Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Doom and gloom? Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Doom and gloom? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
Doom and gloom? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
Doom and gloom? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Doom and gloom? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Doom and gloom? Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Doom and gloom? Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Doom and gloom? Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
Doom and gloom? Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Doom and gloom? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Doom and gloom? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Doom and gloom? Vote_lcapDoom and gloom? Voting_barDoom and gloom? Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Doom and gloom? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Doom and gloom? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Doom and gloom?

Go down 
+2
markevans
halcanada
6 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Post from Nova Scotia club site.
"David Ottaway
Admin · 15 hrs
Hello everyone. Just like to bring you up to date. We just accepted another new member. We are up to 12 members now. Hopefully everyone will get their yb teams in good order breeding and training for 2019 And we have a full house for racing. It will be a great year ahead of us. The membership has more then doubled in the last two yrs. if this keeps going we will have to get a bigger trailer or add to the one we have. This is not a bad thing. Lol."
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 6:10 pm

That's good Hal seeing that the club is growing steadily when usually its the other way around
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

yes it is mark, our club grows smaller by the year, 1 joins and 3 go , in one form or another....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 pm

For the sport to make any progress here and even maintain the numbers just to cover losses by natural circumstances would according to those actually reported {and there will be others) there would have to be 12new members a week, then the disillutioned and the infirm who leave and clubs that have to fold leaves no reason to be complaisant, one swallow etc; you have to face reality in our country and attempt new measures if the sport is to survive.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 pm

MISTY wrote:
For the sport to make any progress here and even maintain the numbers just to cover losses by natural circumstances would according to those actually reported {and there will be others) there would have to be 12new members a week, then the disillutioned and the infirm who leave and clubs that have to fold leaves no reason to be complaisant, one swallow etc; you have to face reality in our country and attempt new measures if the sport is to survive.

Regards.

I just scratch my head Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with some of the things I see happening on the local scene here Misty, unfortunately. The guru types Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes for me live in a total bubble & have no sense of what actually is happening around them on the pigeon side. Just had our national race here "400 miles" 3 trucks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes around $8,000 in transport costs etc & with a 10 bird limit we had 1800 odd pigeons, which with a squeeze lol! lol! lol! could have gone in the back of my Berlingo van type of thing Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:39 am

If clubs are dying then the only solution I can see in the UK is to amalgamate. But again, time to get to club may affect some. Boundries should be thrown etc,. But only way I can see. from here.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:37 am

halcanada wrote:
If clubs are dying then the only solution I can see in the UK is to amalgamate. But again, time to get to club may affect some. Boundries should be thrown etc,. But only way I can see. from here.
Trouble Hal  Smile  Smile I suggest, certain type people will not bend in there ways etc & believe their way is the only way as such from my perspective. Had a discussion in my centre last week here bounce bounce about the problems off a local nature. One mouth Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes suggested we take over another local club/centre, whose running costs are 1/10 of what ours are as such. Let him know lol! lol! lol! while I'm still occupying a perch Wink Wink  it would never happen as I still have a certain respect for those there being my old club at one time. Mentioned to him the word harmony/respect Smile Smile & told him if his attitude doesn't include them in his way of thinking, he will go no where & everyone here will gain nothing sadly Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 9:52 am

The trouble with clubs joining together is the distances involved in marking the birds and then working out the results when many fanciers want it done on their door step.

When I had pigeons on Oliver 's Mount my partner and I used to carry our basket of pigeons for the race about 1 mile by hand, and were happy to do so.

Today nearly all the latter day fanciers want everything as easy for themselves as possible, nothing wrong with that but it has to take into account the actual prevailing situations.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Well Hal, I saw in Canada the means of marking... then, as for timing in, this was sent via Email etc. Day after or so - depending on race distance and conditions. Verified of course at the next race meeting. Maybe soon this will be the case here? But as of yet not really essential. But easier than clubs joining up. Because big arguments regards locations, who to let in or not would prevail!
Those in the west - if not too good a flyer mostly acceptable... In the East Forget it.
Oh yeah, I know the out cry 'We'd let anyone in regardless etc. Till their letter of acceptance came to the Sec.
Gooly the silly spouting of 'Location means nothing! If your good enough, do the work you can win any where against any body' and such rot... Well till, like I say they enter a letter to join. Then what silly and nigh stupid reason are given.

Never yet see a good flyer move to the West! I wonder why … unless to be in the East of another club or Fed etc.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Yes Daz. Not many clubs here have members within walking distance. Hours drive for me one way. The club decided to let me read my own tapes an email in the numbers. Actual tape and rubbers to be brought in the next shipping night. Very good of them. Location? Long end here 40 some miles. Does not matter to me. Best bird on the day. Although must admit tougher weather suits my birds.
Young are out flying now. Sunshine, plus 2 C and strong wind. They love it!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Daz,
One of the biggest problems is personalities, Bill detests Ben, Sue is a pest, Jack wants to fight everyone in sight, Bob only knows curse words, met them all, every one has an agenda of their own and most unwilling to compromise (Names fictitious) to hold a club together with such different personalities is difficult and to combine two or more clubs together under the circumstances is almost impossible.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Has it not always been he same? Or have people changed that much?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 12:26 am

Daz wrote:
Well Hal, I saw in Canada the means of marking... then, as for timing in, this was sent via Email etc. Day after or so - depending on race distance and conditions. Verified of course at the next race meeting. Maybe soon this will be the case here? But as of yet not really essential. But easier than clubs joining up. Because big arguments regards locations, who to let in or not would prevail!
Those in the west - if not too good a flyer mostly acceptable... In the East Forget it.
Oh yeah, I know the out cry 'We'd let anyone in regardless etc. Till their letter of acceptance came to the Sec.
Gooly the silly spouting of 'Location means nothing! If your good enough, do the work you can win any where against any body' and such rot... Well till, like I say they enter a letter to join. Then what silly and nigh stupid reason are given.

Never yet see a good flyer move to the West! I wonder why … unless to be in the East of another club or Fed etc.
Smile Smile Seen many a flyer here Daz Wink Wink move to a sh*te hole of a type area "down South" by my standards etc for family reasons lol! lol! lol! at least that is what we are supposed to believe  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes going by their waffle Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doom and gloom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doom and gloom?   Doom and gloom? Empty

Back to top Go down

Doom and gloom?
Page 1 of 1