Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» GUTTED !!!!
by MISTY Today at 8:15 pm

» York Road & District Flying Club
by David Today at 4:32 pm

» Great Faith etc !!!.
by oldstrain Today at 2:59 pm

» Goodbye old club
by halcanada Today at 2:18 pm

» Weather today
by Daz Today at 1:24 pm

» Trainer from today
by Knackered Today at 12:02 am

» TIME FOR FINGERS OUT
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» Rapido1988 Welcome....
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» YB Back !!!
by David Yesterday at 8:32 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, Lofty, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

oldstrain

MISTY

Knackered

Daz

Lofty

halcanada

redrog

chuda

peel bros

Statistics
We have 1142 registered users
The newest registered user is rapido1988

Our users have posted a total of 169396 messages in 11192 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Training Disaster....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 pm

My god, got one turned up this afternoon from last Monday, mmm, makes you think where he’s been, he’s in good nick, so thank you to whoever has been looking after him, at least he still got his life ring on
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm

glad to hear one made it home, possibly someones fed him up and liberated him when hes ready, that's another one for the team eh cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:56 am

Lofty wrote:
My god, got one turned up this afternoon from last Monday, mmm, makes you think where he’s been, he’s in good nick, so thank you to whoever has been looking after him, at least he still got his life ring on
One of the lucky ones Lofty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suggest. He made it home etc. Absolute mystery on average at times where many of the lost birds finish up. Even had one bloke here Smile Smile said his lost birds all went down a particular valley here, miles from where they should have been on race day. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! known as the M'c Pherson's Valley bounce bounce here for all lost birds & his name is now written in stone for ever as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:40 am

David wrote:
glad to hear one made it home, possibly someones fed him up and liberated him when hes ready, that's another one for the team eh cheers

Yeah, just glad to have him back David, I know people get them back with the ring cut off, get him rested for a while then back on the road, see if he drops back into whoever had him in
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 am

Lofty wrote:

Think it most likely the pigeon HASN'T been in a loft. Fact is that away from home for a while looking after them elves they condition themselves very well indeed. Very often in fact sent the next race they do exceptionally well.
Indeed I often wonder why this is the first and by some the only thought.
I never mind a rubber- personally - or the E.T ring took off. This lets me know that someone has fed and water the bird... a small cost indeed and as such allows us to know and make any decision in that regards etc. JMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

Another thought here. If ring left on and it returns to the new loft a couple of time, and the loft owner does - as many do - sends it up the road. Comes well, then he may report it hoping to transfer it... many are even sent to a race or two first. The fact I'm sorry to say.

Indeed was a time when this was rife. Tested up front.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:30 am

Oh if only the pigeon could talk?

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 pm

hoping to send 10 this weekend, 1st race for them........ pale affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:16 pm

It would appear that with the weather being of an unusual nature it is having an adverse effect on pigeons both here and abroad, reading the continental approach, do not train in very hot weather.

One approach could be how do you feel after the continued very hot weather, for myself all I want to do is get back to more normal weather because this lot is draining.

Why not put young bird racing back a few weeks, the weather in the latter part of the year is often ideal racing weather and the pigeons would be in a better moulting position.

Wild birds have to travel further for their food in the worst weather possible in the autumn and winter months???????.

Until fanciers start looking for alternatives and possible solutions ?????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 am

MISTY wrote:
It would appear that with the weather being of an unusual nature it is having an adverse effect on pigeons both here and abroad, reading the continental approach, do not train in very hot weather.

One approach could be how do you feel after the continued very hot weather, for myself all I want to do is get back to more normal weather because this lot is draining.

Why not put young bird racing back a few weeks, the weather in the latter part of the year is often ideal racing weather and the pigeons would be in a better moulting position.

Wild birds have to travel further for their food in the worst weather possible in the autumn and winter months???????.

Until fanciers start looking for alternatives and possible solutions ?????.

Regards.  

Will always have the believer types I suggest Misty Wink Wink & the non believer types with how the weather is changing on average in different areas racing pigeons etc. Old age builds a memory bank on the issue I suggest, but it means little I suspect to the non believers that will not even consider changing the time & how they race as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:07 am

Been an advocator for years that we breed too early etc. Also time to alter the race programme.

had a thought you know regards of those that say - may be some truth who knows - regards the like of the Air waves full of Phone signals etc. Yet never test via a phone for a signal from where they are liberating for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:37 am

Daz wrote:
Been an advocator for years that we breed too early etc. Also time to alter the race programme.

had a thought you know regards of those that say - may be some truth who knows - regards the like of the Air waves full of Phone signals etc.  Yet never test via a phone for a signal from where they are liberating for example.
Maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the unknown & the fear factor etc Daz Smile Smile that stops certain types thinking outside of the box type of thing when considering change as such. End of the day bounce bounce can things really get much worse than now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad when the horror type stories keep piling up all around us come race day Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:52 am

got a toss in early doors before it got too hot all went well, released the 20 in 2 batches ,all being well last toss tomorrow before sundays race ...weather permitting as it don't look good for sunday racing at present
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:21 pm

glad to hear training is going well Darren, I missed today, let them flutter around home.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:51 pm

We managed one from Cardiff early today, 35miles, libbed at 7am, birds took their time and came in small batches, 4s and 5s, 1 has been hit but looks like wires rather than a hawk strike,3 missing tonight but hopeful of them in the morning,

Young bird training, god don’t it make you age quick Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 am

oldstrain wrote:
got a toss in early doors before it got too hot all went well, released the 20 in 2 batches ,all being well last toss tomorrow before sundays race ...weather permitting as it don't look good for sunday racing at present
Same, same Smile Smile 20 miler into the wind etc. After last nights $650 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes payout I had to sweet talk the missus again bounce bounce I'm affraid for another $350 for grain down where I tossed as such Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. New bloke at the grain store, asked me is there any money in pigeons lol!lol! lol! & I said yes, if you eat them in place of chickens for sustenance Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 am

Training has gone ok with team 1 and team 2.
Dropped about 6 team 1 there 5th toss, everyone seemed to get a poor toss that day,seemed perfect..
Team 2 only getting 2 or3 max races starting 3 weeks time
Team 1 tomorrow affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:24 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Training has gone ok with team 1 and team 2.
Dropped about 6 team 1 there 5th toss, everyone seemed to get a poor toss that day,seemed perfect..
Team 2 only getting 2 or3 max races starting 3 weeks time
Team 1 tomorrow affraid
Be brave FW Smile Smile No need to be a wimpy type etc lol! lol! lol! it just will not do I suggest Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:51 am

Very Happy i don't worry,will have plenty left for next season.
Can't lose them all can i... Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:09 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Very Happy i don't worry,will have plenty left for next season.
Can't lose them all can i... Question
lol! lol! lol! Short answer Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Yes lol! lol! lol! & if your looking for some advise on the subject FW Smile Smile I have some real experts down here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that could help you along the way etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:20 am

had our last toss today before the first race well the darkies did but the naturals never went they had disappeared for 3 hours all in the loft now though and the toss itself went well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:33 am

glad to hear alls well Darren, good luck for sunday....... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 am

still not heard from our lot as to what they are doing Shocked don't look good for sunday or Saturday racing down here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:09 am

Now, due to the weather, and obviously beyond our control, this week – end it could well be a bad race, or worse.
Today, or all week, one has had the chance to think about sending, if they want to or not.
Some might say, and others follow to spout the same 'I've got my pigeons to race... if I wanted pigeons to sit around looking pretty I would have Fantails'.

Now I'd wager, come Saturday night or after, if it is a smash or such, if many then feel that they lost some good birds 'Others' will be blamed. Yes one and many. Whims of what and could / should etc. spouted. Countless moans and grievances will abound... Maybe one should look in the mirror ask questions of what and why and what and could be thought about. But don't whinge and moan.... you paid to send then, not paid for others to take the flake.

Last edited by Daz on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:20 am

our race on Saturday is from Ilkeston 57 miles, unsure what to do..........its not far, but this is their first race. Suspect scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   

Back to top Go down

Training Disaster....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: