Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» GUTTED !!!!
by MISTY Today at 8:15 pm

» York Road & District Flying Club
by David Today at 4:32 pm

» Great Faith etc !!!.
by oldstrain Today at 2:59 pm

» Goodbye old club
by halcanada Today at 2:18 pm

» Weather today
by Daz Today at 1:24 pm

» Trainer from today
by Knackered Today at 12:02 am

» TIME FOR FINGERS OUT
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» Rapido1988 Welcome....
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» YB Back !!!
by David Yesterday at 8:32 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, Lofty, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David
 
oldstrain
 
MISTY
 
Knackered
 
Daz
 
Lofty
 
halcanada
 
redrog
 
chuda
 
peel bros
 
Statistics
We have 1142 registered users
The newest registered user is rapido1988

Our users have posted a total of 169396 messages in 11192 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
oldstrain
 
IANYOUNG
 
peel bros
 
Knackered
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Farewell from Romedius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Romedius2
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)


Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 am

Evening fellas. I was on this forum some months back. Lost my password, and had a hard time getting back on.

I had a great breeding season this year, but have lost the war to the BOPS. My race teams were hit hard as soon as they started to route. I've lost 32 birds that I can confirm were falcon/hawk kills, as we have collected the remnants.
We tried EVERYTHING. Too expensive to keep on feeding the BOPS.

Special thanks to David, Hal, fieldwalker, and good ol' knackaroo. I took notes gentlemen. I thank all of you sincerely. I don't know any of you, but wish you well. I hope Europe won't fall uterly, i will keep you in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7600
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 am

Romedius2 wrote:
Evening fellas.  I was on this forum some months back.  Lost my password, and had a hard time getting back on.  

I had a great breeding season this year, but have lost the war to the BOPS.  My race teams were hit hard as soon as they started to route.  I've lost 32 birds that I can confirm were falcon/hawk kills, as we have collected the remnants.  
We tried EVERYTHING.  Too expensive to keep on feeding the BOPS.  

Special thanks to David, Hal, fieldwalker, and good ol' knackaroo.  I took notes gentlemen.  I thank all of you sincerely. I don't know any of you, but wish you well.  I hope Europe won't fall uterly,  i will keep you in my prayers.  
Disappointing news Rom. Tragic when one finds themselves in your sad type of situation I suggest. Could still thou maybe keep & breed a few for OLR type of thing or even go into the fancy side of the sport were many get great enjoyment from etc. As always Smile Smile your choice & whatever you do down the track, take care & enjoy Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32276
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 am

hi rom, good to hear from you again......we wondered where you were.

sorry to hear about you problems with the bops, it must be heart breaking for this to happen, lets hope things get better some time in the future, and you can start again, are you still keeping any in the loft or for pets...?

if your having a break from the pigeons, maybe you could still pop on to contribute to the forum, your posts were always interesting, and they don't always have to be pigeon related.

if you want, I can re set your password on your old account, so you can use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 596
Join date : 2018-01-28
Age : 83
Location : SCARBOROUGH

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 am

I know the feeling having to part with our feathered friends after 75 years and more but I feel you could take up the showing side of the sport.

It has many benifits over the racing side, you can always strangle the judge for instance.

You see all the competition and there is no need to feed the BOP.

Those involved are always helpful and the actual shows enjoyable.

I like your reference to God the world needs him more than ever at this particular time.

Regards.



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 596
Join date : 2018-01-28
Age : 83
Location : SCARBOROUGH

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 am

I know the feeling having to part with our feathered friends after 75 years  and more but I feel you could take up the showing side of the sport.

It has many benifits over the racing side, you can always strangle the judge for instance.

You see all the competition and there is no need to feed the BOP.

Those involved are  always helpful and the actual shows enjoyable.

I like your reference to God the world needs him more than ever at this particular time.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
Romedius2
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)


Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Knackered wrote:
Romedius2 wrote:
Evening fellas.  I was on this forum some months back.  Lost my password, and had a hard time getting back on.  

I had a great breeding season this year, but have lost the war to the BOPS.  My race teams were hit hard as soon as they started to route.  I've lost 32 birds that I can confirm were falcon/hawk kills, as we have collected the remnants.  
We tried EVERYTHING.  Too expensive to keep on feeding the BOPS.  

Special thanks to David, Hal, fieldwalker, and good ol' knackaroo.  I took notes gentlemen.  I thank all of you sincerely. I don't know any of you, but wish you well.  I hope Europe won't fall uterly,  i will keep you in my prayers.  
Disappointing news Rom. Tragic when one finds themselves in your sad type of situation I suggest. Could still thou maybe keep & breed a few for OLR type of thing or even go into the fancy side of the sport were many get great enjoyment from etc. As always Smile Smile your choice & whatever you do down the track, take care & enjoy Wink Wink. cheers

Yes sir Knackered. I'm keeping the survivors. I love watching them fly. I fixed the carb in a leaf blower to get the feathers off the lawn. lol! The show side of the sport is interesting, but it is learning, and working with a team that I really enjoy.
Maybe the next generation can return my country to the ideals the country was founded on. The baby boomers sure rained destruction on freedom... I was desperate to get in touch with you gentlemen, but without a password the link trying to set up a new account wouldn't work. I figured I was banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius2
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)


Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:59 pm

David wrote:
hi rom, good to hear from you again......we wondered where you were.

sorry to hear about you problems with the bops, it must be heart breaking for this to happen, lets hope things get better some time in the future, and you can start again, are you still keeping any in the loft or for pets...?

if your having a break from the pigeons, maybe you could still pop on to contribute to the forum, your posts were always interesting, and they don't always have to be pigeon related.

if you want, I can re set your password on your old account, so you can use it.

Thank you David. That is a kind and gracious offer. I would like to keep in touch. All of you have been excellent help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romedius2
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)


Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:02 pm

MISTY wrote:
I know the feeling having to part with our feathered friends after 75 years  and more but I feel you could take up the showing side of the sport.

It has many benifits over the racing side, you can always strangle the judge for instance.

You see all the competition and there is no need to feed the BOP.

Those involved are  always helpful and the actual shows enjoyable.

I like your reference to God the world needs him more than ever at this particular time.

Regards.

I may look into tipplers more actually. Seeing three bops working together though is a bit spooky though. We will see how things progress...off to work. I hope it doesn't snow today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32276
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:13 pm

hi rom, I don't think you can send messages until you have made 10 posts, but you might be able to receive them/ read them....,,ill send you a pm with a temporary password, so you can log into your original account, you can then alter it to one of your choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 78
Location : Southern Ontario. Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 am

Hi rom. I am not sure of were you live or the size of your property. However. Consider this. It would work for me but I am out in the country.
Hawks, raptors getting your birds. If you have the space, put up a small shed. Fill with chickens. Enclose the space with wire netting. Long and narrow run. Will leave it to your imagination but accros the top put bars or spacing or similiar. Just enough apart so the raptors can get in but not fly up and out. Variation of the Swedish Goshawk trap.
The raptors should get in, eat or kill a chicken then try to get out with or without the chicken. After the raptors have eaten, they should leave your birds alone. The ones that do escape. They have been fed. Only so many raptors in a given area.
It should go a long way to alleviate your problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 11513
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:59 am

nobody likes to hear of anyone in such a predicament with their feathered friends but I do hope you can find a way to still have some enjoyment from the pigeons as has already been mentioned ....god luck in your endeavours atb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 7600
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am

Romedius2 wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Romedius2 wrote:
Evening fellas.  I was on this forum some months back.  Lost my password, and had a hard time getting back on.  

I had a great breeding season this year, but have lost the war to the BOPS.  My race teams were hit hard as soon as they started to route.  I've lost 32 birds that I can confirm were falcon/hawk kills, as we have collected the remnants.  
We tried EVERYTHING.  Too expensive to keep on feeding the BOPS.  

Special thanks to David, Hal, fieldwalker, and good ol' knackaroo.  I took notes gentlemen.  I thank all of you sincerely. I don't know any of you, but wish you well.  I hope Europe won't fall uterly,  i will keep you in my prayers.  
Disappointing news Rom. Tragic when one finds themselves in your sad type of situation I suggest. Could still thou maybe keep & breed a few for OLR type of thing or even go into the fancy side of the sport were many get great enjoyment from etc. As always Smile Smile your choice & whatever you do down the track, take care & enjoy Wink Wink. cheers

Yes sir Knackered.  I'm keeping the survivors.  I love watching them fly.  I fixed the carb in a leaf blower to get the feathers off the lawn. lol!   The show side of the sport is interesting, but it is learning, and working with a team that I really enjoy.  
Maybe the next generation can return my country to the ideals the country was founded on.  The baby boomers sure rained destruction on freedom...   I was desperate to get in touch with you gentlemen, but without a password the link trying to set up a new account wouldn't work.  I figured I was banned.  
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Sir knackered lol! lol! lol! steady on Rom Wink Wink keep that up etc bounce bounce & I will be up there I suggest with our Sir Ray here lol! lol! lol! & there is no room at the top of the mountain for 2 I suspect I'm affraid especially, when one is a Geordie type etc Smile Smile. Now Rom Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes do I have a tale to tell, about a bloke that thought he was bullet proof as such Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that should make you feel some what that your not on your on when sh*te happens etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. For the moment here, time is short bounce bounce so just think Rota virus Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & an old fella "who knows absolutely nothing" swimming in sh*te sadly like he has never seen in his life time before. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32276
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:59 am

did you get your pm rom...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Farewell from Romedius   

Back to top Go down
 
Farewell from Romedius
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: