must believe in as such or how I should lead my life by their so called standards etc. I've raised 3 kids here who in different ways are a value to our society fortunately & none require to be told what is right or wrong as their parents thou of a atheist nature, taught them all what is acceptable & what is not Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am

I`m making start on deleting half of my "friends" on facebook today, to those I will remove, its nothing personal, I do not go on there to speak to people, merely to link it with this forum.......so by removing them will stop all the un wanted notifications which clutter up the page.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 10:16 am

David wrote:
I`m making  start on deleting half of my "friends" on facebook today, to those I will remove, its nothing personal, I do not go on there to speak to people, merely to link it with this forum.......so by removing them will stop all the un wanted notifications which clutter up the page.
Sounds OK David Smile Smile a bit of a circuit breaker here type of thing bounce bounce I would do the same etc Smile Smile but unfortunately lol! lol! lol! I don't have any friends as such Smile Smile. Good night at the races thou here, 2 winners, one dog I'm affraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes thou but still in with a chance in the last etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 10:26 am

good luck knackeroo, lets hope you can make it 3 winners....... cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 am

David wrote:
good luck knackeroo, lets hope you can make it 3 winners....... cheers
I've decided David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to bet my house on my last choice here. Southern Bolt it's called Smile Smile Have a feeling unfortunately it could be as slow as some of my pigeons as  such Smile Smile. cheers Damn, damn damn lol! lol! lol! there is my house gone unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes any body here bounce bounce got a free room, for a man & his pigeons as such  Smile  Smile.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 am

I don't have many to delete i don't add many in the first place..
Why i would add locals to me who i don't even speak to in the street...
Maybe i should be on anti-social site....
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am

ive had a few recent requests, but have deleted them........I don't know these people, nor do I want to, also the ones I`m about to delete were accepted when I first joined facebook, and didn't know any different.

over the year ive been a member ive had a few strange friend requests, but I think a lot of people just try to friend as many as they can to build up the count.

I did friend a strange fella in boldon colliery tyne and wear a couple of weeks ago........ Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Wonder if i know him Suspect
Maybe someone lost in asda store room...the biggest in the north..if not country...full of nocturnal artic drivers with yorkie accents.. Razz
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm

proper nut job he is............ Razz Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm

nah...must only be a visitor here scratch scratch scratch Razz
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 1:43 am

David wrote:
ive had a few recent requests, but have deleted them........I don't know these people, nor do I want to, also the ones I`m about to delete were accepted when I first joined facebook, and didn't know any different.

over the year ive been a member ive had a few strange friend requests, but I think a lot of people just try to friend as many as they can to build up the count.

I did friend a strange fella in boldon colliery tyne and wear a couple of weeks ago........ Suspect Suspect
Shock, horror Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes heard stories about the locals their David etc. A motley lot I suggest lol! lol! lol! so best to delete all of them as they are always complaining about the weather there for some strange reason as such  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Social media. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social media.   Social media. Empty

Back to top Go down

Social media.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next