Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
how long before you start Emptyby barnie Today at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
how long before you start Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
how long before you start Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
how long before you start Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
how long before you start Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
how long before you start Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
how long before you start Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
how long before you start Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
how long before you start Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) how long before you start 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 76 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.how long before you start Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
how long before you start Vote_lcaphow long before you start Voting_barhow long before you start Vote_rcap 
David
how long before you start Vote_lcaphow long before you start Voting_barhow long before you start Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
how long before you start Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
how long before you start Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

how long before you start

Go down 
+2
David
Rene A
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

how long before you start Empty
PostSubject: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:59 pm

how long would member wait before they started traing ther'er YBs ?
when they start ranging or a few weeks before the race season ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:14 pm

hi rene, ive heard some start when the ybs are ranging off for an hour or so, and have been doing for a while........also heared some do it a few weeks before racing so im not sure as im new to it myself and this is one of the questions i wanted to know myself....... Very Happy cat
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:25 pm

i wish mine would start rangeing there flying well hour on a morrning and hour on night ... but they just going round with other birds .... tryed them out on dinner time by selfs and they just fly for hour
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm

hi phil, flying round with which other birds......? old birds ?
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:54 pm

sorry yes flying around with old birds .... tryed them out a bit late today only my young birds out and they where around the loft and then 40 mins later back in loft ....
but i have a hand full that r just walking around the garden still ....
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:02 pm

hi phil, i dont think they will go off ranging if you are letting them out with the old birds.........thats providing they are not too young or providing they have been flying round for a while, most of mine are still walking around the garden and not doing much flying and some of them are looking like yearlings.

i dont know if its true but ive been told that ybs on the dark wont want to fly much, others say they do but for me they dont.......... Razz
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:14 pm

its not my old birds its with everyone else old birds im going to try and hold on till dinner time and try let them out on there owne if not then it going to be after 6pm
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:33 pm

i start 4 weeks before the season starts with youngbirds gives me plenty of time to get them race fit also can pick the better days for training
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

hi phil, i think if you want them to go ranging they will need to be out earlyish in the day.......i dont think they will range if they are exercised at 6 oclock evening,

some fanciers purposely let theirs out evenings so they dont go ranging.........i spoke to fancier few days ago and when i told him i let my ybs out early morning he said "oh, youll loose them" its too early, so as you see each fancier has their own ideas so just listen to what advise you get and make up your own mind for which suits you best.......... Razz
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:28 am

i let mine out in afternoon, others said they need to be out in morning aswell, i kept them in in mornings away from training, yesterday i tried them in morning, result 4 on house roof all night 2 lost 11 hours to get 36 out of 42 birds in
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:58 pm

mornings are better by far
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

my youngbirds are out twice a day now morning and afternoon getting about 45mins each time soon will be very fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long before you start   how long before you start Empty

Back to top Go down

how long before you start
Page 1 of 1