Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:18 pm

» Weather today
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:16 pm

» Good Morning
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:15 pm

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Hotting up in the Middle East
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
club meeting - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) club meeting - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.club meeting - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
club meeting - Page 2 Vote_lcapclub meeting - Page 2 Voting_barclub meeting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
club meeting - Page 2 Vote_lcapclub meeting - Page 2 Voting_barclub meeting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222408 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
club meeting - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
club meeting - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

club meeting

Go down 
+6
Lofty
fieldwalker
Knackered
David
markevans
oldstrain
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

club meeting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 8:25 pm

I remember when I rejoined the club a few years ago, I happened to mention the use of ets, they went mental, all waving their walking sticks in the air screeching there would be no ets used in the club........they even said that if I were to buy one and use it, no one would read it off for me !!!

how things suddenly changed when the cricket club donated £5,000 for all members to have ets, .... Razz Razz Razz flower flower
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Well you no what they say dave money talks best thing to ever happen to pigeon flying
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
Well I know a club full that would be more than happy to help a local new starter
My own.
Theres just not the interest,you don't see kids interested in pigeons,rabbits,chickens even budgies anymore.
Its not the cost,you can easy convert a garden shed T3 clocks vertually given away plenty free pigeons to start with to learn and have fun and responsibility
Of keeping them.
Feed,basic 4 seasons £8 a bag.
Too much for them to do now.
True FW Smile Smile Kids these days don't want to get dirty type of thing on average. Clean a pigeon loft/rabbit hutch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & get their designer shoes/runners & clothes dirty or even just jump in a puddle for the enjoyment factor Wink  Wink. Come on now lol! lol! lol! some thing missing I suggest these days etc "Up top" with how they think bounce bounce if ones plays that game Wink Wink by today's standards Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:01 am

Of course fieldwalker, that is very true. Likewise most clubs I would say without any hesitation.

But not too much if it would help them this week to beat them in the race by some.
Club 'Spirit' has dwindled very much. Genuine help like wise I'm sad to see.
Was a time when a newbie could have the pick of a pair of youngsters, from the nest (Ring Numbers etc.) given to them. No restrictions there then. Today too many promise youngsters, then it's wait and see to had a few problems BUT will get back to you etc.!
Or a pair of 35 day olds that 'Would fly Lerwick' as the saying goes and much more... and very many reasons why it doesn't happen! Now I will point the finger as to whom! Not the lower to middle flyers, no they give their bounty! Yes the so called 'Top Flyers'.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:23 am

ive bred pigeons for quite a few fanciers, who tell me they have been promised ybs off other people, but they never fulfil their promises .......seems there are a lot who promise new starters or fanciers who are low on stock ybs, but let them down.

then on the other hand you get the fancier who cant wait to unload their crap on some un suspecting fool....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:37 pm

I got as much satisfaction giving fanciers pigeons that won for them as I did winning myself.

Attempted several times to get young people involved latterly but they soon lost interest

Too many alternatives that can be undertaken when and where, when our sport needs 365 days a year attention.

Just watched the horse racing, the vast majority of owners are involved for the love of their sport and are fully aware they have no chance of beating the money men.

Other than the odd occasion the same applies on an on going basis today in our sport.

An allotment grass root fancier can compete but the odds are stacked against him/her.

I have come to the opinion that the best way is to just enjoy what you do and any wins class as a bonus, come to think of it, that is what I always did.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 7:42 am

I think its the same with a lot of things (but not all) in the hay day everythings fine and " Im alright Jack" large steady membership big birdage you can add the BOPs as well.
Then pop the bubble bursts and panic...less members no new members birdage drops clubs fold.
As fo BOPs...i can remember Bilco saying " if you haven't got them in your area you soon will"...aye I thought were not going to be bothered by them,felt sorry for the West side who i thought might have a bit bother...Guilty of the im alright jack attitude Sad bubbles burst now tho.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 am

MISTY wrote:
I got as much satisfaction giving fanciers pigeons that won for them as I did winning myself.

Attempted several times to get young people involved latterly but they soon lost interest  

Too many alternatives that can be  undertaken when and where, when our sport needs 365 days a year attention.

Just watched the horse racing, the vast majority of owners are involved for the love of their sport and are fully aware they have no chance of beating the money men.

Other than the odd occasion the same applies on an on going basis today in our sport.

An allotment grass root fancier can compete but the odds are stacked against him/her.

I have come to the opinion that the best way is to just enjoy what you do and any wins class as a bonus, come to think of it, that is what I always did.

absolutely misty Wink

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: club meeting   club meeting - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

club meeting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2