Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» This morning on loft.
by halcanada Today at 2:37 am

» Praise for a change. OFF TOPIC
by MISTY Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» Club meeting today
by MISTY Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» Another off topic...
by MISTY Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Weather today
by Knackered Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Different methods.
by Knackered Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Mnfc olr 2018
by oldstrain Yesterday at 7:01 am

» Hen show coming?
by Boosey Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:47 am

» Write to the council
by Knackered Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:50 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
Knackered

MISTY

peel bros

halcanada

Daz

fieldwalker

oldstrain

Boosey

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1155 registered users
The newest registered user is whiteashbob

Our users have posted a total of 172678 messages in 11377 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

halcanada

Share | 

Old friend back.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Old friend back.   Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 pm

This one did not make it. .22 bullets too old to fire. Used the barrel as he came out from under the loft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:44 pm

what is it hal.......?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Is that a raccoon Hal, hard to tell by the pic, but looking at the hands could be a ‘coon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:05 am

Yes. A coon. Very dangerous to birds. This one tried like heck to get in to each loft. people feed them so he was not too scared or else he had some wrong with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:13 am

Dogs not kill them Hal ? Obviously not scared of dog scent. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am

When staying in Canada with a Bill Butterfield - hailed from same place as Hal did - he told me regards these 'Horrid' and clever killers.
Couldn't persuade him - often wondered why - he never used a 'Electric Fence' Shocked ! Or direct to the mains Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:27 pm

FW. Dog smells did not bother him. Usually dogs are caged but the big guy was going nuts to get out. Hours earlier. Smelt him? Tied him up and he want under the truck. Beleive the coon had been under there.
Daz. Bill was a good guy. Took a video of the Empire Classic when I got 6th or 7th. 2008 I think. Have the disc but will not play very well. Electric fences. Had them here. Coons always managed to get around or through them .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:38 pm

halcanada wrote:
Yes. A coon. Very dangerous to birds. This one tried like heck to get in to each loft. people feed them so he was not too scared or else he had some wrong with him.
You just can keep your coon type animals Hal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Give me the local kangaroo types here bounce bounce bounce ing along my local road as such lol! lol! lol! etc Smile Smile  for a stress full type of situation with my birds any day Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 am

Does "skippy" not cause any problems around the loft ?
I know hes handy when Blues fell down the well.... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:25 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Does "skippy" not cause any problems around the loft ?
I know hes handy when Blues fell down the well.... lol! lol! lol!
No, no never FW Wink Wink haven't you ever watched skippy on TV etc lol! lol! lol! one of the good guys etc Wink Wink at least that what his local clan/mob here tell me Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:53 am

The way its going Skippy will soon be the new Xmas dinner lol! bounce Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Had roo burgers at a butchers here a few years ago.
Kept jumping out the pan.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:45 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
Had roo burgers at a butchers here a few years ago.
Kept jumping out the pan.. Embarassed

A bit rood then eh! Surprised Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Good one!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Daz wrote:
The way its going Skippy will soon be the new Xmas dinner lol! bounce Shocked Very Happy
Careful Daz Wink Wink Skippy has icon status down here etc Smile Smile. Don't you ever watch TV type of thing lol! lol! lol! Throw in Lassie I suspect Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes along with Skippy & also Rex the wonder dog/detective etc Smile Smile & you have the brain power unfortunately I would suggest of my local politicians here & from my perspective that just wouldn't make sadly, such a good xmas dinner Wink Wink some how  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:20 pm

hey knackered, is it right that aborigine hunting was only abolished in the 1970`s, I read something a few days ago saying they could be hunted and killed like vermin, legally...... Suspect Suspect study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm

David wrote:
hey knackered, is it right that aborigine hunting was only abolished in the 1970`s, I read something a few days ago saying they could be hunted and killed like vermin, legally...... Suspect Suspect study

You mean David like the Red Indian ( the U.S.A.) where the government paid a dollar for every Indian scalp as proof that they had killed one. Easier to carry and store scalps than bodies I guess.

By the way the red skin never, ever scalped any one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Daz wrote:
David wrote:

You mean David like the Red Indian ( the U.S.A.) where the government paid a dollar for every Indian scalp as proof that they had killed one. Easier to carry and store scalps than bodies I guess.

By the way the red skin never, ever scalped any one.

yes daz, just the same......who knows in years to come the Englishman / indigenous Briton might be hunted too eh Suspect Suspect study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 pm

David wrote:
Could be right in a legal type sense I suggest David Wink Wink but in a real life type environment  I suspect it not to be so as such. Do remember thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the last black fella group bounce bounce to come out of the desert here & meet the white fella types for the first time, was around the early 1950's. 160 odd years etc Smile Smile from  when Cook landed & caused havoc to the local types Smile Smile. Have spent billions on the black fella type groups here over the years etc by our government with much of it wasted unfortunately Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I've found, as many still prefer sadly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes on average to live in a humpy in a river bank type environment being pissed to the eye balls & drunk 24/7/52 & then still complain how hard life is in general.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:14 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
Could be right in a legal type sense I suggest David Wink Wink but in a real life type environment  I suspect it not to be so as such. Do remember thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the last black fella group bounce bounce to come out of the desert here & meet the white fella types for the first time, was around the early 1950's. 160 odd years etc Smile Smile from  when Cook landed & caused havoc to the local types Smile Smile. Have spent billions on the black fella type groups here over the years etc by our government with much of it wasted unfortunately Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I've found, as many still prefer sadly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes on average to live in a humpy in a river bank type environment being pissed to the eye balls & drunk 24/7/52 & then still complain how hard life is in general.  cheers
Exactly the same here! No not quite. No desert. But credit were credit is due very many make up the ladder of what is called success. As with any different race/culture I do not despise or fear them. Just wary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:57 am

Like the first Genocide done by a U.K. country? When the Scots (Celtic) systematically eradicated the Picts. The finality came when they invited all Picts, women children to a meeting and slaughtered them all. Everyone of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Daz wrote:
Like the first Genocide done by a U.K. country? When the Scots (Celtic) systematically eradicated the Picts. The finality came when they invited all Picts, women children to a meeting and slaughtered them all. Everyone of them.
Genocide Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes same, same here Daz to a certain degree, sadly  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  65,000 years of local culture bounce bounce all but gone etc. Unless Wink Wink you go bush & find a rock Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes where many of them left messages for the future generations type of thing to read. Then Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes we have, what is known as the stolen generation of black fella types bounce bounce where the do gooder types Wink Wink like different Churches/governments took the young babies/kids away from their parents & placed them in institutions for their own welfare as such. Long list of mistameanours "well documented"  then unfortunately happened to many of them Wink Wink with the Catholic church types bounce bounce being at the fore front of re-education them in certain ways to their liking Wink Wink. End of the day here, a sad sad scenario on average I suggest, with what & how we treated what is known as the stolen generation group of people here, even today. Now Smile Smile Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! tried to put & find some pigeon issue with the above etc Smile Smile but sadly I would suggest Wink Wink it would maybe only be, a pigeon pie type recipe Smile Smile being what/who the topic is all about etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 am

Mankinds inhumanity to others of the same species will always occur.
There is no solution. Beleif in God will save many. Goverments and armies will save more. Percentage wise though probably no change. Ahemm...outer space people come and look? Fix humankind? Probably just say let them eliminate themselves! Historical for species.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 am

Yes Knackered, I have read of the atrocities that happen here, sending the children to Australia. Yes it was the churches, mostly the Roman Catholics.

Daughter lies in Sidney, has for a few years now. Tells me one has to be careful walking through 'China Town' as they certainly don't like you there.
Say much is given to the 'Black Fella' have a lot given in represent of past 'nasty Treatment' but that also irks many.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Daz wrote:
Yes Knackered, I have read of the atrocities that happen here, sending the children to Australia. Yes it was the churches, mostly the Roman Catholics.

Daughter lies in Sidney, has for a few years now. Tells me one has to be careful walking through 'China Town' as they certainly don't like you there.
Say much is given to the 'Black Fella' have a lot given in represent of past 'nasty Treatment' but that also irks many.
Smile Smile China town Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Redfern bounce bounce Black fella type territory Wink Wink is where she should never go there Daz etc I suggest. Local job advertised in the local paper here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad last week, was thinking of applying as such bounce bounce Pigeon feed required "Bulk" Smile Smile 1st requirement required for the position Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one must speak Chinese/Cantonese Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if not, don't bother applying Smile Smile. Black fella story Wink Wink local Redfern type, called Mundine here "Big mouth" had fantasies that he could box etc. Got in the ring last night here up against a bloke called Jeff Horn "normal type of bloke" The mouth Smile Smile lastest a full 90 seconds of the first round as such Wink Wink Oh what joy lol! lol! lol! Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old friend back.   

Back to top Go down

Old friend back.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next