Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» GUTTED !!!!
by MISTY Today at 8:15 pm

» York Road & District Flying Club
by David Today at 4:32 pm

» Great Faith etc !!!.
by oldstrain Today at 2:59 pm

» Goodbye old club
by halcanada Today at 2:18 pm

» Weather today
by Daz Today at 1:24 pm

» Trainer from today
by Knackered Today at 12:02 am

» TIME FOR FINGERS OUT
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» Rapido1988 Welcome....
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» YB Back !!!
by David Yesterday at 8:32 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, Lofty, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

oldstrain

MISTY

Knackered

Daz

Lofty

halcanada

redrog

chuda

peel bros

Statistics
We have 1142 registered users
The newest registered user is rapido1988

Our users have posted a total of 169396 messages in 11192 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Culling birds.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:03 pm

The definition of cruelty is pretty widespread, to be pedantic almost every animal kept could be said to be subject to cruelty at some time or another, intentional or not, too kind, can be as bad as being brutal in terms for what is good or bad in the animals interests.

Humans have not devised a system that makes cruelty amongst it's own kind a thing odf the past, in fact it grows in many ways every day, just read the news.

The fact is that to any normal human being cruel in any form should not be an option but??????.

In the animal life, one life depends on the death of another in most instances and often not in the most delightful ways, so it also depends on what you believe life is all about.

How, when and where???.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Was with the Animal rescue Service', A voluntary lot. Was involved in some national goings on as well.
Often called out and many things surprised me. Also was the name- still am - with the Police station in regards 'Pigeons etc.

Any way day was up town shopping with the good lady where a fellow, be in his thirties had a stall and rattling tin. Like the RSPCA ONLY time seen when a out cry in the media meant a good time to line the pockets
He was bleating rubbish etc. So I crossed over and told him I agreed whole heartedly... that wasn't it about time, instead of causing damages etc. that 'WE' made a converted effort to show the public we are genuine and prepared to be counted. I'd got a few around now and he 'Agreed' thinking I was an idiot too I guess. Said I to him 'How about us refusing any medical help or anything that helped towards reducing pain, or whatsoever where the results gained had in any way made an animal suffer … Why don't we have amputations for instances whilst wide awake... did on the boats at war times a couple of hundred years ago.. stuck you with HOT TAR stop the bleeding etc. and sealed the skin etc. up... Now that would make a difference and show how genuine you are... he splutter and I said I have a lot more ideas in that regards … he packed up and left, so I called out 'I take it that means you don't care that much then'!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:48 pm

The RSPA are like many other so called societies for one thing or another.

The facts, the RSPCA is a big business with fingers in many pies, they put down many healthy animals every year but put adverts on the TV etc; showing operating on ill treated animals that appeal to the old dears who fall for it and put their pension money towards what they think is helping animals instead of high salaries for those involved in the administration of matters that have nothing to do with saving animals from being cruelty treated.

Attempts have been made to expose them but they have friends in high places that are probably just as corrupt as they are.

Their assets for a so called charity are laughable when they put down healthy animals.

Once a charity deviates from it's original reason for being accepted as a charity it should become a business subject to all that that entails.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:59 am

Absolute truth.
Petra even worse. indeed, unbelievably far, far, worse.

A person enlightened me one Sunday morning regards another another, (I knew both that lived not far from me) regards an Alsatian bitch, with puppies, left in a cupbe hole, (a little room adjacent to the house). That they were away on holiday for a week still. So I went round and listen. It was locked. I was  perplexed regards what to do, and legalities etc.
So I phoned the RSPCA. As thought they weren't interested. I argued and insulted a mite oto I guess. But seemed his Sunday was more important. In truth I expected as much. I'd seen year in year out the cruelties at the Market each week where I grew up … Where the RSPCA bloke watched and took no notice of sticks and boots etc. used.
I also worked for a few years in a Butchery doing the provisions etc. The bone broken are horrid!
Any way I told him as he would do anything I was going to break in! He warned me etc. and informed the police... I had phoned Rourke Garfield the Animal Rescue leader from Northants. He told me to do nothing, but he would be there very soon. He was as was the police, but no RSPCA! Rourke said his mate was taking photo's the policeman told us the legalities etc. But he caved the door in anyway and rescued 7 puppies and the bitch! He threatened to expose any and everyone if needs be, especially the RSPCA. The floor was full wet with the water being knocked over, The dog biscuits were covered in ***** and well soiled.
The copper said that nit must have had before he got there, and that was that … except I lost a so called mate after telling him and wife what I thought of them. The dogs, incidentally were found good homes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 am

rspca that's a laugh I had a stray with a rspca officer and could not collect until the following morning from her home address so she asked how to care for it overnight ...got their the next morning and she opened her van and it was in the back in a box on opening the box the bird was dead and covered around his wattle in a red substance which was also on the base of the box it was a paprika box ,no water no nothing and it was a hot hot day the day before I picked it up ...I was livid and had to leave a bit smartish before I got into trouble rspca that's a laugh its a money racket akin to the rspb ….I rescued a fox once many years ago that was put to sleep to they also cost our dog his life with their incompetence after spending near £1000 No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Across the road, 50 yards up is a vets. they had rung the police and got my number. So they rang me regards a pigeon and what to do with it. I kid you not. So ten minutes later I strolled over. Told the reception who I was and why I was there.
Vet came and told me that they had a pigeon with a ring on it's leg which was huddled up and looking sad. Said it kept blinking it's eyes.
'Oh' says I' let's see it then'.
Sorry it's upon the roof now, we let it out after we had phoned the police and knew you would take care, was coming'. I kid you not. Sorry we went outside and it as I said it would be GONE!
So I politely said how surprised and disappointed I was. Gob smacked that they hadn't even given it a drink of water. 'Never thought she a red faced she. Well I said I would have thought you would have known that the blinking was because it needed a drink! And much more. I also said 'Amazing as it is, a Doctor takes four years to pass out... A vet 5 years, I think that they should make that ten.
Same vet that told me once when I took a injured dog in that had been hit by a car. That will be ££50 to put it down'.! I took it to another vet that agreed it was a hopeless case and to leave it with them. Cost nothing.
Went to retrieve a pigeon from Coventry from a vets. Told them up front that though I was grateful that they had looked after it over night I wouldn't be being charged, but would put some cask in a charity box. They tittered but that happened. the lady who had taken it in had left an address and telephone number. So I bought some flowers and a box of chocolates - I was with my good lady Joyce... and went round. Her 12 year old son was there, but she was at work. Spent some time with the lad talking pigeons etc. He was interested...
the lady did phone and thanked me. I too, because any fancier deserves a thank you and shown appreciation. More so and especially a none fancier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Daz,
The vast majority of the general public are good people who help each other but one bad apple etc;

The main problem is, our country is led by a mob lacking backbone and only interested in placating those involved in matters many find distasteful, the police are more interested in chasing so called hate crime, which can be just giving a personal opinion on a matter, but because of the shortages ???? in the force etc; they cannot attend a family whose house has been burgled (for several days).

Is there an answer to all that is wrong, Roll on Armageddon.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi Misty, I wonder if you remember a Robinson from Scarborough. Believe it was Tom. Had some great birds off him 20 odd years ago. He had packed up racing then... just had a few fanciers that had birds off him. Gosh that was in 1993.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Yes, I remember him but cannot remember which club he flew in.

I can see his face but do not know what happened to him.

Not surprised his birds did well, you had to have the best to win in our area, some came and thought they would win the lot but went home with their tails between their legs.

IN our area around the 60s 70s clubs were often limited to the birds they could send due to transporter limitations etc;

Now you could often send the lot on the back of a bus.

Something has gone drastically wrong with the whole sport, possibly the pigeons through the win at any cost treatment are not basically healthy, none seem to last as they did years ago, yearlings win and then never heard of again etc;.

Of course there are exceptions but taking matters as a whole, something is drastically wrong.

I think the best approach is to enjoy what is left and hope for a miracle.

Hope you have a good yb season, but I, under the present weather would not send.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Daz,
Old age has taken more toll of my memory than I thought, Robinson lived about 100 yards from me and kept his pigeons in the back garden like me, he was quite a likeable sort of person who never caused any trouble, unlike many others.

I think he had health problems but cannot remeber the details, when he decided to have to leave the sport he offered me the pick of some spare hens, as he did other fanciers, having my own breed I had not the room, and with open loft would have found it hard to settle them.

Having lost many friends to the loft in the sky over the past few years and with old age ones memory does suffer.

Just wish more present day fanciers were like the best of times gone bye.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:55 am

Think it was ignorant calling him Robinson I think he was Norman Robinson, but as I am tee total do not smoke nor like to be in the company of those who think foul language makes them appear big we associate more with the dancing, bowling and snooker fraternity.

Although I have had some of my best friends amongst the pigeon fraternity, albeit that most of them are now no longer with us.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Notice that we suddenly have over 50 visitors on line, wonder why?.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:54 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

we once had 144 misty, at the time "someone" posted a link on all the big forums over some allotments on fire, suddenly all their members were coming here to read what had happened....... Suspect Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:46 am

MISTY wrote:

Regards.
Russian spies Smile Smile Maybe lol! lol! lol! as they think we may be a threat here etc Misty Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:56 am

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:14 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.
Russian spies Smile Smile Maybe lol! lol! lol! as they think we may be a threat here etc Misty Wink Wink. cheers

yep, putin / Russia get the blame for everything knackered, in fact it was Russia`s fault I only got 3 birds home from 9 Saturday.......... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 am

David wrote:
Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

yep,  putin / Russia get the blame for everything knackered, in fact it was Russia`s fault I only got 3 birds home from 9 Saturday.......... Razz Razz
Sorry about that David Wink Wink I will have a word with my mate Putin etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! as I wouldn't wish for such an outcome to happen again as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Culling birds.    

Back to top Go down

Culling birds.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: