Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:31 am

» overnight and multiple nights basket
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Today at 5:00 am

» Weather today
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Vote_lcapFUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Voting_barFUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Vote_lcapFUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Voting_barFUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
tanveerhbaig
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221836 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

FUTURE OR NOT

Go down 
+5
Boosey
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
MISTY
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:13 am

great pictures form the kids Darren, looks like they really enjoyed doing them, they put a lot of effort into them........ cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 am

You are right about personalities and back biting being a problem.

If you attempt to put forward facts that do not please some then the back stabbers take out their knives and attempt to discredit you.

Not to your face of course because what they say is fabricated and you have no means of knowing just what they say to each other, nor exposing them as the real threat to our sport.

This is from the very top to the bottom, too many just wanting out of the sport what pleases them irrespective of how some fanciers may be treated in a unacceptable and even illegal manner.

The sport in the UK needs changes starting at the top.

Too much apathy for far too long.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 10:03 am

thanks for putting the 2 winning pictures up for me david yes not half bad for 5-6 year old eh
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:11 am

David wrote:
great pictures form the kids Darren, looks like they really enjoyed doing them, they put a lot of effort into them........ cheers  cheers

I agree Smile Smile fully. Wouldn't thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! wish to be waiting for them bounce bounce in an over nighter etc I'm affraid but OK lol! lol! lol! up to around 300 odd miles as such Smile Smile I suggest.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 6:42 pm

It would be a great pity if your great efforts were lost because there were no sport for the youngsters involved to participate in when they were in a position to do so on their own.

The sport if it is to survive needs approaching from many different angles.

The only ones capable of making the changes necessary are those of an age which reflects the possibility of them being involved for the foreseeable future and not by those who have used and abused their positions for over 40years.

Just consider for one moment how the sport has gone backwards, less than a quarter of the membership of 50 years ago, losses, raptors, unhealthy pigeons needing constant preventative and curative medicines and antibiotics etc.

I have asked many times for just one thing the RPRA have done in the past 50 years that has been of benefit to every member and the fairness of the sport in general.

Toffee apple for anyone giving one example.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm

if you look up the rpra on dun and bradstreet, which holds all details of buisnesses around the world.......you find the rpra is a business, to make profit.

there isn't just one business address for the rpra, there are a few, I wonder what some of them are, and why some of them exist.

royal pigeon racing association

the reddings

cheltenham,  - GL51  

279 dawlish road

birmingham,  - B29 7  

severn farm industrial estate

welshpool,  - SY21  

the racing pigeon co limited

the rivendell centre the rivendell centre

maldon,  - CM9 5  

https://businesscredit.dnb.com/intl-search/?country=GB&recaptcha=&api_key=5ZQdbHqkcAFmbERsDp2kIim0edSV7oMb&companyName=royal+pigeon+racing+association
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Had no idea that there were so many different addresses and operations involved, and I bet the vast majority of the membership do not either.

Having been attempting for over 45 years to have the RPRA made more representative of the memberships wishes and brought up to date every year relative to any changes that would help the sport as a whole I have never seen any of these organisations you mentioned in the balance sheet.

Surely this matter should be looked at as no organisation runs without funds so where do they obtain theirs.

Regards,

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 am

MISTY wrote:
Had no idea that there were so many different addresses and operations involved, and I bet the vast majority of the membership do not either.

Having been attempting for over 45 years to have the RPRA made more representative of the memberships wishes and brought up to date every year relative to any changes that would help the sport as a whole I have never seen any of these organisations you mentioned in the balance sheet.

Surely this matter should be looked at as no organisation runs without funds so where do they obtain theirs.

Regards,

I suggest Misty Smile Smile David with his detective work etc Wink Wink may have just thrown the cat amongst the pigeons type of thing. For a main pigeon organisation as such, from my perspective from a far Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes being open & honest with the accounts for the members benefit/knowledge appears to have a certain smell about the whole issue for me, if correct unfortunately Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am

i bet one of those addresses will be the raptor alliance another maybe the bhw...money for old rope for someone (raptor alliance),I hear lee fribbins has got envolved in that to ...rp magazine...pigeon health products....doncaster shows ....busy busy bees
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

The worst event in recent times was when the five legally elected members of council were illegally deprived of office, they were in the process of investigating all the financial affairs and other matters they deemed worthy of investigation , but the OLD BRIGADE, some members of which should not be in any sport, once again had their way

I do not make statements I cannot back up with facts.

Until the OLD BRIGADE are removed nothing will change.

Regards.,

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 pm

i remember the incident well also remember how my region (south west) was treated during the stink and the dickin medal fiasco
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:42 pm

welshpool is bhw
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 pm

The problem is there are always the mindless individuals who are duped into protecting those who should be removed.

What a wonderful chap, gave me some realy good young ones, let me sit with him at race time etc;

He did wonders for the sport.

Represented it very well.

Truth. he was only interested in travelling abroad and meeting others like him.

Used every cunning means to ensure he was permanently engaged in all the best activities and used pocket money to influence.

Cared nothing about the truth, willingly attended appeals and sat in and voted on the matter in question when representing the Region involved.

Totally ignored the rules and influenced others to agree.

Not to mention fabricating evidence to pervert the course of justice.

No wonder the sport has gone down hill.

For those who just look at, and do not get involved in the site and just see what is going on with the intention of protecting the OLD BRIGADE, get a life.

If you want to contradict anything I have said, be my guest.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 3:34 pm

I can remember the organisers of the Epsom show going on a golfing holiday shortly after the event but they never invited the dutch organiser and my good friend henk rest his soul...henk told me of a few names and that they were only interested in the money one in particular said he would make himself a millionaire out of pigeons ...he got his fingers in a few pies that lad the same name keeps cropping up where theirs money to be made its never good when someone has the lions share of the monopoly board
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 am

Just read the North East Committee meeting.

The reason the propositions were called out of order at the AGM was because they mentioned the Hall Report, what on earth that had to do with anything regarding the actual proposition in terms of the actual propositions is beyond me, if they were out of order for any reason they should not have been included in the AGM in the first place, there was adequate time to address them prior to the AGM.

This is the type of action the Council have used for over 45 years to dismiss any proposition they did not agree with.

Why on earth did not someone challenge the chairman???

Having said that the only time I experienced the activities of the Council the chairman was not conversant with the duties of a chairman did not know the RPRA rules and was a complete and utter disgrace to the sport.

If mattersare not changed and very soon there will be no sport left.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 am

How you folks put up with that nonsense is beyond my comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am

halcanada wrote:
How you folks put up with that nonsense is beyond my comprehension.
I agree Hal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes unfortunately. What type of management system structure allows such a thing to continue etc. Beyond comprehension as you say, sitting from afar as we do I suggest Wink Wink if true. Russia Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad North Korea/Syria Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes comes to mind for me, sadly Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 9:56 am

Hal @ Knackered,

£10,000 The reason nothing has been done is because of the apathy of the majority of the membership, I have raised these matters for over40 years in an attempt to make the sport better for all fanciers, in particular attempted to have a limit put on the length of time anyone can serve on the Council, the Hall Report suggested exactly the same, but when you have people who ignore the rules when they see fit, get rid of legally elected council members who want to investigate matters and have no respect for anything other than doing everything possible to retain their hold on the reigns you have a real problem.

Another sad fact is that over time they make others like themselves and if you get anyone who challenge them they are shouted down.

The sport will only have any possible chance of survival if there is a complete change of attitude and matters are addressed as advised by the Hall Report, which was independent and paid for by the membership and dismissed out of hand by the present set up.

The Hall Report if considered in a proper manner said that the RPRA is not fit for purpose and too many had been on the Council for too long.

A totally independent opinion which agrees with what I have said for over45 years.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 1:02 am

Obvious to me is this. Start another organisation. May be a one off but is an outlet for people who quit beacause of the present circumstances. Should be feasible?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:55 am

halcanada wrote:
Obvious to me is this. Start another organisation. May be a one off but is an outlet for people who quit beacause of the present circumstances. Should be feasible?
Interesting scenario Hal Wink Wink & I just wonder why they seem to think they have the right of rule to go on forever type of thing in their positions. Take it back to the grass roots level & I suggest it was just a bunch of blokes all out to good for the sport, over all etc. So Wink Wink what legal impediment is there in stopping another group of people starting up another ruling body as such. Interesting scenario Wink Wink. maybe. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Just read a suggestion in the BHW regarding improving the sport and the raptor one in particular.

I did of course suggest this many years ago along with other matters.

It was to start racing later and not have the young ones in particular around when the female sparrow hawk was fattening up before going to nest.

I also pointed out that the young ones would be in a better natural moult position later in the year.

The weather is often better during October and November than in April and May.

I also suggested that the races up to 150, 200 miles could be basketed on the day of the race, the latter under normal circumstances should take no konger than 5 hours, it is daylight up until say eght at night, so if the trasporter is at the liberation site by 1 pm there should be plenty of time for the pigeons to return, the raptors will have already had their fill and the pigeonshave afree run.

If fanciers were wrried about the sport and their pigeons they would put themselves out to protect them in any way possible even were it necessary to be up early morning to mark and basket the pigeons.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Further to the above, this machine acts up and I get so far and it packs in.

A fit pigeon in the best condition can only go down in condition in the transporter the less time in the transporter the better.

There should be less chance of dehydration or any other possible problems caused during the time spent in the transporter.

The weather would be a known fact.

The pigeons would not need feeding and there would be ample time to offer water whilst the transporter was parked, prior to liberation.

As I have said numerous times, the only time the condition of the pigeon counts is how fit it is at liberation and not when put on the transporter, and the less chance of the pigeons condition being affected by the transporter the better.

In the past 60 years not one attempt has been made to address the sports problems in a proper manner.

Regards.

r
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Early day to transport. Many people work. Racing too early have to agree. Pigeons can do the job required or not. Regardless of circumstances. They adapt. Ones that cannot are useless. Will just recount something I heard on the radio a while back.
People living on a South Sea island. For hundereds of years. They survived by eating shellfish and other underwater stuff. Over time, they could dive underwater and do whatever. Longer than any one else. There bodies had adapted. Larger splen, narrowing of the arteries when underwater, can thrive on low oxgen. Touted as Space canditates by some. Point is, pigeons adapt to anything over time. So it should be. Long distance birds beget long distance birds and so on.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 am

MISTY wrote:
Further to the above, this machine acts up and I get so far and it packs in.

A fit pigeon in the best condition can only go down in condition in the transporter the less time in the transporter the better.

There should be less chance of dehydration or any other possible problems caused during the time spent in the transporter.

The weather would be a known fact.

The pigeons would not need feeding and there would be ample time to offer water whilst the transporter was parked, prior to liberation.

As I have said numerous times, the only time the condition of the pigeon counts is how fit it is at liberation and not when put on the transporter, and the less chance of the pigeons condition being affected by the transporter the better.

In the past 60 years not one attempt has been made to address the sports problems in a proper manner.

Regards.

r
Ideal conditions Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Prey tell Misty Wink Wink what they may be etc Wink Wink as we have a scenario playing out here that I find rather intriguing etc to say the least. 2 local Feds here, spent a small fortune building the latest up to date Euro type transporters, under the pretext it was for the welfare of the pigeons as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Their theory, thou of sound mind "by the experts" has turned into a nightmare scenario for both of them unfortunately as the better type flyers on average " the distance men" have walked out the door in disgust for what they see happening to their birds there on the management & treatment of the birds in the new wizz bang type transporters. Finished up going back 30 years bounce bounce Wink Wink to race their birds in what down here we call steel units as such, which in basic terms are a steel box of 8 tiers which carry around 320 birds in the short races & also Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes we have now 2 Feds on the one truck here now because of the decline in the sport Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad with one using straw in their units & the other one using just steel mesh for the base floor. Pigeon flyers lol! lol! lol! hard lot to figure out at times Smile Smile I suggest, with the thinking scenario Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 am

it doesn't pay to think too much knackered, especially if your a pigeon man........ scratch scratch study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   FUTURE OR NOT - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FUTURE OR NOT
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next