Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Spotless loft. Good results. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Spotless loft. Good results. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Spotless loft. Good results. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Spotless loft. Good results. Vote_lcapSpotless loft. Good results. Voting_barSpotless loft. Good results. Vote_rcap 
David
Spotless loft. Good results. Vote_lcapSpotless loft. Good results. Voting_barSpotless loft. Good results. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Spotless loft. Good results. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Spotless loft. Good results. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Spotless loft. Good results.

Go down 
+3
Knackered
MISTY
halcanada
7 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Spotless loft. Good results. Empty
PostSubject: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 10:14 am

Tried to get the things I would be interested in from the video, appears a form of advertising, and I cannot spend an hour over mundane matters.

The fact is not if you win races but how, as I have said many times you can make a bear dance etc; but HOW.

You can win races by means not to the benefit of the pigeons life, which I would not be interested in.

If one is only interested in making money a few porkies does not go adrift.

Success depends on exactly what one wants and expects to gain from participating,

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 1:04 am

Misty. Your pigeon world or vision of it, is long gone. Or headed that way. Fanciers love winners! They buy the best they can afford from a reputable racer/breeder. The more wins the seller gets the price of the birds go up. It is a multi-million dollar business. Winners have a better chance of breeding winners than the hit and miss approach. If a bird was bought from a loft like the one in the video then it is obvious the same techniques/methods should be used as much as possible. If put in a loft with deep litter then anything may happen. Better or worse. 96% of people racing do so to WIN! They feel pride when they do good. Disapointment when at the bottom of the sheet. But they carry on and keep trying and eventually win. But to keep up the winning ways is a nightmare! Hence the change of feed, routine, breeding stock etc,. The guy in the video is a World Champion! Year after year. Sure he advertises. Why not? That is his business! There is a part in there when he was asked about young birds and losses. Breeds 200 and ends up with 70. They race every week. I do not agree with all his methods but I did learn a few things. That is the whole point of watching videos and being in Forums. There is aways a nugget or two of information one can use. If used correctly they can improve a fanciers loft. I am always learning!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 2:42 am

halcanada wrote:
Misty. Your pigeon world or vision of it, is long gone. Or headed that way. Fanciers love winners! They buy the best they can afford from a reputable racer/breeder. The more wins the seller gets the price of the birds go up. It is a multi-million dollar business. Winners have a better chance of breeding winners than the hit and miss approach. If a bird was bought from a loft like the one in the video then it is obvious the same techniques/methods should be used as much as possible. If put in a loft with deep litter then anything may happen. Better or worse. 96% of people racing do so to WIN! They feel pride when they do good. Disapointment when at the bottom of the sheet. But they carry on and keep trying and eventually win. But to keep up the winning ways is a nightmare! Hence the change of feed, routine, breeding stock etc,. The guy in the video is a World Champion! Year after year. Sure he advertises. Why not? That is his business! There is a part in there when he was asked about young birds and losses. Breeds 200 and ends up with 70. They race every week. I do not agree with all his methods but I did learn a few things. That is the whole point of watching videos and being in Forums. There is aways a nugget or two of information one can use. If used correctly they can improve a fanciers loft. I am always learning!  
Agree Wink Wink & disagree with some of your thoughts etc Hal Smile Smile. Talking to my Geordie mate last night here "Absolute waffle" but enjoyable etc lol! lol! lol! about another Pom bounce bounce that come down to the centre last Friday to join up as such. He mentioned he has to go to one of our chook farmer types down the bottom here to pick up one of his birds lost in a race/toss. Suggest he take the new member Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes down there to show what he is up against bounce bounce Lofts bigger than the average house Smile Smile more medications on tap Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad than the average man would spend on food in a year, for his whole family & his little lean too/shack there for waiting for his pigeons is posher than both of our houses Smile Smile & to help the new flyer build some confidence, he needs only to put in 380 odd birds a week to be on a level playing field Smile Smile. Nearly forgot a small issue lol! lol! lol! also Smile Smile the poor man, is on struggle street counting his pennies as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as the word is, he sadly inherited Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 13 million odd dollars Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 8:20 am

halcanada wrote:
Hour long video. Interesting!
https://www.pigeonracingpigeon.com/champion-fanciers/interview-with-world-champion-jos-thone/

Thanks for the link, just started watching this; lots to learn from this guy!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Great video

But Jos has loads off people working for him cant take anything away from him as a pigeon man top quality but when you Marry the sister of one of the top pigeon vets in Belguim well it all helps hey Wink Wink Wink

We normal fanciers don't have that type off luxury
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 pm

different world Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 2:07 pm

yes indeed it is rog
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 7:00 pm

If this fancier or anyone like him would get a loft on an allotment, keep the average number of pigeons and send the same, treat them to any way he wanted, clinical, filthy or anything else, I would expect to beat him more times than he beat me.

It is only his exceptional financial circumstances and other advantages that has enabled him to buy success, if one can call it that.

It is fanciers??? like him that have almost ruined the sport for the real fancier.

If a fancier thinks in getting pigeons from such fanciers he/she is home and dry, think again, just look at how many pigeons he loses.

What may happen, a fancier pays over the odds for pigeons and then starts to treat them better because of the cost of purchasing them, had he she given the same attention that they replaced????

Money, Money, Money, the downfall of everything when those involved make it a priority.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 7:23 pm

some good points made misty jos thone has had more clearance sales than argos and indeed I feel its all about the money with him ,some remarkable performances though from his lofts/team
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 3:40 am

redrog wrote:
different world Rolling Eyes
Agree Rog Smile Smile unfortunately from my perspective & I would suggest Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes because they belong to a different type world it is part of the problem we have with declining membership etc in many parts. Not a problem being rich bounce bounce as such, but if they loose focus on how the average man races his pigeons with all the other living costs they have these days as a burden on average, it is just another nail in the coffin type of thing from my way of thinking. Now  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes a small, local example. Tonight is pay up night here "BIG TIME". Before one puts a bird in a basket  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad for this Saturday here. Chook farmer type $2/3000 plus up front. Knackered old pensioner  lol!  lol!  lol! $600 plus  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad plus $50 to just put my small race team in for Saturday  Smile  Smile.   cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 10:53 am

Over 40 years ago and many times since I have written in the BHW advocating making the cost of sending the pigeons exactly what it costs, after taking all the other commitments into consideration and letting those interested in flying for money do so by pooling to their hearts content, but as with many other suggestions I have made for the benefit of the sport the money mad are not interested so the actual grass root fancier with limited means is punished.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 6:40 am

MISTY wrote:
Over 40 years ago and many times since I have written in the BHW advocating making the cost of sending the pigeons exactly what it costs, after taking all the other commitments into consideration and letting those interested in flying for money do so by pooling to their hearts content, but as with many other suggestions I have made for the benefit of the sport the money mad are not interested so the actual grass root fancier with limited means is punished.

Regards.
The system we have here Misty is a crap/killer for the average man who watches his pennies to survive as such. 2nd race, we must nominate Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes how many pigeons we intend to race for the 16 odd Fed Races over the season after our first 4 club races etc. Nominate big & loose sadly big time early on, like many have with the Rota virus issue here bounce bounce & the pocket feels the pain Wink Wink in rather a dramatic way  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 am

Nothing new, back in the good old days plenty fanciers with money, professional types, landowners with large teams, palatial lofts and full time helpers. There was an old black and white photo in the BHW a while back, double decker lofts the length of a street of houses, I think it was in Scotland I guess 50-60 years ago. Was money the only thing driving these fanciers ?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:02 am

barnie wrote:
Nothing new, back in the good old days plenty fanciers with money, professional types, landowners with large teams, palatial lofts and full time helpers. There was an old black and white photo in the BHW a while back, double decker lofts the length of a street of houses, I think it was in Scotland I guess 50-60 years ago. Was money the only thing driving these fanciers ?
I suggest not Barnie Smile Smile One isn't required to be poor as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to appreciate the good side of pigeons etc. Here I'm told Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the China types are our future Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but fortunately Smile Smile I'm old enough, that they will have little bearing on me Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Having experienced the sport for over 75 years the money factor has increased beyond belief.

Races are promoted and advertised on the possible prize money, this was not the case many years ago when the miners were the majority of fanciers.

There were the odd rich who took up the sport but they were a minority,and those with money who would challenge each other but the vast majority were grass root fanmciers.

However, it is the state the sport is in now that matters and making excuses does not help matters, what is needed is changes so that the existing fanciers have a better time and there is something to offer potential fanciers.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Knackered.
Iam not realy up to date as to what the Chinese are doing regarding our sport, but the rediculous prices they are prepared to pay for pigeons is beyond me, the only thing I can put it down to is the population involved and the possibility of getting more than their money back by selling the young based on what they paid forvthe parents, similar to what happened when studs here were started.

Not forgetting the gambling mentallity well known to be a main occupation by many Chinese.

We can take sollace in the fact, Knackered, that we have lived in the best ever times, never to be experienced again, and I thank the Lord for that.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 12:19 am

MISTY wrote:
Knackered.
              Iam not realy up to date as to what the Chinese are doing regarding our sport, but the rediculous prices they are prepared to pay for pigeons is beyond me, the only thing I can put it down to is the population involved and the possibility of getting more than their money back by selling the young based on what they paid forvthe parents, similar to what happened when studs here were started.

Not forgetting the gambling mentallity well known to be a main occupation by many Chinese.

We can take sollace in the fact, Knackered, that we have lived in the best ever times, never to be experienced again, and I thank the Lord for that.

Regards.

Agree  about the last part above etc Misty Smile Smile. Not all that much Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes unfortunately that I see in the future, inspires me I'm affraid also. But in the Big picture these days, it means little what my views are I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotless loft. Good results.   Spotless loft. Good results. Empty

Back to top Go down

Spotless loft. Good results.
Page 1 of 1