Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Sponges !!!. Emptyby barnie Today at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
Sponges !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Sponges !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Sponges !!!. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Sponges !!!. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Sponges !!!. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Sponges !!!. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Sponges !!!. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Sponges !!!. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Sponges !!!. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 115 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 115 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Sponges !!!. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Sponges !!!. Vote_lcapSponges !!!. Voting_barSponges !!!. Vote_rcap 
David
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Sponges !!!. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Sponges !!!. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Sponges !!!.

Go down 
+7
barnie
markevans
fieldwalker
David
redrog
oldstrain
Knackered
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am

Chatting to my Geordie mate & the new big thing  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes is sponges in the drinkers on the transporters for the birds etc with my Fed as such. Apparantely used in  Germany I'm told when they transport their birds there. Geordie mate works with sponges in his day job & he has made up on a trail basis 3/4 different types to see how they may work as such. So Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes being of curious mind Wink Wink I ask here, would anyone have knowledge on this issue with your races birds Smile Smile on race day. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:05 am

interesting that oz ...never heard of it before
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am

oldstrain wrote:
interesting that oz ...never heard of it before
Supposed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & I say supposed  Wink  Wink I believe O/S Smile Smile its to keep the water in the drinkers while on the road to the race points as such so the birds can drink in transit. Gravity & hills Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes have me some what concerned about the value of there use though Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 am

just so they can clean under their wing pits, arriving home smelling good lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 pm

what difference would a sponge in the trough make......? scratch scratch study
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Seems i remember something like that long ago maybe 90s not sure who but think it was a national..nfc or dutch/belge... study
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Sounds a good idea if the sponges were the ones with the big holes in the birds could put their beaks in and drink from them while going along but they would have to be sterile for the next week
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Somebody selling at Blackpool had sponges in the drinkers hanging on pens, not sure why?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 2:58 am

David wrote:
what difference would a sponge in the trough make......?  scratch scratch study
I don't know Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  that's why I'm asking the experts here etc  lol!  lol!  lol! David Wink Wink Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:16 am

they do that here when shipping animals by air, keeps the water from spilling. i would not to reuse sounges too many times they're a breeding ground for bacteria. not sure if they can be totally sterilized
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:24 am

morb wrote:
they do that here when shipping animals by air, keeps the water from spilling. i would not to reuse sounges too many times they're a breeding ground for bacteria. not sure if they can be totally sterilized
Interesting Morb Smile Smile maybe that's where the idea first originated from etc type of thing. Geordie mate Wink Wink could be on a little earner Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suggest, seeing as he works in the sponge type domain. cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 6:47 am

Going back to my Motor Cycle Road Racing days - I remember they used to (and probably still) put a type of foam inside the petrol tanks to stop the fuel sloshing about in the tank when you corner, accelerator or brake fast/hard.

I guess this is the same idea. I can't see why it would not work and is a really good idea. Except - will the birds know how to drink from them?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Going back to my Motor Cycle Road Racing days - I remember they used to (and probably still) put a type of foam inside the petrol tanks to stop the fuel sloshing about in the tank when you corner, accelerator or brake fast/hard.

I guess this is the same idea.  I can't see why it would not work and is a really good idea.  Except - will the birds know how to drink from them?

Phil
Learning curve scenario I suggest with the birds Phil Smile Smile. The smart ones Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would have their birds well educated before the season would start I suspect if such a system come into play etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 10:07 am

I would think that in the majority of races, if the pigeons are prepared properly, they should not need a drink during transit and should be offerd a drink prior to liberation.

It would not help to have pigeons moving about wanting a drink whilst the transporter was in motion, the more settled they are in the paniers the better.

They have enough to contend with , potholes, fumes, fighting, (the latter would be made worse by pigeons moving to get to the drinkers} etc;

If the race is longer than a specific distance then there should be a compulsary stop during transit for the pigeons to have the opportunity to have a drink.

Of course one could always supply the pigeons with a straw long enough to reach the drinkers from any position.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 10:33 am

can anyone tell me what the logic/idea behind a sponge in thee water, how will this be of any benefit ...?

all the sponge will do is soak the water up, so how is that any benefit to the pigeons scratch scratch study
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 am

David wrote:
can anyone tell me what the logic/idea behind a sponge in thee water, how will this be of any benefit ...?

all the sponge will do is soak the water up, so how is that any benefit to the pigeons scratch scratch study
As I said David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile I don't know etc  Wink  Wink but I'm willing to learn, if it maybe can have some benefit for the birds some how during transit type of thing. Maybe if its the Germans that use some thing along those lines for their birds we should put the welcome mat out here so they could advise us all of the good & bad points as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 12:38 am

morb wrote:
Interesting thought their Mord Smile Smile in relation to the bacteria/sterilizing bit etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as my brain Wink Wink  figured out there would be about 200 odd metres of sponges bounce bounce requiring attention on the units on the truck we use here as such to be cleaned & I suspect its some thing that at this stage, little thought has been giving to type of thing Wink Wink. Could be an opening lol! lol! lol! for the old bleach trick to come into play I suggest, maybe Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 12:56 am

Come on folks! Bleach in moderation never decimated birds. Other stuff also. But each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 1:05 am

halcanada wrote:
Come on folks! Bleach in moderation never decimated birds. Other stuff also. But each to their own.
lol! lol! lol! as you know Hal, well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes certain folk etc bounce bounce like worrying about unnecessarily factor type issues, when it comes to their birds Wink Wink as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 4:33 am

They say “the dirtiest thing in your kitchen is the sponge you wash your dishes with” but who knows, the dirtiest thing in my kitchen me lol
I think it’s like markevans said, the sponges with the big holes, they hold the water but still allow the birds to drink from it

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 1:34 am

morb wrote:
They say “the dirtiest thing in your kitchen is the sponge you wash your dishes with” but who knows, the dirtiest thing in my kitchen me lol
I think it’s like markevans said, the sponges with the big holes, they hold the water but still allow the birds to drink from it

Sent from Topic'it App
lol! lol! lol! Don't bother inviting me now for breakfast/lunch Morb Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes etc Smile Smile. The appetite I have here bounce bounce I'm affraid would be rather diminished by your description of your conditions there Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 am

Knackered wrote:
morb wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
lol! lol! lol! Don't bother inviting me now for breakfast/lunch Morb Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes etc Smile Smile. The appetite I have here bounce bounce I'm affraid would be rather diminished by your description of your conditions there Smile Smile. cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 5:29 am

morb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
morb wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

lol!
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sponges !!!. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sponges !!!.   Sponges !!!. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sponges !!!.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: