Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
by David Today at 10:00 am

» Old friend back.
by markevans Today at 9:35 am

» Ray Peel Happy Birthday.
by peel bros Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» RPRA Forum Syndicate 2019.
by barnie Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» Anyone interested
by Knackered Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Building an Immunity
by oldstrain Yesterday at 10:21 am

» 2018 Shows....
by Lofty Yesterday at 10:06 am

» A Big Thank You to Darren
by peel bros Yesterday at 8:08 am

» When will the PC madness end?
by Knackered Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, johnnorm2, Lofty

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
Knackered

oldstrain

David

MISTY

markevans

fieldwalker

peel bros

halcanada

Lofty

Daz

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1154 registered users
The newest registered user is Geordie79

Our users have posted a total of 172005 messages in 11336 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

halcanada

Share | 

Goodbye old club

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Goodbye old club   Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Just been up the club to mark birds for tomorrow’s race, treasurer asked me for club fees, so I says what about the £15 I paid for the cancelled silver ring race, he says you didn’t give it to me that gets paid direct to the fed, so after a bit of arguing I said , look I paid you, and he almost called me a liar in front of everyone, so being an ex builder and on a short fuse most of the time (I blame the tablets I take  Very Happy ) I tell him to shove the club where the sun don’t shine and you’ll never see me at the club again, Luke stayed as he’s a clock setter, when he comes home he tells me others had paid as well and their money had been written down, but when I was there he was adamant that he never took any monies off anyone for that race, snivelling little git then tells Luke I’ll call and see Roy and apologise, well I can tell you he’ll go back up the steps quicker than he came down, letter already written for new club which I hear is much better run
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:12 pm

what a carry on roy eh Rolling Eyes don't be too hasty m8 think it all through first don't make a decision with a hot head lol! Embarassed atb in whatever you decide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Daz, if he had pulled me to one side and said he wasn’t sure we had paid we could have worked through it, but with me one side of the club and him on the other everyone heard him saying I hadn’t paid and he wasn’t the one who took monies for that race, how bloody stupid is he not being able to remember that he took money off other members as well, thick git
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Agree with oldstrain do not act in haste.

Just think, he made the mistake, you leave the club, who wins.

In particular if you win more than your share.

Do not send in your resignation as it is effective from the time the secretary receives it and in particular if you have not been accepted as a member of the other club.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm

We have some good friends already in the club we’ll be joining, also know the sec, not well but know him, they will put a good word in for us and am 100% confident we will be accepted, they know we are not trouble makers and just want to race our couple pigeons and have a chat with other fanciers, not to be belittled in front of others
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 am

Lofty wrote:
Just been up the club to mark birds for tomorrow’s race, treasurer asked me for club fees, so I says what about the £15 I paid for the cancelled silver ring race, he says you didn’t give it to me that gets paid direct to the fed, so after a bit of arguing I said , look I paid you, and he almost called me a liar in front of everyone, so being an ex builder and on a short fuse most of the time (I blame the tablets I take  Very Happy ) I tell him to shove the club where the sun don’t shine and you’ll never see me at the club again, Luke stayed as he’s a clock setter, when he comes home he tells me others had paid as well and their money had been written down, but when I was there he was adamant that he never took any monies off anyone for that race, snivelling little git then tells Luke I’ll call and see Roy and apologise, well I can tell you he’ll go back up the steps quicker than he came down, letter already written for new club which I hear is much better run
Sort of reminds me of a situation here  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Lofty last weekend etc Smile Smile before the centre supervisor open the centre doors as such. 2 old blokes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad sitting there waiting for half an hour, going beetroot red lol! lol! lol! being that pissed off, waiting. Old fella bounce bounce "no name" lol! lol! lol! went right off Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "Big time" with his thoughts there Smile Smile & it continued Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad inside also Wink Wink. Saving grace was Smile Smile the 2nd old fella there "the chocolate man" Smile Smile brings chocolates down each week for every one there for sustenance lol! lol! lol! but we ate most of them  Smile Smile before the doors were even opened etc Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 am

Lofty. Good for you!! They need you more than you need them!! Screw the guy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 am

think carefully roy, act in haste repent at leisure they say.............I`ve often thought "stick it up your ar*e" on a number of things, or to a number of people, on certain matters, the pigeon club included, but think if you would regret it afterwards.

good luck on whatever you decide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:48 am

To late now, letters in to both secretaries, won’t go back on my words, once I’ve said , you will never see me at this club again, it’s meant, and as you know I’m a man of my word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am

Hope it works out Lofty, being in a happy club makes the sport more enjoyable, but they are few and far between'

The diverse circumstances involved does not help and one bad apple etc;

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 am

To be honest misty over the last couple of weeks I’ve not looked forward going to mark our birds, always something going wrong, either with the rubbers or the ets, then everyone starts blaming everyone else, it ends up with everybody arguing over nothing , I just walk out of the room till it all settles down, mark my birds, help get them on the lorry and get myself out of there
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm

I think its the same with a lot of clubs roy, theres always some bone of contention with some members.......I keep hearing of problems still with some of our members and ets, things going wrong etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:10 pm

Agree in sentiment mate. But be careful you won't be reported as a 'Defaulter'!

Happened to me … Best thing is you will soon realise how quickly the members can, and mostly do, side against you.
Yes the old adage 'You know me, I'm only one vote, but its the others. Fibber! He who spouts that is a low down. If truth he would state 'I kicked up about it. You will see in the minutes I opposed it' etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Won’t happen , every penny will be paid up, with receipts asked for this time
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 pm

You right Lofty. I paid two seasons club fees. Twice. This season I paid by cheque.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 pm

A resignation can only be refused if a member is not paid up.

Otherwise it is effective from the minute the secretary receives it.

Other than possible payment for sending to the races, which we always paid prior to sending I cannot see how you owe any money.

Along with Daz, and as chairman of clubs for many years, I can assure you you can trust the ones who keep their mouths shut than those who proffess allegance.

But I hope everything works out well and you can start to enjoy the sport as it was intended.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Mind Lofty, you will miss a fair bit. No two ways about that. Habits! One becomes comfortable with habits, both good and bad. But wish you all the best mate whatever you do... decide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:18 pm

good luck at the new club roy...happy to say no such shenanigans at our club mind you when 2 of you do most the work theirs not a lot else to blame lol! someone once said to me the only ones that make mistakes are the ones that get off their arse and do something lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Yeah lol... the mistake Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes getting off their backside lol Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 am

Luck is what you make it. I do not always log in here but do read posts. One must always make the best of a difficult situation. However, on here, there are a few complaining and bitching about the state of the racing pigeon's future. For new comers reading those posts it is all doom and gloom! No matter the good intentions the person posting has, negativity is a turn off. Enough negativity kills the sport. Get positive thoughts back on!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: White stray.   Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:14 am

She and her young stay. young first. First bird from first young bird race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:19 am

My usual method is performers are kept. However, 2 more hens from her will stay. Must be old age? Have a feeling about these birds. Mated to a red cock. Excellent racer in his day. Or maybe just the pretty colours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:46 am

halcanada wrote:
My usual method is performers are kept. However, 2 more hens from her will stay. Must be old age? Have a feeling about these birds. Mated to a red cock. Excellent racer in his day. Or maybe just the pretty colours?
Don't knock the coloured ones Hal Wink Wink because I could be in real trouble to-morrow here in our race etc Smile Smile. 3 chocolate gay pieds Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes will be leading the charge for me, hopefully. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 am

I doubt very much if any potential fanciers actually read or are members of a pigeon forum'

If fanciers take the I'm Alright Jack attitude, as in the past, there will be no sport within a very short time.

Fanciers have to attend to and accept the problems and without discussing them there is no chance of solving them.

The backbone of the sport has always been the grass root fancier with limited means and he/she is being tested to the limit in several ways.

If one is happy with his/her situation at the present time, the time is not far off when they will join the club'

Apathy and self has been the downfall of many with no concern for the sport in general.

If one leaves everything to everyone else they eventually all end with nothing.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Knackered., I have red pieds. They are here because they perform. Had a young bird back this morning in the rain. Bands covered in mud. Lost it two weeks ago. First race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye old club   

Back to top Go down

Goodbye old club
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next