Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
blueskylofts pigeons?? Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) blueskylofts pigeons?? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.blueskylofts pigeons?? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
blueskylofts pigeons?? Vote_lcapblueskylofts pigeons?? Voting_barblueskylofts pigeons?? Vote_rcap 
David
blueskylofts pigeons?? Vote_lcapblueskylofts pigeons?? Voting_barblueskylofts pigeons?? Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221952 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
blueskylofts pigeons?? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
blueskylofts pigeons?? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

blueskylofts pigeons??

Go down 
+2
David
barnie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

blueskylofts pigeons?? Empty
PostSubject: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Just browsing this week's BHW there's an advertisement for sale - pigeons from blueskylofts seems like Phil who used to live in France and was regular on this forum a while back. Doesn't say he's packing up but a few £££ grands worth of stock birds?? Anyone heard anything cos he seemed very keen??
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 pm

I did hear a whisper colin hes on the move again in the not too distant future, probably just reducing numbers........hopefully this is the case anyway.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 9:41 am

phil may be moving again very shortly also not been in the best health but was on the up the last time I spoke about 3 weeks ago,shame to hear maybe he is just cutting back,i will give him a ring later
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 10:31 am

just spoke to phil he is just cutting back ready for his move shortly...he is selling his jos thone stock ,still as keen as ever and seems in good health and spirits cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 10:55 am

oldstrain wrote:
just spoke to phil he is just cutting back ready for his move shortly...he is selling his jos thone stock ,still as keen as ever and seems in good health and spirits cheers

that's good Darren, glad to hear he is ok and just cutting numbers.......
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Well how-dee you-all.

Tiz me - the Phil not in France anymore.

Well as you all know, I have some of our best breeding stock birds up for sale. For those who have not seen our add yet it is on page 140 of this weeks (November 9th issue) British Homing World.

As Darren has already said - We are moving house. We have only been here little under 12 months but it has been the worst 12 months I have ever had!

We started the y/b breeding season with 48 young birds - we now have 6 left. Loads eaten by hawks, both Peregrines and Sparrow Hawks. We have also lost far more than is normal this year, we put in down to some sort of Kidney trauma, the birds got. We know this because we have spent bucket lots of money with Belgica De Weerd, trying to get to the bottom of the problems we have had.

We bought just about every medicine out there, to try and help our beloved birds, but to no avail. We had to kill 3, but most got lost in training or racing, due to this kidney problem.

We have only taken 4 cards this year - 1 x 1st, 2 x 3rd and 1 x 5th place. Last year in frogland, we took over a dozen cards, mostly 1st to 3rds.

We are sure that a great part of our pigeon losses has been down to being so close to the The Forest of Dean. We also found out (too late to help any) that our bird were flying right over Two pairs of Peregrines nest when coming back from training tosses. We changed our training places, but by that time we hardly had a race team left.

So we are selling up here and going to find something MUCH better. We had our house on the market for about 4 weeks, when we had an offer. After a bit of haggling, we got a price we can live with and want to be moved by Christmas.

We are selling our Jos Thone family because - 1. They are our Longer Distance birds, and it is going to take some years before we are ready to race longer races. And 2. Because if anyone wants to start longer distance flying, there is a 'ready made' Family there to start with. Or at least a few of a similar family to be making a start.

If anyone is interested, I can be a bit flexible on the prices. Just contact me through the forum or the BHW. I would rather sell the birds a bit cheaper than have to build nest boxes for them in our new lofts. We really aren't ready for long distance flying yet.

Well, that is it for me for now. Sorry I haven't been on the forum for some time, but we have had too much on our plates and I have not been too well this past months. I am OK now though.

Cheers
Phil

Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 12:41 pm

glad to hear all is ok phil, hopefully once you get sorted you will have more time on the forum......did you know the fancier you got some birds off last year took 1st rpra final this year ?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi David,

Yes I did know that.

That is one reason why I am selling now. I guess some of the birds we got from him, will be related to ours.

Phil
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Nice to see you posting again!!
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Hope you manage to get settled somewhere suitable so you can enjoy the sport......or buy yourself a caravan? Good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi again everyone.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Barnie - we will not be buying a caravan any time soon. Maybe you guys remember Hil and I had a Hymer 654 camper when we were in frogland. We brought it back to Blighty and then had to sell it as we had nowhere to park it long term. We had it at some stables for 4 months, but when we bought this place, it had to go. A real shame - we loved it.

By the way - We have NOT missed frogland once! In fact we are sooooo glad to be out of there. You can't beat the good old UK.

Phil
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Very glad to hear you are both well Phil and hope the sale goes OK for you and you find the right place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blueskylofts pigeons??   blueskylofts pigeons?? Empty

Back to top Go down

blueskylofts pigeons??
Page 1 of 1