Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:21 pm

» Good Morning
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Another off Topic. Xmas presents. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Vote_lcapAnother off Topic. Xmas presents. Voting_barAnother off Topic. Xmas presents. Vote_rcap 
David
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Vote_lcapAnother off Topic. Xmas presents. Voting_barAnother off Topic. Xmas presents. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221953 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Another off Topic. Xmas presents.

Go down 
+3
MISTY
Knackered
halcanada
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Empty
PostSubject: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 2:36 am

I do not believe in Xmas. Bunch of hype and money making crap. Have never bought presents in years for anyone. Good for kids to look forward to. Many millions of adults also. Of course, retailers also. My wife is a confirmed Jehova Witness. They beleive in God. Not Xmas. I am not one but admire their faith.
The best Xmas present I ever recieved still has vitality and intellect. Sometimes too much! For 56 years!
My wife.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 am

halcanada wrote:
I do not believe in Xmas. Bunch of hype and money making crap. Have never bought presents in years for anyone. Good for kids to look forward to. Many millions of adults also. Of course, retailers also. My wife is a confirmed Jehova Witness. They beleive in God. Not Xmas. I am not one but admire their faith.
The best Xmas present I ever recieved still has vitality and intellect. Sometimes too much! For 56 years!
My wife.
lol! lol! lol! Smile Smile Learnt the art Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of sweet talk I see Hal Smile Smile Let you better half there I suggest bounce bounce read your comments here Wink Wink & you may just get a little sweet bonus/surprise for xmas, maybe Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 am

Pleased to hear your wife is a Jehova Witness, Hal, wish all were.

My first wife who I lost to cancer was a dedicated witness as is my daughter, when I asked her, my wife, why she as a witness should suffer so, she said why not me, if all Witnesses were protected from the reality of life they would jump on the band wagon for all the wrong reasons.

For myself I believe they are the nearest to what life is all about and meant to be.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 9:37 am

MISTY wrote:
Pleased to hear your wife is a Jehova Witness, Hal, wish all were.

My first wife who I lost to cancer was a dedicated witness as is my daughter, when I asked her, my wife, why she as a witness should suffer so, she said why not me, if all Witnesses were protected from the reality of life they would jump on the band wagon for all the wrong reasons.  

For myself I believe they are the nearest to what life is all about and meant to be.

Regards.
Happy for everyone to practice what ever faith they may choose here etc Misty Smile Smile. Not happy thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when they come knocking on my door I'm  affraid  bounce  bounce  with bible in hand & then set out to convert me from my normal ways as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am

Misty I also believe that if A. one was prepared to put their' faith on the Line.  Celebrate Xmas … on his birthday of October 1st / 2nd and birthdays thousand, if not Millions more would be pleased to a become a J.W.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 am

Hal reminds me of a fellow who was often question at work etc. about his wife's faith. A Jehovah's witness.
He would answer how proud and pleased he was she was one.
Said house was always clean and tidy. Food on table at appropriate times. The kids were always clean and tidy and well presentable too. Said he never worried where she or what she was doing day or evening, let alone who with! Was blessed to have a completely trust worthy, good and devoted wife,
As for presents at Xmas etc. he said they never put of what the kids, or he wanted, needed and certainly nothing was fobbed off, or having to wait till Xmas etc.
Yes his kids followed their mum, and he was totally pleased and happy about that!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm

I trust them.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Always buy mine a few nice presents to open on Christmas morning santa
This year iv bought her the full range of aviform products along with an aviform hat.
santa
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Yes F/W my wife buys hers after Xmas and in the January sales.

Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Oh she gets birthday presents in February.
Bos pellets..Oregno...Gerry plus...
Ano..i do spoil her lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
Oh she gets birthday presents in February.
Bos pellets..Oregno...Gerry plus...
Ano..i do spoil her lol!
Oh to be so lucky FW Wink Wink If I tried that caper down here etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I would finish up  bounce  bounce on my a**e I'm affraid with one big head ache as such Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 8:10 am

Most men dislike Xmas. Yes it's a big con but is not most things nowadays, look a Valentine's day it supposed to be about secret admirers, but they buy partners cold necklace ECT ECT. Pathetic. Easters the same now .it's getting ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm

You know, the best debates are obviously when both sides understand each other's points of view, and why of course.
The J/W's WILL only relate as to what god's words actually says. Not the complicated made up traditions of men. Simply, one makes a choice....( if so desired) Which it often our choice as  to what suits us?
Everyone to their own, for God gave us all the ability to reason and decide for ourselves.
As for Knocking on the doors, well a polite 'Sorry, I'm not interested' sevices, and they go on their merry way to find some one that maybe interested! Simple.

Last edited by Daz on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 12:45 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
Always buy mine a few nice presents to open on Christmas morning santa
This year iv bought her the full range of aviform products along with an aviform hat.
santa

yes f/w, always buy them something useful, I bought mine a Makita cordless drill a couple of years ago. good un it was too, couldnt have her using a cheap crap one could I ....... Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 9:29 pm

peel bros wrote:
Most men dislike Xmas. Yes it's a big con but is not most things nowadays,  look a Valentine's day it supposed to be about secret admirers,  but they buy partners cold necklace ECT ECT.  Pathetic.  Easters the same now .it's getting ridiculous
Ridiculous maybe Wink Wink but on average Smile Smile if kids are involved etc I don't mind as such Ray. Valentine's day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes cold necklace Wink Wink that a Geordie type thing I take it Smile Smilelol! lol! lol!. Missed the boat here on that one Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes some how. Now, latest con to hit here "yank type thing" called Black Friday Smile Smile where every one wishes to give you a bargain type purchase when you walk through their door so to speak & take your money Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Daz wrote:
You know, the best debates are obviously when both sides understand each other's points of view, and why of course.
The J/W's WILL only relate as to what god's words actually says. Not the complicated made up traditions of men. Simply, one makes a choice....( if so desired) Which it often our choice as  to what suits us?
Everyone to their own, for God gave us all the ability to reason and decide for ourselves.
As for Knocking on the doors, well a polite 'Sorry, I'm not interested' sevices, and they go on their merry way to find some one that maybe interested! Simple.
Afraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Sorry doesn't hack it with me here Daz Smile Smile I'm affraid.  When Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one has a no hawker/salesman type notice posted for all to see etc  bounce  bounce along also, with a no junk mail sign as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 3:26 am

Knackered wrote:
Daz wrote:
Afraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Sorry doesn't hack it with me here Daz Smile Smile I'm affraid.  When Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one has a no hawker/salesman type notice posted for all to see etc  bounce  bounce along also, with a no junk mail sign as such Wink Wink. cheers
They are not selling. Or hawking. Take the time. Read a magazine. They have two. One I read has world events and facts and figures that are interesting to say the least. Other one I just skim through. But again, each to their own point of view. Religion is a matter of perspective. Mormons, Latter Day Saints, Gender Benders, Anal advocates. Sorry! Sorry! Latter two are the same. Roman Catholics.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:09 am

The biggest distributed Magazine worldwide is the Awake with over 60million copies a month.
Then followed by two Watchtowers of over 60.Million each. Now, though, two magazines have been combined.
The Awake carries a great varied reading of all and any topic. Backed up by research. All light reading for one to accept or reject as the reader has the right and reasoning choice to do.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:14 am

: Sorry doesn't hack it with me here Daz Smile Smile I'm affraid.  When Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one has a no hawker/salesman type notice posted for all to see etc  bounce  bounce along also, with a no junk mail sign as such Wink Wink. cheers[/quote]
They are not selling. Or hawking. Take the time. Read a magazine. They have two. One I read has world events and facts and figures that are interesting to say the least. Other one I just skim through. But again, each to their own point of view. Religion is a matter of perspective. Mormons, Latter Day Saints, Gender Benders, Anal advocates. Sorry! Sorry! Latter two are the same. Roman Catholics.
[/quote]

Cold callers eh! Do you still get some knock the door?

Just as a matter of interest, there can't be a law made to stop any person actually knocking a door (Ringing a bell) as that is its self 'Is an invitation call'. BUT if asked to leave one must.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am

yes I think your right there daz, anyone has "implied right of access" but if told to leave they must.......there is a grey area around trespass, unless signs are posted for all to see prior to entering.

even the postman has no right to enter if access is denied. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Trespass eh! The rule is that one has to prove damage etc. Then the fine cannot exceed 25/-
walking the fields one might argue damaging the grass...! Shocked

So for instance walking on land stating 'Trespassers will be prosecuted' bears no merit. Whether that be private land or what not too.
Never ever seen a poacher charge with 'Trespassing'.  then as rabbits were / are classed as vermin, then one can't be prosecuted for that … So they then changed the RABBITS name to Colney and poachers were convicted of 'Being in pursuit of Colney'.
Yes may be added to other charges for enforcing another deed. So the 25 shilling wouldn't be added really … But looks good when one is prosecuted and found guilty for other offense(s).
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Daz wrote:
Trespass eh! The rule is that one has to prove damage etc. Then the fine cannot exceed 25/-
walking the fields one might argue damaging the grass...! Shocked

So for instance walking on land stating 'Trespassers will be prosecuted' bears no merit. Whether that be private land or what not too.
Never ever seen a poacher charge with 'Trespassing'.  then as rabbits were / are classed as vermin, then one can't be prosecuted for that … So they then changed the RABBITS name to Colney and poachers were convicted of 'Being in pursuit of Colney'.
Yes may be added  to other charges for enforcing another deed. So the 25 shilling wouldn't be added really … But looks good when one is prosecuted and found guilty for other offense(s).
Smile Smile See Daz Wink Wink once again, ways & means around everything etc Wink Wink I suggest. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Next time bounce bounce I get a Sudenese thug type group Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad knocking on my door as such, offering a free security check of my house Wink Wink any suggestions forth coming here Wink Wink would be most appreciated  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 3:13 am

Sudanese type thugs. Doubt if they would be holding the Awake magazine in their hands. However, if thugs either eliminate them or direct them to the Salvation Army to raid the donation boxes.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 9:35 am

halcanada wrote:
Sudanese type thugs. Doubt if they would be holding the Awake magazine in their hands. However, if thugs either eliminate them or direct them to the Salvation Army to raid the donation boxes.
TV to-night here Hal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a local football player "Sudenese type" arrested for a home invasion etc along with his partners in crime. Spin doctor types who represent him are looking for sympathy from the judge, as a 12 month sentence here & he can be deported, back to where he come from. Tears are flowing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by his legal eagle team all round as such. Just hope thou  Wink  Wink the judge bounce bounce is my kind of man lol! lol! lol! & is thinking as I'm etc Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 10:41 am

I Next time I get a Sudenese thug type group knocking on my door as such, offering a free security check of my house any suggestions forth coming here. I suppose you could ask if he and mates were being locked up Rolling Eyes and doing all a favour lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another off Topic. Xmas presents.   Another off Topic. Xmas presents. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another off Topic. Xmas presents.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next