Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby barnie Today at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 75 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Vote_lcapTHINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Voting_barTHINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Vote_rcap 
David
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Vote_lcapTHINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Voting_barTHINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET

Go down 
+4
fieldwalker
halcanada
Don Webb
MISTY
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Empty
PostSubject: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:19 pm

It is very interesting when someone attempts to point out the short comings of the Council, immediately one of their friends spring to their defence.

Some Council members have been on the Council for over 50 years, several to my knowledge should not be in any sport.

The Council have done nothing during that time for the benefit of the sport as a whole, they have ignored rules and behaved in an inappropriate manner.

Until these people are replaced with younger fanciers who have a future in the sport nothing will change.

If the Hall report does not have an impact on fanciers views of the COUNCIL nothing will.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Misty you am correct there are no youngsters coming into this sport

The sooner you get rid of the old set in there ways fanciers who don't like change this sport is doomed but another this is people want to get paid and not doing it for the love of the sport

The ones that do it for the love of the sport are very few and far between so credit for them fanciers that work hard for the sport

Another big problem in this sport is you have to race with the pro's straight away, its like asking the local drunk to fight a prime Mike Tyson, the new fancier will soon pack in the sport getting beat big time week in week out plus there are not many fanciers that will give advise to help them get better

Plus the most important thing is the cost just getting started is no easy thing, Loft, Clocks Pigeons, Fees ect.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Don,
I agree there are some dedicated fanciers with little money who do a very good job of helping the sport in many ways, but there are also fanciers with money to burn that put an amount in the right place, the amount meaningless to their wealth, and then expect favours in return.

I doubt if there is one young fancier in any area that would not be helped and fixed up with all that was needed to start in the sport, by the grass root fanciers.

I have never bothered about the proffessionals the pigeons do not know how well off the fancier is nor how old he/she is.

As long as you condition the pigeon in the right manner and the pigeon is good enough a 6 year old fancier could win, and winning is not the be all of the sport.

What is wrong with the sport is that the ordinary fancier has no say in the matters that will be either the saviour or the ruination of the sport.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Knackered mentioned he had seen your name on other sites, I beleive.
Folks, let us not get involved in a p****g war.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 pm

If you read my post I said I used to use another site, not for over a year, and I am not a member.

Why should there be any difficulty or bad feelings about discussing things that affect every fancier.

Anyone who thinks everything in the garden is rose coloured is living in dream land and the reason it is in such a state is because once a subject is brought up that certain people do not want brought up the curtain comes down, and things go on as before.

Nothing nor no one should be out of bounds for discussion.

If nothing to hide why worry?

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 10:45 pm

What I  do know is that I have tried for over 45 years to change the manner the Council members are chosen and how long they can serve.

The reason for this being that I know for certain that several members are not fit to be representative of the sport.

There actions warranted legal proceedings but I was persuaded not to take legal action.

It involved matters that would be considered despicable by any reasonable person.

Having agreed not to name them they can rest assured I do not go back on my word, but I have done all I can to get them off the Council.

Knowing that they are still there makes me ?????

Regards.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 7:55 am

You were on pigeon chat less than 6 months ago to my knowledge. .
Same old drum same old tune.....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:03 am

That is just exactly what is wrong with the sport, I Am Alright Jack, I used to use the library commputer and it seems over a year ago, but what does it matter how long ago, the truth does not change choose what and I am no longer a member of that site.

So you think it is right and proper to have people in positions to decide on matters that can affect the participation of fanciers in their sport who are willing to fabricate evidence to pervert the course of justice?.

In my case had I not had two solicitor friends I could have had my sport denied me for over 50 years.

How many times since have famnciers less able than me been treated in the same manner and lost out on the sport???.

So come on just where do you and others stand.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:04 am

That is just exactly what is wrong with the sport, I Am Alright Jack, I used to use the library commputer and it seems over a year ago, but what does it matter how long ago, the truth does not change choose what and I am no longer a member of that site.

So you think it is right and proper to have people in positions to decide on matters that can affect the participation of fanciers in their sport who are willing to fabricate evidence to pervert the course of justice?.

In my case had I not had two solicitor friends I could have had my sport denied me for over 50 years.

How many times since have famnciers less able than me been treated in the same manner and lost out on the sport???.

So come on just where do you and others stand.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:13 am

halcanada wrote:
Knackered mentioned he had seen your name on other sites, I beleive.
Folks, let us not get involved in a p****g war.
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes best I suggest you re-track that suggestion/thought Hal Wink Wink Smile Smile if we are discussing Misty etc & his travels on other sites as such bounce bounce as I know nothing, about his ventures else where on other forums Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 2:09 pm

I must have been mistaken. My apologies!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 2:12 pm

I can assure any members misty/foxy is one of the good guys/girls we talked often on the other forum but as always on the other forum ignorance and cat calling prevailed ,hence why they have lost so many members.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 2:22 pm

halcanada wrote:

naughty step and 500 lines "I must not tell tales" for you hal......... Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm

My sole aim for over50 years has been to improve the sport and in particular how it is conducted.

Surely a site to discuss the sport should put such matters before anything else.

If the top tier is rotten that below has no chance.

The fact is that the present people running the affairs have ignored the rules as and when they wish, showing no regard for the membership nor the wishes of the membership.

When several new members were elected and found matters sadly lacking and wanted to delve into the RPRA affairs they were (against the rules) voted off by a vote of no confidence.

They paid £10,000 for the Hall report that exposed the present set up as not fit for purpose, I said what would happen, and it did, nothing.

Some have had over 45 years of learning how to manipulate the rules to ensure nothing is passed that threatens their position.

The sport is run in the most undemocratic manner possible, as the Hall report stated and what I have said for over 50 years.

And I make no apology for attempting to make matters better for the sport in general and the grass root fancier in particular.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 3:05 am

David wrote:
halcanada wrote:

naughty step and 500 lines "I must not tell tales" for you hal......... Razz Razz lol! lol!
Absolutely Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes not good enough David Wink Wink I suggest with your suggestion etc lol! lol! lol! 1000 lines at least I require SmileSmile from the Canadian kid as such Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 10:11 am

Another year has passed and matters are as they have been for decades, before the next RPRA AGM fanciers who are interested in the sports future should get together and formulate real changes to the Rules.

Give the present members of the Council no chance to declare them void by devious means.

The only explanation that needs to be given is to improve the sport.

Each proposition should be entirely sepetrate and not dependant on any other being passed, a tactic often used by the present set up to stop propositions going forward.

The main one that I have proposed for over 50 years, there should be a limit on the time anyone can serve on the Council.

Another one that when a suspension expires the fancier returns to exactly the position prior to the suspension. ie; he/she retains membership of the clubs etc; they wre a member of prior to the suspension, other wise it can be used to get rid of a top fancier for the most trivial offence.

If fanciers sit in their backside as they have done for many years and as long as they can fly their pigeons, why worry? then the sport is doomed.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 4:18 pm

you obviously have a better insight to the runnings of this sport than me and i can only hope things are not as bad as you paint, i think apathy is always going to be a problem purely cos of human nature and until it affects individuals we sit back and let others do the dirty work. But the sport is poorly run locally aswell, I applied to 2 clubs and was turned down for reasons laughable, it isn't as if my birds are tearing the sky up, people are happy in their small ponds and good drops/lines/pull etc I for one hope people like yourself keep banging on bounce
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 10:23 pm

There should, long ago, have been a rule that unless a person has done something that merits his/her application being turned down then the application if the person meets the clubs boundaries should be accepted, and if the person concerned had done something meriting being turned down then they should be a suspended member in any case.

I have said this many times but so have numerous other fanciers for many years, it is one of the reasons there are so many small clubs, if , as happened to me, I felt I could not fly in the same club as another fancier, I would not attempt to deprive them of the sport I would leave and I did.

As for matters being bad, they could hardly be worse

There has been numerous chances for change but every time it is attempted, the OLD BRIGADE find a means of stopping it.

If those interested in the future of the sport do not get their fingers out and participate in solving the sports problems, there will be no sport worth calling a sport within a very short time.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 am

2019 start a New Brigade. Start your own Federation, or whatever. National body, organisation. If things are so screwed up as you say, you should have a great majority of pigeon fliers joining. Feasible?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 10:02 am

I AGREE IF APATHY DID NOT REIGN SUPREME.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 10:14 am

halcanada wrote:
2019 start a New Brigade. Start your own Federation, or whatever. National body, organisation. If things are so screwed up as you say, you should have a great majority of pigeon fliers joining. Feasible?
Could some one please explain for me here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what does a national governing body such as you have actually achieve in the overall big picture etc for its members on average. No way known would an elitist group be allowed to control pigeon racing in my general area here. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 11:01 am

Hi Knackered,
I do feel it necessary to have an organisation to control the sport, ie; register ownership, have a set of rules, regarding all competions involved etc;

However, these must be decided by the membership as a whole and enforced by a body that is elected in a democratic manner, and the present situation meets none of that criteria.

We have an OLD BRIGADE that have been influential for over 50 years, ignored the rules when they saw fit and made sure any new proposal that would reduce their influence and make matters democratic could not be passed often on the most diabolical of reasons.

Fanciers paid £10,000 for an independant organisation to look into the RPRA's affairs, the conclusion was thast it was not fit for purpose and needed radical changes, result, the whole report was dismissed out of hand.

There would be nothing wrong with the RPRA if it was run in a democratic manner but the chances with the apathy of the fanciers who could not care less until matters directly affect their involvement ????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 6:10 pm

the rpa is sounding more and more like our government, corrupt and feathering their own nest (excuse the pun)

neither seem to remember, we pay their wages, and we are their boss ....

the servant doesn't make the rules, the master does.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:47 am

David wrote:
the rpa is sounding more and more like our government, corrupt and feathering their own nest (excuse the pun)

neither seem to remember, we pay their wages, and we are their boss ....

the servant doesn't make the rules, the master does.
The authority factor can be a good thing to a degree I suggest David, up to a point etc. But I suggest an organisation like the UN Combine of our beloved Ray here Smile Smile should need no guidance from a bunch of do gooder types from down south as such, if everything is in its proper place with the way it is organised. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 10:03 am

That's the problem with the RPRA, nothing is in the right place, the Rules are laughable, and those in charge are deplorable, a real good mixture.
officials.

I attempted to change matters through the rules, I attended a Region meeting as a properly elected delegate, the rules said that those attending had to have proof that they were properly elected, I took along the minute book and asked that all other delegates proffer proof that they were properly elected, including the present officials.

I was shouted down by the retiring officials and told to shut up.

One delegate backed me up but was also shouted down.

Had I been able to address the meeting, as I should have been as a properly elected delegate, I would most certainly have change matters.

If any intelligent person sat down and considered the present set up, they would come to the same conclusion as the Hall report did.

The RPRA are not fit for purpose, so why do fanciers stand for it????

APATHY APATHY.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET   THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET Empty

Back to top Go down

THINGS BETTER UNDER THE CARPET
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next