Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
ybs fun and games Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
ybs fun and games Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
ybs fun and games Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) ybs fun and games 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.ybs fun and games Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
ybs fun and games Vote_lcapybs fun and games Voting_barybs fun and games Vote_rcap 
David
ybs fun and games Vote_lcapybs fun and games Voting_barybs fun and games Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1297 registered users
    The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    ybs fun and games Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    ybs fun and games Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

ybs fun and games

Go down 
    +2
    friendsloft
    oldstrain
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 4:24 pm

had ybs out midday and heron went over the loft and ybs got spooked and the lot went up for the first time affraid all present and correct ,I don't breed a big team so like to keep hold of every yb I can ...my these ybs don't have give me the run around at this stage be glad when their up and kitting together ,hows things going for other members
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Mine have kitted up and doing half hour fingers crossed bred 30 still got 30
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 5:21 pm

mine flying round individually , not bunched up yet, but they will when they are ready I suppose..........since I put them on darkness it seems to be holding them back as regards to bunching / flying, not sure if others have this problem but its always the same with mine.

bred 19 for my self to race, got 17 due to idiot next door scaring them up .......... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm

I wil have about 26/28 ybs half are on the dark others being weaned this and next week will be natural
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm

ive more in the nest, but my yb section is only 6 x 6, so don't want to put any more than the 19 I would have had, 17 is ok for me.......

Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 6:07 pm

All mine on the darkness, going through the body moult nicely , but am thinking about breeding early next year, so they will be on natural darkness which i think will benefit the younguns instead of the forced darkness system
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 6:09 pm

ive thought about that ken, but don't know enough about it.........if you do breed early, will the ybs be moulted enough in the body, and what about the wing flights...?

when would they need to be paired up to do them natural darkness...?
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 6:14 pm

David you get rings 1st dec so you would need the younguns to be ready for ringing then , its winter breeding really its what the belgiums and dutch do, year i think they will have moulted through as the will have 3 months on natural darkness which is more than they get with the forced darkness as mine only go on it when clocks go forward and are taken off it early June , so yes i think it is possible this is just my reasoning others might have a different view
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm

so would they moult the wing flights, and if so all of them....or would they keep moulting them while racing ...?
    Back to top Go down
    friendsloft
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    friendsloft

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 pm

This im not sure about the only way is to try it next year thats my plan im hoping so as its at the back end with the season ie open gold rings and breeder/buyer ect which i have a go at when you need them in full wing
    Ken
    Back to top Go down
    redrog
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    redrog

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:12 pm

mine still on ground, dreading it as usual, twice as many this year and wont breed this many again Rolling Eyes
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 pm

redrog wrote:
    mine still on ground, dreading it as usual, twice as many this year and wont breed this many again Rolling Eyes

that's the danger time for me r/rog, always watching for cats or hawks.....once they are up and flying they are safer.
    Back to top Go down
    halcanada
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    halcanada

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:32 am

System some good fanciers use here. Rings available Jan 1st. Mate beginning of December. About the 10th. Let them grow on natural light until longest day of year. If your longest day is 15 hours then put on the lights on longest day (or week before) and leave them on that rest of season. They should all be through the moult by then. If not they will hold big flight. Pigeons differ. Light system? Watch this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktGmG7bD6pA
    Heres a short one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aF8qckCYHc
    Back to top Go down
    blueskylofts
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    blueskylofts

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

We had big computer problems - it just died last week - Nothing on the screen but the maker's name!

Anyway it is all fixed up thanks to my incredible computer man.

Our Young Birds - we have just under 50 young birds with around 15 more to come, then that will be it for this year. I don't know yet if I will breed a few at the end of the old bird season.

I think around 65 young birds should do us well. They are all bred from proven winning birds on both sides, so we will have to see.

We have had some fun and games though! Only around 15 are getting up and flying just yet, not really kitting up yet, just flying big circles and figures of eight in the sky right now.

On Saturday, early morning, we knew no birds would be coming anywhere near us, and it was a lovely morning, so we let the young birds out. Most of them just walk around the decking in front of their loft, fly on top of their loft, or come onto an extension to our house.

Then all of a sudden there was a big crash of wings, which at first I thought was yet another hawk strike, but I couldn't see any raptors. To cut a long story short, when we called them in we were 5 birds down, so we presumed we had had a flyaway or an unseen hawk was chasing them.

By Saturday night, two more had come back, and by Monday we only had two missing, but I noticed one who had come back that day wasn't looking very well, and when I picked it up, there was a gaping hole you could put half your fingers into between its thigh muscles and breast, and there was a rip in the flesh at the top of its chest and its crop was gaping open. Unfortunately it was so bad I had to cull it, which I really hated, because the poor thing had had the courage, the strength, and the know-how to come back to the loft. But I am sure, if I hadn't put the poor thing out of its misery, it would have died later on that day.

However, when we counted up the birds after their breakfast, we had every one back, which is good.

We have built a huge basket type thing which sits on the decking outside the young bird loft and is at least two metres long by a metre wide and a metre high. The rest of the distance between the top of the basket and the top of the open door is made up of a strong panel which is covered with netting. It has bars at several different levels where the birds can perch and look around at their setting. It really amazes me how some birds who have only spent two or three days looking around their loft from this cage and maybe a day on the loft roof, can be away from the loft a couple of days and find their way back.

I am trusting that this will reflect well when it comes to racing.

All the best to everybody at this difficult time of the pigeon season. It must be hard if you are trying to train old birds for the racing season, and trying to get your young birds up and working together.

Phil
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.philongold.net
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am

yes its a busy time just now phil with old birds ybs and Alfie pirat but the devil makes work for idle hands atb for yb season
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

ybs fun and games Empty
    PostSubject: Re: ybs fun and games   ybs fun and games Empty

Back to top Go down

ybs fun and games
    Page 1 of 1