Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» GUTTED !!!!
by MISTY Today at 8:15 pm

» York Road & District Flying Club
by David Today at 4:32 pm

» Great Faith etc !!!.
by oldstrain Today at 2:59 pm

» Goodbye old club
by halcanada Today at 2:18 pm

» Weather today
by Daz Today at 1:24 pm

» Trainer from today
by Knackered Today at 12:02 am

» TIME FOR FINGERS OUT
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» Rapido1988 Welcome....
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» YB Back !!!
by David Yesterday at 8:32 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, Lofty, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

oldstrain

MISTY

Knackered

Daz

Lofty

halcanada

redrog

chuda

peel bros

Statistics
We have 1142 registered users
The newest registered user is rapido1988

Our users have posted a total of 169396 messages in 11192 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

ETS or T3 ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:42 pm

undecided on using ets or t3 for yb racing, was originally going to use t3, but then decided that if most of the others were using the ets, then I would too, or I would have been at a disadvantage ......now im thinking about using the t3 again as its too much messing about with traps , pads, electric etc.

any thoughts ...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I was against ets untill I tried it..
No more chasing birds to clock...no clock shy birds...
Just make sure you have a back up battery if your not on mains study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:24 pm

our whole club is on T3 obvious advantage having ets though .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:12 pm

ETS every time for me dave once you have your rings allocated to your birds and clock that's it no more writing down ring numbers just pick up the ones you want to send and off to the club if you want your rings allocated to the birds send me your clock and rings and I will do them for you if you can't get them do locally you will never look back at a t3 trust me any advice just aske
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:17 pm

our club supplies all members with the bricon speedy mark, with 16 rings included......I think we have had the system for 2 years now, but ive heard the club sec is still making a b*lls of it every now and then, how or why ive no idea....... Suspect Suspect

reason im still thinking of the t3 is because I`ll have to alter my traps for the pad, plus my traps are on the sliding door, so this means the loft will have to be closed up to clock in, and I always struggle to train them to use the trap, its easier to use open door..

also I don't have electric over at my loft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:35 pm

I see the electric can be sorted quite easily extension cable or a car battery the trapping can be done by open doors put the pad on the wall and catch the birds and scan them over the pad put it on a dividing wall and use the system for two sections if you like to catch the birds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:12 pm

There is no doubt that to compete with the manual timers and the ETs is just not cricket, unless of course you are in the AUSTRALIAN team.

However, there is no doubt it has many good points and it is here to stay.

It is not to the liking of many fanciers who like the old ways and enjoy all the often fiascos that are involved.

But what makes it more advantageous is the fact that many sprint races are won by decimals and when the actual facts are considered the race could have been won by inches, yes inches, when a fanciers actual distance can be yards adrift, either shorter or longer.

So the first step should have been to make a effort to make sure the distances used are correct, some fanciers have lofts many yards long, they use different parts of the loft to trap etc; which changes the actual distance the bird has covered.

The distance should be calculated from the nearest part of the loft to the race point.

Ets or manual? depends entirely on the fancier and what they want out of the sport, it is very beneficial to those getting on a bit and others who have work commitments but no pigeon should be left to clock it's self in with no one to attend to it's possible needs.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:26 pm

ets has definitely got its advantages, no doubt about it..........and certainly an advantage over the t3 user, and an even bigger advantage if the pad is not within the confines of the loft, like some unscrupulous fanciers are doing.

but with me its just down to the reason its too much messing for this season, simply because ive not raced for years, and its going to take me all my efforts to even get to racing, never mind the added problems of using the ets.

once my main new loft is fully operational , I will be using ets, as I planned it with this in mind, with the traps etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:38 am

ETS is the way to go. Heard of some older retired fanciers who would still be flying today if it was available back then. But again, there are many ways to cheat. Moving pads etc, holding an ets ring in hand through the scanner to read that ring not the one on the bird. Always has been cheating in any sport. Always will be. The Aussie were unfortunate. They got caught! Many do not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:26 am

halcanada wrote:
ETS is the way to go. Heard of some older retired fanciers who would still be flying today if it was available back then. But again, there are many ways to cheat. Moving pads etc, holding an ets ring in hand through the scanner to read that ring not the one on the bird. Always has been cheating in any sport. Always will be. The Aussie were unfortunate. They got caught! Many do not.
Absolute no brainer for me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ETS every time etc if it is in ones budget or supplied by your club Smile Smile. That being said bounce bounce I'm affraid I'm still a dinosour type Wink Wink & always will be, but then one should never stand in the way of progress as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:14 am

The people with pads outside are only gaining a foot or two at most,less than a second unless a pigeon hits the pad and doesn't run thru...why worry about other ppl?
Mine drop in a 4 foot wide trapping end, pad inside the loft,then thru bobs into which ever end they belong
might lose a milli second but gain on better trapping.
beats t3 every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 am

I tried ETS 2 years ago and would never (out of choice) go back to rubbers.

The system is much better for you and your birds. Like has been said.

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:14 am

fw, yes you may be right looking at it that way, but its not as straight forward as that........if the pad is on the outside, all the bard has to do is land and its clocked, it can land then fly off again whilst others are needing the pigeon to fully enter the loft to be timed.

they will be placing the pad on the loft roof next, or even the house roof, and be clocked in......... No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:17 am

Dont worry what others may or may not be doing..do whats best for YOU Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 am

don't worry about competing against someone who is cheating.....? Suspect Suspect Suspect scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 am

Why...what can you do about it?
What difference does it make to what system you use?
The ones iv seen in bhw and rp are just before the enterance to the loft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:54 am

ets, traps and pads should be checked by club sec or some other club member to make sure everyone is competing on level playing field, that everyone is equal.

what system....? as in what ...? ets or t3 ...? up to the individual, so no problem there.

traps sold which encourages fanciers to cheat should be banned, simple as, cheating is cheating no matter what way we look at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 am

My distance is gps between my ob and yb loft as there on a 45 degree angle so measured in the middle...8ft from my ob pad and about 4 from my yb...both inside the lofts...won't make much differenc from the channel....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:57 pm

David,
I feel some comments emphasise just what is basicaly wrong with the sport and has been for 50 years.

I'M ALRIGHT JACK.

The ETS gives a distinct advantage, it cam be further adavantaged by breaking the rules.

As long as I am not inconvenienced or treated against the Rules why should I bother about anyone else or how they are treated?.

Just work out what winning a 60 mile race by .01 of a yard when it is flown in 60 minutes, and it will show that inches count not yards, in distances and hundreths of a second in time.

But then you get all sorts in every sport.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Has this been done?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:15 pm

K. Pic of a solar powered plastic flower. Leaves move up and down, flower moves a little. Looking at it this morning then thought if that was a life size owl doing the same, wings moving, head turning, maybe a hoot. Should scare raptors away?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Possibly, but probably take it back to it's mate as a present prior to returning for supper.

Where food is concerned an animal will find a way around most problems.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:52 pm

halcanada wrote:
K. Pic of a solar powered plastic flower. Leaves move up and down, flower moves a little. Looking at it this morning then thought if that was a life size owl doing the same, wings moving, head  turning, maybe a hoot. Should scare raptors away?

would be worth a try hal, definitely buy one if they were available........... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ETS or T3 ?   

Back to top Go down

ETS or T3 ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: