Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Just the basics. - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Just the basics. - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 99 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 99 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Just the basics. - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Just the basics. - Page 2 Vote_lcapJust the basics. - Page 2 Voting_barJust the basics. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Just the basics. - Page 2 Vote_lcapJust the basics. - Page 2 Voting_barJust the basics. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Just the basics. - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Just the basics. - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Just the basics.

Go down 
+5
Knackered
David
MISTY
fieldwalker
halcanada
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Just the basics. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:48 am

I wonder what these pigeon fanciers who give bleach in the drinking water would do, if they took their child to the doctors and he said " put a spoon of bleach into their drinking water"

would they do it, or tell the doctor to go feck him self..... study study
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm

I still wouldn't use lime.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 pm

redrog,
We certainly do move on, only backwards, 60s, no vaccination, no YBS, no unbelievable losses, now, more sick pigeons than naturally healthy ones many held together in studs and treated on a constant basis, full of numerous preventatives etc' etc;

Many fanciers have not a clue as to the natural state of their pigeons health because they are treated on a constant basis and many if left untreated would not survive.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 am

David wrote:
I wonder what these pigeon fanciers who give bleach in the drinking water would do, if they took their child to the doctors and he said " put a spoon of bleach into their drinking water"

I have thought about this subject often David - I guess these guys that put bleach in their birds' drinking water have something wrong in their heads!

How can anyone be so stupid as to give bleach (even if it is very diluted) to any living thing. They have got to be out of their minds.

As for using builders lime - I don't really know what the chemical make-up is of lime, but I would think it would 'BURN' - as for instance if you got some in your eye or an open cut or wound. So I am not sure what it would do to one's pigeons feet. What about them picking up some of it on their beaks!

P.S. - Barnie - I think the stuff I was asking about IS - Respiro San Dry. Thanks again.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 7:49 am

blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:

I have thought about this subject often David - I guess these guys that put bleach in their birds' drinking water have something wrong in their heads!

How can anyone be so stupid as to give bleach (even if it is very diluted) to any living thing.  They have got to be out of their minds.

As for using builders lime - I don't really know what the chemical make-up is of lime, but I would think it would 'BURN' - as for instance if you got some in your eye or an open cut or wound.  So I am not sure what it would do to one's pigeons feet.  What about them picking up some of it on their beaks!

P.S. - Barnie - I think the stuff I was asking about IS - Respiro San Dry.  Thanks again.

Phil
Some what harsh with your thought Phil Smile Smile I suggest. Many items may have a poison factor about them on average, but by people looking for the knowledge factor with the learning curve, sometimes one can gain some thing of value I've found Wink Wink. Now bounce bounce if your so concerned about bleach as such I wont mention here lol! lol! lol! things like Eucalyptus oil or Hydrogen peroxide (both poisons) for your birds drinkers there etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 11:18 am

David wrote:

Smile Smile Interesting scenario David Wink Wink. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes me being me bounce bounce I would guarantee from my experience, any novice who keeps pigeons just for the enjoyment factor, like Denise here or Fly away home etc a spoon full of bleach to a bucket of water used on a regular basis will do more good than harm over an extended period as such for their birds & would perhaps maybe save them quite a bit of money in the long run on the medicine side Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

Smile Smile Interesting scenario David Wink Wink. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes me being me bounce bounce I would guarantee from my experience, any novice who keeps pigeons just for the enjoyment factor, like Denise here or Fly away home etc a spoon full of bleach to a bucket of water used on a regular basis will do more good than harm over an extended period as such for their birds & would perhaps maybe save them quite a bit of money in the long run on the medicine side Smile  Smile. cheers
have always put it in bath water along with the tea tree oil for horses coats, never have problems with lice/fleas etc. stuff i use is the thin cheap stuff, again it was used back in the day so old memories have stuck Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm

ive always used salt and vinegar in the bath water........seems to keep nasties away Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Prior to the pigeons bathing in the waterfall I used condies crystals, (pertacium permagnate, spelling wrong and still used it for the canaries baths.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

redrog wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

have always put it in bath water along with the tea tree oil for horses coats, never have problems with lice/fleas etc. stuff i use is the thin cheap stuff, again it was used back in the day so old memories have stuck  Rolling Eyes
Smile Smile  Have used many different things over time here Redrog in my pigeon baths etc. Bleach being one of them etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & for those here worried about a wee spoonful of bleach to a bucket of water in the drinkers as such bounce bounce I use a cup full in my bath at bath time Wink Wink & we all know what pigeons on average do first, before the have a bath so to speak Smile Smile. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a tale from the past Wink Wink I used to clean out the units here we transport our pigeons in on race as such for my club & the first thing I always did was strip the metal drinkers out from the units & fill them up with a bleach & water mix & let them settle for an hour or so while I cleaned the units here out of pigeon sh*te Wink Wink food & eggs lol! lol! lol!. then replace them all for the next race type of thing & I also always gave my birds a 20 odd mile toss to kill 2 birds with the same stone Wink Wink seeing I had to travel some distance to the club at the time. Never once did any one say they had an issue with my management skills with what I did for their benefit with cleaning of the units here & it was one of the biggest, strongest & wealthiest clubs in my city here Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 pm

" I use a cup full in my bath at bath time ". am i reading this as your own personal bath or the birds, lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 1:23 am

Knackeroo does not bathe. Why should he? Heat there he is sweating all the times. No skin smell. Ahem..to ones used to it. Solar Power. They have a train running on it now.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 am

halcanada wrote:
Knackeroo does not bathe. Why should he? Heat there he is sweating all the times. No skin smell. Ahem..to ones used to it. Solar Power. They have a train running on it now.
lol! lol! lol! you been speaking to my other half Hal Smile Smile Wink Wink. I'm also in the sh*t again here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Been up for 4 hrs & the other half has just woking up & chastised me immediately for forgetting to turn the lights off in the race loft I'm affraid. 5 hours of wasted electricity Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was all she was concerned about as such & that she had to flick the switch at mid night so my champs could get some sleep etc Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just the basics.   Just the basics. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just the basics.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2