Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» derby italy racing pigeon
by Knackered Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Weather today
by Knackered Yesterday at 9:43 pm

» Corn almost off.
by Knackered Yesterday at 9:28 pm

» rpra one loft
by Knackered Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Winter breeding.
by Daz Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» The Chocolate man !!!.
by Knackered Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:34 am

» Different slant.
by Knackered Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:29 am

» Has been a while.
by Knackered Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:19 am

» Ventilation
by oldstrain Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:49 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1155 registered users
The newest registered user is whiteashbob

Our users have posted a total of 172849 messages in 11385 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

halcanada

Share | 

mnfc trainer

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:55 pm

I’ve just watched a video on the north staffs federation site and it show birds being liberated, it also shows our one loft birds being liberated into them, the convoyer remarks how bad a position the one loft bird are in to be libbed, with trees close on either side, and pans the video around to show there was better places to let go,guys, you need to watch this, then ask for our money back, shocking, no wonder they’ve lost so many birds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:51 pm

I thought they were on the same wagon roy not same liberation point and released same time but from another position ...wtf is all that about Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Can only see 2 of our birds marked for the hot spot tomorrow we had 3 left last week. not sure if there is a mess up there or its been lost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Lofty wrote:
I’ve just watched a video on the north staffs federation site and it show birds being liberated, it also shows our one loft birds being liberated into them, the convoyer remarks how bad a position the one loft bird are in to be libbed, with trees close on either side, and pans the video around to show there was better places to let go,guys, you need to watch this, then ask for our money back, shocking, no wonder they’ve lost so many birds

where can we see the video roy...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:18 pm

It’s on the north staff federation site, I don’t know how to post a link sorry

Try northstaffsfederation.co.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 pm

johnnorm2 wrote:
Can only see 2 of our birds marked for the hot spot tomorrow we had 3 left last week. not sure if there is a mess up there or its been lost

I know John, they’ve lost our mealy that was doing so well training, was getting better and better then all of a sudden it was gone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:48 am

Pay your money take your chances.
Some birds made it some did not. Same as any liberation. No point complaining after the fact. Done is done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:31 am

I understand that Hal, there will be losses, always will, but give the birds a chance, people pay good money to have a fair crack of the whip so to speak, but liberating where they did, and into the liberation of another fed beggars belief

Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:08 pm

easy come easy go eh hal Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Lofty wrote:
I understand that Hal, there will be losses, always will, but give the birds a chance, people pay good money to have a fair crack of the whip so to speak, but liberating where they did, and into the liberation of another fed beggars belief

one way of getting numbers down eh roy........... Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:51 pm

What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

We can land men on the moon, trips to Mars with robots, do almost unbelievable matters.

Yet we have not learned how to conduct our sport in a reasonable manner ?????.

Regads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 pm

No, not easy come easy go. Not in my case anyway. I have lots. Have flown and won money in one lofters. However the problem with having room for a lot of birds is that culling is not as ruthless as should be. On the one hand not good. On the other hand to keep transport fees reasonable it is good.
I wondered this years ago. If a loft was only allowed a certain number of birds would the quality rise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Tough one Hal, never considered it before, but you could limit each fanciers number of rings they could purchase and only have a certain number registered in their name that they could race, the number could be limited in that respect but cannot see how you could stop fanciers having more.

It would be difficult because you have to breed a few to get one good one and no one knows which they are until they are tested.

It does help if you have had a family for many years and know their characteristics etc;

I feel the best way is to firstly obtain the best you can and by selective breeding based on performance and the characteristics of the family and do away with any that show any weakness, either peformance wise, or racing anyone would be well on the way, towards ahappy position.

I never chopped and changed but did peridically introduce the odd pgeon but it was always a proven one.

It is good to consider matters never previously considered I just wish more fanciers would become involved with new suggestions.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:06 am

Much truth... But …

https://21stcenturywire.com/2015/03/14/video-nasas-orion-engineer-admits-they-cant-get-past-van-allen-radiation-belts/ plus many more admissions recently from Nasa stating that they haven't been to the moon … Tin foil isn't strong enough to shield mankind from the 1000 mile of radiation TWICE. Shadows, hammer dropping to the floor etc. etc
Plus so many facts that it was a hoax it in its self is untrue lol.
Also the Person that set set up in the Nevada desert etc. But was a nice belief once I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:31 am

MISTY wrote:
Tough one Hal, never considered it before, but you could limit each fanciers number of rings they could purchase and only have a certain number registered in their name that they could race, the number could be limited in that respect but cannot see how you could stop fanciers having more.

It would be difficult because you have to breed a few to get one good one and no one knows which they are until they are tested.

It does help if you have had a family for many years and know their characteristics etc;

I feel the best way is to firstly obtain the best you can and by selective breeding based on performance and the characteristics of the family and do away with any that show any weakness, either peformance wise, or racing anyone would be well on the way, towards ahappy position.

I never chopped and changed but did peridically introduce the odd pgeon but it was always a proven one.

It is good to consider matters never previously considered I just wish more fanciers would become involved with new suggestions.

Regards.

Good idea in theory etc Misty Smile Smile "limit rings" but just would not work in my area as such, sadly. Love or hate the mob/chook farmer types bounce bounce they help balance the books on average, more so than a group of minor league players with their small teams as such. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hot of the press lol! lol! lol! took my birds over to my normal place for a toss today here "80 odd miles" & the bloke who takes them had his birds out flying & I ask him why Wink Wink North winds he said & Im waiting for a southerly to blow up here before I put them in as such Smile Smile Interesting I said with a  Smile seeing as you have 180 odd birds there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & you will be starting them off at 300 odd miles for there first race Smile Smile type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:35 am

Had the moon landing not been true, through human nature, some one would have by now spilled the beans, there were too many people involved for someone with the prospect of making thousands who would not sell the story.

Why we should be considering going further afield when we cannot run the earth in anything like a fair and proper manner is beyod me.

If there was another planet were life existed and they thought we were about to intrude they would all commit suicide.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 am

MISTY wrote:
Had the moon landing not been true, through human nature, some one would have by now spilled the beans, there were too many people involved for someone with the prospect of making thousands who would not sell the story.

Why we should be considering going further afield when we cannot run the earth in anything like a fair and proper manner is beyod me.

If there was another planet were life existed and they thought we were about to intrude they would all commit suicide.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! yer not far wrong their misty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am

Knackered
Mob flyers never bothered me, one good one will beat a hundred also rans.

Can never see how fanciers with hundred or more pigeons can know each ones potential and characteristics which I depended on knowing every pigeon as an individual.

When I see a winner and then the number sent, some times over 100 and the fancier only gets the one pigeon in the prizes, the way I look at it is, if he/she had just missed sending that one they would have been sending 99 pigeons and not got a prize.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am

MISTY wrote:
Knackered
              Mob flyers never bothered me, one good one will beat a hundred also rans.

Can never see how fanciers with hundred or more pigeons can know each ones potential and characteristics which I depended on knowing every pigeon as an individual.

When I see a winner and then the number sent, some times over 100 and the fancier only gets the one pigeon in the prizes, the way I look at it is, if he/she had just missed sending that one they would have been sending 99 pigeons and not got a prize.

Regards.
Certain times they have bothered me Misty Smile Smile "Mob flyers" but not now. These days I appreciate the money they put into running things etc but like you I tend to treat them as some what of a joke in a strange type of way Smile Smile. Mr GPS man Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I just mentioned Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad would be spending a $1000 a week all up bounce bounce in the hope of winning lol! lol! lol! a cake type of thing Wink Wink in value  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Mob Flyers a boon to clubs and me personally … costs. the more that they pay in the less I have too.
Now if 10 send 8 and 1 sends 80, what's the difference? … Outside of supposed drag, and the fancier unable to read his birds in regards fitness and condition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Being very interested in following your pigeons in the OLR , just exactly is the present position and who won the race?

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:02 pm

MISTY wrote:
Being very interested in following your pigeons in the OLR , just exactly is the present position and who won the race?

Regards.

bit of a let down this year I think misty, it was better last year with the rpra ......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:26 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

sorry misty cant remember the winners name we were behind with our 2 but their still in it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks oldstrain whilst you have two still in anythimg can happen.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer   Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:41 am

Exactly right Misty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mnfc trainer