Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» UK future of the sport.
by MISTY Today at 2:32 pm

» RAPTORS ARE LOVEABLE
by halcanada Today at 1:44 pm

» Young bird bath
by redrog Today at 10:54 am

» Weather today
by redrog Today at 10:51 am

» hi everyone
by oldstrain Today at 7:16 am

» Any Race Results This Weekend .
by Knackered Today at 5:48 am

» YB Dead....
by fieldwalker Today at 5:23 am

» Welcome Daz....
by Knackered Yesterday at 5:18 am

» mnfc one loft 2018
by Knackered Yesterday at 4:55 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David
 
Knackered
 
MISTY
 
halcanada
 
redrog
 
fieldwalker
 
Boosey
 
oldstrain
 
Rene A
 
Statistics
We have 1138 registered users
The newest registered user is Daz

Our users have posted a total of 168336 messages in 11146 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Knackered
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Spring is somewhere!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 78
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Spring is somewhere!   Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Not here yet!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 11341
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm

good grief snow Shocked we should see spring in the uk this week at long last been a while coming
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1201
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 62
Location : rhos, wrexham

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 pm

yer welcome to it hal, we on our way tomorrow, given sunny all week sunny bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 471
Join date : 2018-01-28
Age : 83
Location : SCARBOROUGH

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 pm

The only time you could guarantee the weather people had it correct is if they could give the (forecast) the next day.

No wind, you could fly a kite, clear skies. not here, see for miles, dense fog, the best way to know the weather situation is to get up early.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32103
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 pm

first day of springs 1st march isn't it........? scratch study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 78
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:01 am

Odd ball weather. But let out the old birds and they flew in the light snow. Good wind too. Why? Barn pigeons have survived all Winter. Some in the shed assume on eggs or young. Just above freezing so they were up and clapping wings. Then fielded for food. My birds did the usual. Flew good fielded, then chased hens etc,. Replaced a floor in one loft. Parts of it anyway. Slated for demolition. Cleaaned out due to East wind blowing snow and rain in some of the lofts. Stable Boy down. Shavings tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7469
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:05 am

halcanada wrote:
Odd ball weather. But let out the old birds and they flew in the light snow. Good wind too. Why? Barn pigeons have survived all Winter. Some in the shed assume on eggs or young. Just above freezing so they were up and clapping wings. Then fielded for food. My birds did the usual. Flew good fielded, then chased hens etc,. Replaced a floor in one loft. Parts of it anyway. Slated for demolition. Cleaaned out due to East wind blowing snow and rain in some of the lofts. Stable Boy down. Shavings tomorrow.  
Agree about the odd ball weather scenario Hal Smile Smile Summer type weather just continues on here & where 6 weeks out from winter type of thing. Even had record breaking temperatures around the country for April & some real bad bush fires, outside of the normal fire season as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
morb
Chipping
Chipping


Posts : 141
Join date : 2018-03-03
Location : Saskatchewan Canada

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:30 am

spring finally sprung here, +8 today the really dropped around here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7469
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 am

morb wrote:
spring finally sprung here, +8 today the really dropped around here
Glad to see, it appears to have finally arrived for you their Morb Smile Smile Absolute pain in the **** I suggest Wink Wink attempting to do anything with your birds with your winter type weather on average etc bounce bounce compared to those in a warmer type climate, like the old knackeroo Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 78
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:01 am

Another day of plus 3 then 8 and on up for a few days.Light snow now. 9 pm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
morb
Chipping
Chipping


Posts : 141
Join date : 2018-03-03
Location : Saskatchewan Canada

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 am

Knackered wrote:
compared to those in a warmer type climate, like the old knackeroo Wink Wink. cheers

i am defiantly envious of your weather for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7469
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 am

halcanada wrote:
Another day of plus 3 then 8 and on up for a few days.Light snow now. 9 pm.
Up, up up here also Hal Wink Wink 27/28 C tomorrow here going by the experts. Today Smile Smile 11 am bounce bounce 23C & sunny sunny sunny but I will just battle on as such lol! lol! lol! & just take the good with the bad type of thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1201
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 62
Location : rhos, wrexham

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Knackered wrote:
halcanada wrote:
Another day of plus 3 then 8 and on up for a few days.Light snow now. 9 pm.
Up, up up here also Hal Wink Wink 27/28 C tomorrow here going by the experts. Today Smile Smile 11 am bounce bounce 23C & sunny sunny sunny but I will just battle on as such lol! lol! lol! & just take the good with the bad type of thing Wink Wink. cheers
aye you poor thing, we hit the 20's yesterday, shorts&T shirt till October now lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 78
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7469
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 am

redrog wrote:
Knackered wrote:
halcanada wrote:
Another day of plus 3 then 8 and on up for a few days.Light snow now. 9 pm.
Up, up up here also Hal Wink Wink 27/28 C tomorrow here going by the experts. Today Smile Smile 11 am bounce bounce 23C & sunny sunny sunny but I will just battle on as such lol! lol! lol! & just take the good with the bad type of thing Wink Wink. cheers
aye you poor thing, we hit the 20's yesterday, shorts&T shirt till October now lol!
Thanks for your sympathy Redrog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink will help me no end, I suggest lol! lol! lol! when winter strikes here in around 5/6 weeks bounce bounce & Im still in the shorts & tee shirt trick etc Wink Wink. cheers
*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 471
Join date : 2018-01-28
Age : 83
Location : SCARBOROUGH

PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 am

Noddy or bikini weather, all attempting to reach the sands and the sea, problems, road and gas along with waterworks in nearly every street and road, i am sure they wait until they can cause the most misery, but hey, when you can finally move, what fun hitting all the pot holes and sleeping policemen etc;l.


Regards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Spring is somewhere!   

Back to top Go down
 
Spring is somewhere!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: