Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Forum Syndicate 2019.
by David Today at 4:59 pm

» Forgot to specify!
by David Today at 3:27 pm

» Forgot to specify!
by halcanada Today at 2:38 pm

» Another stray from US.
by halcanada Today at 2:04 pm

» Weather today
by redrog Today at 10:43 am

» Welcome, welcome !!!.
by David Today at 10:30 am

» Reducing Numbers....
by MISTY Yesterday at 9:36 pm

» Off to pirate country
by Daz Yesterday at 10:11 am

» just got word
by MISTY Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

oldstrain

MISTY

halcanada

Knackered

redrog

Daz

Lofty

Statistics
We have 1146 registered users
The newest registered user is dcarter

Our users have posted a total of 170307 messages in 11248 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Ilkeston 57 miles

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:26 am

lol! lol! lol! two came together, flew round for 3 mins, then sat in tree for 5 mins...........finally came down so I clocked them, will be way too late Razz Razz Razz

but its their first race, just learning, both pigeons and me cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:56 am

did you get a flutter when they came bounce been a while for you david but great to see you back in the game cheers well done and good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:13 pm

yes I did Darren, up until a certain point I was just sat waiting, not too bothered either way.....but then every bird of wood pigeon that came around the loft got my heart racing .... lol! lol!

then when 2 came together I was running round the garden with excitement ... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:58 pm

bounce , how your returns david
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:11 pm

redrog wrote:
bounce , how your returns david

crap rog, still only the 2 back....7 away.......... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:42 pm

There is nothing like seeing one of your pigeons fold it's wings and dive for the loft, the higher in the air they are the more spectacular it is.

I realy cannot understand why racing was not considered chancy with the very unusual weather conditions.

It I sent 12 pigeons to 60 miles, I would expect all back within minutes of each other.

A pigeon can possibly see land marks from that distance and have no problem navigating it.

So there are problems involved that need identifying.

Perhaps you should put the ETS in the tree David.

Even the most less intelligent pigeon should be able to return from 60 miles within a reasonable time, so something issadly amiss.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:46 pm

many obsticles on route I would imagine misty, hawks/bops, wires, weather....clashing with other races, who knows what dangers they encounter,

ive heard the saying many a time "good pigeons get lost sometimes, not just crap ones"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Many such sayings and adages. Does it really make a fancier feel better? Most, if not all are just lame crutches of solace, comfort or consolation in a time of great distress or sadness.
 Do people really become clever in hindsight I often ask?
in this event, there may well be a lot of empty perches tonight... sad.

I sat in the conservatory this afternoon with Joyce. Some thunder and lightning . I watch as the hail stones and heavy rain bounced 4 or 5 inches of the roofs and pavement.  I saw some street pigeons (In fine fettle are these pigeons, they get fed two times a day, have freedom of the air and a very good natural life over the way - possibly a fly away or two of mine sit huddled up looking none too glad. Gloomy really. Saturated!
I said to Joyce 'I'm glad I'm not having to fly through this'. Many will go down, some even 2 or 3 times battling.. maybe lost ,,, trying to get home. Experience! One that they can certainly do without in my book. Those that get home, will fear such a time again … many good birds will have been ruined today / week - end I fear.
In regards pigeon fanciers, relate an  haunting epitaph that Floyd Patterson wrote. Exchange boxing for pigeon racing:
It's easy to do anything in victory. It is in defeat a man reveals himself.
If you have millions of pounds, you have million of friends .., (supposedly)
It's like being in love with a beautiful woman. She can be unfaithful, she can be mean, she can be cruel, but it doesn't matter. If you love her, you want her, even though she can do you all kinds harms. it's the same as pigeon racing, it can do all kinds of sorrow and hurt... but you still love it'.
Do we really learn by our mistakes, by our bad judgement?  remember, to every one else you are 'Them'. But to yourselves you will think your not, you are you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Any more home David, hope you get them all buddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Lofty wrote:
Any more home David, hope you get them all buddy
So do I.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:02 pm

damned if you do and yer damned if you don't ….hope more turn in for you david this is the nature of pigeon racing in the uk at times we can have changeable weather very quickly on this island
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 pm

that's right Darren, cant win either way eh ............ lol!

all those in our club with 20 , 30 and 40 ybs which had been well trained and raced were scared to send , or wise not to send eh Razz Razz lol! study
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:51 am

David wrote:
lol! lol! lol!   two came together, flew round for 3 mins, then sat in tree for 5 mins...........finally came down so I clocked them, will be way too late Razz Razz Razz

Its a start David Smile Smile maybe not a happy one Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but one must start some where etc. No offence to the man here  bounce  bounce that said they should have all been home in minutes type of thing etc in this day & age from such a short distance. But I would suggest that's more text book thinking, maybe Wink Wink than reality type thinking to some degree Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:07 am

David wrote:
lol! lol! lol!   two came together, flew round for 3 mins, then sat in tree for 5 mins...........finally came down so I clocked them, will be way too late Razz Razz Razz

8th, 9th yesterday, 4-6 mins before they trapped, wind a big factor, through the fantail up when I saw they were struggling, big mistake wind took him into the next county followed by the 3 that were home, 5 still missing but with the high winds they were bound to go over, we were doing 1830ypm, could of done with nose wind first race Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:07 am

one back from yesterday, 3 birds out of 9 ........ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed

my season started and ended in one race....... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 am

redrog wrote:
David wrote:

8th, 9th yesterday, 4-6 mins before they trapped, wind a big factor, through the fantail up when I saw they were struggling, big mistake wind took him into the next county followed by the 3 that were home, 5 still missing but with the high winds they were bound to go over, we were doing 1830ypm, could of done with nose wind first race Rolling Eyes

well done on 8th and 9th rog, 1830ypm is fast isn't it.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:11 am

aye it was a quick one david, hope these birds of yours make their way back, always hard decisions with y/b,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 am

yes it is rog, always undecided eh....either way is wrong sometimes lol!

maybe I shouldn't have sent them, but next week is double the distance, and the weather might be as bad.... Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:33 am

Damed if you do,damed if you don’t David, was the same when I had that bad training toss, sat down and thought , maybe I shouldn’t have gone so far, maybe I should have gone to the same place for the tenth time, maybe , maybe, maybe, but in the end they have to go, just a bit of bad luck , and we can’t do much about that, hope they work back for you buddy, you deserve a bit of luck for all the help you give others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:49 am

redrog wrote:
David wrote:

Smile Smile Not allowed Rog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 4-6
minute trap etc Wink Wink Sort of reminds me lol! lol! lol! of an old fella Smile Smile who walked outside yesterday & saw  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 3 pigeons sitting in his gum tree as such & when lol! lol! lol! he called them in to be clocked, 2 more fell out of his tree, from the 5th floor it being that high Smile Smile &  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes just to make his day complete, 10 minutes later  bounce  bounce the police chopper (super sonic noise) spent 15 minutes sitting right above his loft for some reason Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes.   cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:07 am

Lofty wrote:
Damed if you do,damed if you don’t David, was the same when I had that bad training toss, sat down and thought , maybe I shouldn’t have gone so far, maybe I should have gone to the same place for the tenth time, maybe , maybe, maybe, but in the end they have to go, just a bit of bad luck , and we can’t do much about that, hope they work back for you buddy, you deserve a bit of luck for all the help you give others

indeed lofty ...hope more turn in for you david
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:15 am

David wrote:
yes it is rog, always undecided eh....either way is wrong sometimes lol!

maybe I shouldn't have sent them, but next week is double the distance, and the weather might be as bad.... Question Question
Never would wish any one to be smashed in returns in the first few races etc David. Can at times turn around rather quickly if one hangs in there type of thing at times I've found. Bloke that won our Fed yesterday bounce bounce was feeling rather bruised with his returns the 2 previous weeks here loosing 15 birds each week. He hang in there thou, fortunately Smile Smile & his mood is rather up beat now I would suggest after his win. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:53 am

Knackered wrote:
redrog wrote:
David wrote:

Smile Smile Not allowed Rog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 4-6
minute trap etc Wink Wink Sort of reminds me lol! lol! lol! of an old fella Smile Smile who walked outside yesterday & saw  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 3 pigeons sitting in his gum tree as such & when lol! lol! lol! he called them in to be clocked, 2 more fell out of his tree, from the 5th floor it being that high Smile Smile &  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes just to make his day complete, 10 minutes later  bounce  bounce the police chopper (super sonic noise) spent 15 minutes sitting right above his loft for some reason Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes.   cheers
lol! lol! me own fault in lots ways, but the drop is like dambuster entrance and even old birds miss it sometimes, the longer the race better chance of win, hair pulling days long gone(haven't got much anyway) no great shake Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:15 pm

same thing here rog, drop for the pigeons is terrible...........loft is surrounded by trees virtually, they need to take off or land like a helicopter . affraid jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:30 am

David wrote:
same thing here rog, drop for the pigeons is terrible...........loft is surrounded by trees virtually, they need to take off or land like a helicopter . affraid jocolor
Had a lot of expert types  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  give me advise on trees & trapping etc over the years. Strange thing is I found bounce bounce 99% of them, don't have a tree within a mile as such of their loft Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ilkeston 57 miles    

Back to top Go down

Ilkeston 57 miles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: