Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
What to do with eight later bred young birds Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What to do with eight later bred young birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 101 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What to do with eight later bred young birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What to do with eight later bred young birds Vote_lcapWhat to do with eight later bred young birds Voting_barWhat to do with eight later bred young birds Vote_rcap 
David
What to do with eight later bred young birds Vote_lcapWhat to do with eight later bred young birds Voting_barWhat to do with eight later bred young birds Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What to do with eight later bred young birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What to do with eight later bred young birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What to do with eight later bred young birds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

What to do with eight later bred young birds Empty
PostSubject: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:13 am

I have 40 youngsters on the darkness system. They are towards the end of their moult but not yet really roaming.

I also have EIGHT later bred young birds out of our very best breeding pairs.

At the moment they are housed in a small section next to our stock hens, but not together with the hens. They are feeding and drinking really well and finding their way onto perches without any problems.

I don't know what to do with them!

I don't feel I can put them together with the rest of our young birds for several reasons:-

1. They will hold the rest back and probably stop them roaming properly.

2. Because they can fly but not too well yet, they might be a nuisance flying up onto our house roof (or the neighbour's house).

3. I don't feel I can put them on the darkness system for only 4 weeks. Goodness knows what that might do to them.

Logistically, there is no way I can get them to come in and out of the small section they are in at the moment.

I don't know what to do - Any ideas please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:30 am

hi, If you feel they will get in the way and be more of a hindrance, offer them to a new starter maybe?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptyFri May 25, 2018 2:59 pm

I can't give them away, they are far too valuable to give them away.

In fact, I think I will sell them. I have a buyer for two of the 8 already.

The Six remaining young birds that are left are:-

Two Pure Jos Thone - from
Sire's Side - Sire - Mr Emperor, g sire Emperor, g dam Zarina
Dam - Geisha Girl, g sire Emperor, g dam daughter of Poco

Dam's Side Pure Jos Thone - full sister to Princess Poco
Sire - The Matrix, g dam Paranegra
Dam - Poco Dream, g g sires - Kleine Molenaar, The Red Barcelona

Sire Two Pure Jos Thone, Cock flew RPRA One Loft Race 2017 and did well in the ACE results
Paired to its mother - see below
Dam's Side - Dam - Pure Jos Thone, mother of One Loft Race bird above
Sire – Poco Real Madrid, in bloodline has Poco
Dam - Nintendo, in blood line has Poco, Kleine Molenaar

Two - Matt Rakes x Jos Thone
Sire's Side - Sire - Matt Rakes Deweerdt
Sire - Brother of Indy
Dam - daughter of Dromer

Dam's Side - Dam - Pure Jos Thone (little Red)
Sire - son of The Red Barcelona, in bloodline has Vale Cahors
Dam - Poco Dream Girl, in bloodline has The Red Barcelona, Kleine Molenaar, Poco

For full details and prices, contact me at blueskylofts56@yahoo.com

Phil
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptyFri May 25, 2018 11:44 pm

Not having a pop, just wondering why you bred them in the first place knowing you might end up in this scenario??
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptySat May 26, 2018 12:03 am

barnie wrote:
Not having a pop, just wondering why you bred them in the first place knowing you might end up in this scenario??
Neither am I Barnie Wink Wink. But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I was just curious etc bounce bounce if these youngsters of Phil's Smile Smile are bred off those birds he was up in arms about here recently, because he felt he had been dudded in a big, big way because of there condition quality & not being what he thought they were as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptySat May 26, 2018 2:08 am

Knackered. Thought those birds he mentioned while back came off another person?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptySat May 26, 2018 7:28 am

halcanada wrote:

YES you are right Hal.

The 8 birds we are talking about are bred from our very best breeders. NOT the ones I had problems with.

By the way that has all been sorted out now!  And if you remember, we were able to get some REAL Ad S's stock birds because of someone's very kind help.

These 8 birds (now 6 because I have sold two of them) we bred specifically for us because we were able to float another round from our best 4 breeding pairs.  At the time, we thought they would augment the few we might lose during the season.  Kind of a 'Back-up'.

However, that was way back and I didn't think things through OR I didn't appreciate or know what position we would be in when it came time to wean these 8 young birds.  We just don't have the room as things stand right now.

Our lofts are not as I want them by a long way, I haven't had the energy or health to do what I wanted to do yet - etc, etc etc!

By the way Knackered - I would NEVER try and sell 2nd rate birds, or what I knew to be second rate birds.  I would NEVER have rubbish birds in my loft for a start.  If I bought what I thought were quality birds, and they turned out to be no good - they would be GONE!  So you don't need to worry about what birds I have!!!!  

If you had looked at the synopsis (short pedigree) of the birds I am thinking of selling you would see that NOWHERE does it mention Ad Schaerlaeckens! The birds I am talking about are Jos Thone.

I am only a PM away if you want to find out things about me or my birds.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds EmptySat May 26, 2018 9:53 am

blueskylofts wrote:
halcanada wrote:

YES you are right Hal.

The 8 birds we are talking about are bred from our very best breeders. NOT the ones I had problems with.

By the way that has all been sorted out now!  And if you remember, we were able to get some REAL Ad S's stock birds because of someone's very kind help.

These 8 birds (now 6 because I have sold two of them) we bred specifically for us because we were able to float another round from our best 4 breeding pairs.  At the time, we thought they would augment the few we might lose during the season.  Kind of a 'Back-up'.

However, that was way back and I didn't think things through OR I didn't appreciate or know what position we would be in when it came time to wean these 8 young birds.  We just don't have the room as things stand right now.

Our lofts are not as I want them by a long way, I haven't had the energy or health to do what I wanted to do yet - etc, etc etc!

By the way Knackered - I would NEVER try and sell 2nd rate birds, or what I knew to be second rate birds.  I would NEVER have rubbish birds in my loft for a start.  If I bought what I thought were quality birds, and they turned out to be no good - they would be GONE!  So you don't need to worry about what birds I have!!!!  

If you had looked at the synopsis (short pedigree) of the birds I am thinking of selling you would see that NOWHERE does it mention Ad Schaerlaeckens!  The birds I am talking about are Jos Thone.

I am only a PM away if you want to find out things about me or my birds.

Phil
OK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes appears thou, Hal has a far better memory than me Phil Smile Smile etc. Thanks for the offer of a private email type of thing also Wink Wink but I'm a miserable old git lol! lol! lol! so will just that one slide for the time being Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with eight later bred young birds   What to do with eight later bred young birds Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do with eight later bred young birds
Page 1 of 1