Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» UNC held over
by peel bros Today at 8:55 pm

» Time to swap eh?
by MISTY Today at 6:44 pm

» Weather today
by markevans Today at 6:10 pm

» RPRA Forum Syndicate 2019.
by David Today at 2:22 pm

» Breed Identification
by MISTY Today at 1:20 pm

» Storm went through.
by David Today at 9:20 am

» Lawn Mower For Sale.
by oldstrain Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:17 pm

» Welcome, welcome !!!.
by Daz Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:13 pm

» High Winds in Leeds Today
by MISTY Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:19 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 10 Registered, 0 Hidden and 37 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, Briant, chuda, David, fieldwalker, johnnorm2, Lofty, markevans, oldstrain, peel bros

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

peel bros

MISTY

markevans

Knackered

Daz

oldstrain

halcanada

redrog

barnie

Statistics
We have 1148 registered users
The newest registered user is Matty091

Our users have posted a total of 170517 messages in 11256 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

FUTURE OR NOT

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:15 am

David wrote:
it doesn't pay to think too much knackered, especially if your a pigeon man........ scratch scratch study
True Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! trouble every where Smile Smile I suggest, if your a thinker type etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
it doesn't pay to think too much knackered, especially if your a pigeon man........ scratch scratch study
True Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! trouble every where Smile Smile I suggest, if your a thinker type etc. cheers

only making problems for your self, thinking too much knackeroo......... Razz Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm

You have lost me a little Knackered, what ideal conditions are you referring to?.

I mentioned the pigeons condition in respect of going in the transporter and on liberation, and the effect the transporter can have on the condition, in my opinion the less time spent in any transporter the better.

There will always be some fanciers whose life style and circumstances can never be met equally.

The same appllies to many sporting activities, if your circumstaces will not fit in with what is in the best interests of the pigeon in particular and the sport in general then you should find one that does.

The best transport ever was by rail.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm

seen some good videos of when they liberated by rail, very interesting........
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
barnie
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:37 pm

I travel a fair bit by train and haven't stopped at any stations that lend themselves to liberating thousands of pigeons on a busy Saturday morning or any other time. Not saying they don't exist but not on the mainline routes in my experience.
Then there's the added hazard of electric overhead cables associated with train lines.
At least with road travel if the weather sets in crap at the race point the convoyer has the option to move nearer home for a liberation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Never mentioned anything other than the actual transportation, fanciers used the railway for training and for racing and they were not subjected to all the disruption the road causes, stop, start, pot holes, bends, exhausts, all of which can cause the pigeons discomfort and fighting etc;

I am not realy interested in scoring points, I am only interested in the future of the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Just read an update on the proposed new law on the keeping of birds and all other animals.

The Animal Activities Licencing (AAL)

It can entail local council representatives visiting every person keeing any animal if they have the slightest incling that the person conerned has made a propfit from doing so.

Everyone should be aware of the busy bodies on councils who love poking their noses into everyones business and this would provide the ideal opportunity for them to create a job (for a pal) (who could be a member of the animal rights brigade).

THE cage and aviary brigade are doing everything in their power to have hoobyists excluded, what is the RPRA doing?.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:15 pm

probably the usual thing with the council, to keep or race pigeons we will need a license , payable to the council to allow us to do this......usual case of them wanting their cut, wherever there is money to be made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:21 pm

The sport does not help it's self when you see pigeons sold for many thousands of pounds and hundreds of them into the hundreds.

I doubt if 10% of fanciers ever make a penny profit because the vast majority only want to enjoy the sport, and would rather help each other than make a profit.

But the main point is that if fanciers do not get together and change many matters there will soon not be a sport.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:44 pm

I doubt our club will be still going in 10 years time, probably less........ No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon May 14, 2018 7:59 am

just an update ...we sent off pictures to the homing world of the competition winners and Alfie in the loft with the parent birds holding his young fancier award and a paragraph explaining what its all about and we e-mailed it to the editor so lets see if it gets edited Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 am

that's great Darren, I don't get the homing world, but maybe someone could post it up on the forum when its published......... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon May 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Darren, you will have no problem having your efforts published, I have put forward many matters that are detrimental regarding the way the RPRA is run and they have always published them.

So they will be over the moon to show at least some fanciers are doing something for the sports future.

At least you are doing something original not like those who have sat back for years because nothing was affecting them, and are now jumping on the band wagon using ideas long ago proposed but ignored by them because they were alright at the time.

Just hope your efforts are acknowledged and hopefully others start making an effort before it is too late.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Mon May 14, 2018 3:00 pm

if it gets printed I will send a e-mail to you david we only sent it Saturday so maybe a bit late for this weeks edition
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Wed May 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Here we go again the BHW asking fanciers to contact their MPs regarding our sport.

Although i have asked numerous times just exactly what it hopes to gain , there is no actual reply.

There is also a suggestion regarding starting racing later as if it is a new concept, I put forward this idea and explained why it would be an advantage both to the birds and also liberate later in the day when the raptors would have already had their fill etc, years ago and several times since.

We now have scribes getting on the band wagon as if it is a new concept, where were these individuals when I first proposed it?.

Yes, not bothered because they were happy to let everything go to pot until it began to affect them,

If the sport is to be saved the grass root fancier has to stand up and be counted and demand change from top to bottom.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 am

As you stated. Nothing new. Will sense prevail? Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Fri May 18, 2018 4:38 pm

well our e-mail got in the bhw this week its on page 22 ....I sent you a e-mail david
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Good to see other than results and repetitive articles, it may liven one or two other fanciers up to take a like interest, it would maybe be even better if you could get the local or even National papers to take an interest, they I feel sure, would be interested in anything that may make the youngsters get away from all the virtual reality etc;

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 pm

As the point is the Future of the Sport it is interesting to see that Mike Lakin has the answer BHW May18th 2018, later racing etc; a point I put forward years ago and in another site last year, it does take a long time for some things to sink in.

The sport will npt be saved until those who have failed it for over 50years are removed along with those who have constantly backed them and obstructed any changes that would benefit the sport as a whole.

If the Hall report did not show the actual need for change then nothing will.

And for our Mike Lakin I have over the past 45 years said exactly what the Hall report concluded.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

later racing would be ideal even put back 2 weeks would make a difference but a month would be the ideal scenario...but as ever you get cried down by the stalwarts
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 am

Our 2nd race is this week. Due to weather. Depemds on the climate. We have short summers and long winters. You can move the schedule any way you want but there will always be some person ready to fly. Early late or whatever. This is one of the few sites I look at that wants radical changes. No matter what changes are made as regarding races it will not matter. Some will welcome them others not. Question of management of the birds. Nothing else. Hawk problem live with it. Not going to change. Future of the sport in the UK (I assume) is downhill. Other countries are thriving. Or holding there own. Why? New fanciers of course. How do they get them? Advertising! What else is there to get the word out? It is not all gloom and doom! Negativity is a bad scenario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Sat May 19, 2018 2:48 am

oldstrain wrote:
later racing would be ideal even put back 2 weeks would make a difference but a month would be the ideal scenario...but as ever you get cried down by the stalwarts
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Not the same mob are they O/S Wink Wink by chance,  that were dead set against electronic clocks etc Smile Smile being used. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Sat May 19, 2018 10:18 am

There was a time when many fanciers did not let their young birds out until there eye colour changed, if fanciers returned to breeding at the later time as nature suggests and kept them in until the hen sparrow hawks were sitting and feeding young things may improve.

The same applies to racing regarding starting later would have several benefits,

The weather early in the year is more unpredictable than in the latter part and the long races for the old birds would give them time to be in a better racing condition and the same applies to the young birds.

But I still feel that the best way for the protection of the pigeons on several grounds would be for all the sprint races to basket the birds on the day of the race, and liberate when the chances are that the raptors have already had their fill and also less chance of the transporting having an adverse effect on the pigeons condition. etc;

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 am

MISTY wrote:
There was a time when many fanciers did not let their young birds out until there eye  colour changed, if fanciers returned to breeding at the later time as nature suggests and kept them in until the hen sparrow hawks were sitting and feeding young things may improve.

The same applies to racing regarding starting later would have several benefits,

The weather early in the year is more unpredictable than in the latter part and the long races for the old birds would give them time to be in a better racing condition and the same applies to the young birds.

But I still feel that the best way for the protection of the pigeons on several grounds would be for all the sprint races to basket the birds on the day of the race, and liberate when the chances are that the raptors have already had their fill and also less chance of the transporting having an adverse effect on the pigeons condition. etc;

Regards.

Brave man Misty Smile Smile who would suggest etc, the weather today is the same as it was 30/40/50 years ago. Speaking local Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I've seen a huge change/difference on average & especially when the heat factor is taken into consideration as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUTURE OR NOT   

Back to top Go down

FUTURE OR NOT
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: