Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Dead in Egg - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Dead in Egg - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Vote_lcapDead in Egg - Page 2 Voting_barDead in Egg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Vote_lcapDead in Egg - Page 2 Voting_barDead in Egg - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221952 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Dead in Egg - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Dead in Egg

Go down 
+6
markevans
Boosey
barnie
fieldwalker
oldstrain
blueskylofts
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Dead in Egg - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm

yes they can get up to all sorts ...about 10 days ago I noticed a yb had a few marks on its back and next visit to the loft I looked in the box and saw a chequer in the pan and thought it was mum at first but something was not right and looked again and it was not mum it was the cock from the box below also a chequer looking for another box as his hen was about to lay her 2nd batch the parents of the scathed yb were on the floor looking to nest again and could not see what was going on ,anyway the issue was settled with extra nest pans ...I suppose what I am saying is you can never relax and think all is tickety boo as usually this is the time you get bitten ...I hope the rest of yer breeding season fairs well
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 4:13 pm

[quote="oldstrain"]yes they can get up to all sorts ...about 10 days ago I noticed a yb had a few marks on its back and next visit to the loft I looked in the box and saw a chequer in the pan and thought it was mum at first but something was not right and looked again and it was not mum it was the cock from the box below also a chequer looking for another box as his hen was about to lay her 2nd batch the parents of the scathed yb were on the floor looking to nest again and could not see what was going on ,anyway the issue was settled with extra nest pans ...I suppose what I am saying is you can never relax and think all is tickety boo as usually this is the time you get bitten .I hope the rest of yer breeding season fairs well [/quot i hope im going to get a few birds from them before summer then i can let them out for a good fly about just hope they come back lol
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:08 pm

I don't seem to be getting any posts from this forum anymore.

It has been around 4 days now since I have had a message in my in-box saying I have a answer to any of my postings.

Can someone look into it for me please.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:17 pm

This is weird - we have just come back for giving the birds their evening meal and Hil found a dead 2 day old baby at the back of the nest bowl!

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:23 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
I don't seem to be getting any posts from this forum anymore.

It has been around 4 days now since I have had a message in my in-box saying I have a answer to any of my postings.

Can someone look into it for me please.

Phil

can you explain what you mean phil "message in inbox"

how do you normally know someone has replied to a topic your following/posted on...?

as you will know, top right corn shows notifications, is this still showing, or is it not...?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi David

Take for instance the posting I am replying to.

Normally, when one is involved with a posting, one gets an email telling you that you have a reply to a posting.

For the past 4/5 days I have NOT had any emails from the forum, even though I have a few postings that I am interested in.

Right now, if I want to know if anyone has commented on any of the subjects I have posted or have commented on - I have to go to the actual forum, click on the subject and then see what people have written.

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 6:14 pm

go to your profile at top of page phil, click preferences, and go down the list, it will be the 6th down, and says notify me to my email address . look across does it say yes or no,
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 9:52 pm

These thing happen Phil probably crawled out to the edge of the nest bowl and got kicked out by its parents or some other bird went in that box accidentally and the cock or hen that was sitting chased the bird out and dragged the youngster out with it
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 pm

got another dead new hatch from same nest when i went to lock must be too cold for them -2 and a cold breeze when i locked up at 4.30
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:37 am

David wrote:
go to your profile at top of page phil, click preferences, and go down the list, it will be the 6th down, and says notify me to my email address .  look across does it say yes or no,

David - I have checked everything in 'My Profile' and 'Noyfy me to my email address' was already ticked YES.

By the way - did not get a notification of your posting.

What's to do now?

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 am

do you mean a notification to your email address phil...? if you do it could be the settings on your email account.

I get notifications at the top right corner of the forum, plus you see the latest posts on the left hand side of the page.

I don't go into my emails to see if I have a reply, I don't need to because im on the forum quite a lot during the day.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:26 am

denise washington wrote:
got another dead new hatch from same nest  when i went to lock must be too cold for them -2 and a cold breeze when i locked up at 4.30
Disappointing as it is Denise Smile Smile I suggest it's hard breeding when the weather is so cold as such & especially when one is new to the game etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:41 am

David wrote:
do you mean a notification to your email address phil...? if you do it could be the settings on your email account.

I get notifications at the top right corner of the forum, plus you see the latest posts on the left hand side of the page.

I don't go into my emails to see if I have a reply, I don't need to because im on the forum quite a lot during the day.

Yes David - that is exactly what I mean. Ever since I joined the forum, I have been notified when I have had a reply or new posting on a subject I have been watching.

Buy for about a week now, I have NOT been getting anything from the forum, unless I go onto the forum and search down the subjects.

I am sure I have not done anything to my system to stop notifications from the forum reaching me.

I am totally confused!

Phil
p.s. I just wonder what would happen if someone sent me a PM?
Back to top Go down
denise washington
Chipping
Chipping
denise washington

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 12:31 pm

[quote="Knackered"][quote= hi knackered its not nice loosing your young ive been breeding ducks and hens for many years so should be used to losses but its harder when you have just got them through a illness which i expected loosing all lot of them but ill get there its this cold weather thats problem roll on summer
denise
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm

yep, its been a particularly cold one this year I think, recent years have been much milder.....
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Phil. PM'd and emailed.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 pm

it will be your email settings phil, if your preferences are ticked yes, it cant be anything else....otherwise all forum members would be the same.

have you got new computer, phone or internet that you are using ...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead in Egg   Dead in Egg - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead in Egg
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2