Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
Another off topic...  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:44 pm

» Good Morning
Another off topic...  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:13 am

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Another off topic...  Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Another off topic...  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
Another off topic...  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Another off topic...  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Another off topic...  Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Another off topic...  Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Another off topic...  Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Another off topic...  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Another off topic...  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Another off topic...  Vote_lcapAnother off topic...  Voting_barAnother off topic...  Vote_rcap 
David
Another off topic...  Vote_lcapAnother off topic...  Voting_barAnother off topic...  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222393 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Another off topic...  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Another off topic...  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Another off topic...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Another off topic...  Empty
PostSubject: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Now look in the mirror, after you read this, and be honest... What action, if any, would you take?

It's a cold day early  in November about dusk. Rain clouds galore fill the sky. You count the seconds from the last flash of lightning to the clasp of thunder … just three!
You look out across the street: dark clouds full of rain, and darker wisps driven below via strong winds. The rain splatters with force against the window. You feel cold, a chill up your back.
A couple is walking up the street. The woman has an umbrella up. The man... can you believe it has just opened up his News Paper  and put it over his head. (That won't last long lol) The dog on the lead is striving and tugging in front as the rain bounces 4 to 6 inches of the ground. In the gutter water streams down, like a flash flood swilling around the drain hole..
 It seems a little quieter now — however, constant light rain with a gale force spattering against the window pane continues. You look up at the rooftops. Over the road, the chimney stack catches your eye! Did that shake, wobble? No you say, it's just an optical illusion … still! Now somehow you get a fixation on that chimney! You're sure now that it wobbles. Not the chimney potts but the whole stack.
You call out for a second opinion to your' better half 'Gertrude cum ere and Tek a Dekkers at this gal'.  The wife comes and watches with you. The chimney, in the still calm, doesn't seem to move...  However, you both agree in the strong gusts it shakes. Indeed it moves a mite, even wobbles.
The chimney, over the road, is shared by numbers 47 and 49.
47 has the old couple living there: happy Violet and smiling Sam. Both in their late 70's Smiler has lived there all his life.
Next door lives a New wave couple.  Nature lovers who changed their names by de – poll to Tree. He's now Branchoff, and she is Bendy. They don't mix too well with neighbours. He has the gold chain around his neck dandling down to his hairy chest. His dirty yellow stained teeth he says is how nature intends. They have a couple of Rottweilers. The two sons are Stump and Big Twig, and the girl is named Pretty Petal.

Now you and the good lady take another look about 9 : 30 or so — There's still a strong wind. Your concern, of course, is if the chimney comes down it will go straight through the roof. Indeed the ceilings to the floor... Could kill someone!

Now would you go out in the rain to warn them there and then?  Indeed would you say it's nothing to do with you and to mind your own business? Do you say to yourself, and the wife, I'll go over in the morning'? Would you sleep soundly when the wind rattles you window panes?
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. I would warn them.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Would most certainly tell those in possible danger of the problem and if necessary offer temporary accommodation until the danger was over, could not live with myself to let such a situation turn into a trajic event.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 am

halcanada wrote:
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. I would warn them.
No brainer type of situation etc I say. Neighbours Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes may tend to be a pain in the a**e at times I suggest Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but like family as such bounce bounce one must always have a caring attitude towards them Wink Wink if the danger scenario is lurking for what ever reason. May thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! just think twice before acting Smile Smile if they were of Sudenese nature Wink Wink maybe. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 am

O.k, so you go over in the morning after a sleepless night … Maybe you wanted to go straight over...
Rain has stopped, and warm sun is getting up in a blue sky.
You, a little sheepishly knock Smiling Sam's abode who answers with a smile 'Good Morning mate', a fine morn it is too'. You agree, and the thought hits you 'Will he believe me'!  It certainly looks O.k this morning with no wind!

So you strike up a conversation which leads to why you are there. Does he believe you? Does he want to consider you? He comes onto the pavement and looks up where you are pointing. The chimney Stack! All is still! Happy Violet comes and stands aside and asks Sam what the matter is! Sam says nothing to worry about my pet, He continues with a smile or a smirk! 'He means well I guess. He thought our chimney moved last night'!
 'Oh will be alright den Sam'. Yeah, of course, no worries there. Been up and served us well for nigh a hundred years. Dad was involved, so you know a good job was done'.
'So you think it will be alright then'! 'Of course gal... Well, it will see our days out'!
He wishes you good morning with thanks and a wink stating 'I'm sure it will be alright'!
A perplexed and feeling helpless you knock next door. Quite a racket starts up with a couple of Rottweilers letting you know that they are they!
The hairy chest ones open the door and comes out pulling the door – thankfully behind him.
'Yeah'! He spits ' What's up'?
You feel rather oddly foolish, but … well here goes and you relate your sorry concerns.
He doesn't show a change in the face. Indeed seems unmoved.
 Bendy comes out to hold a snarling dog on a short leash and barking orders to shut up at it.
Branchoff comes to the roadside kerb and looks up. Unconcerned he asks. What way does the wind blow usually'? 'You what'! says you.
'Tell me if I'm wrong'; with a knowing, even cocky voice 'But doesn't the wind have mostly west in it'?
'Well yes,' you answer somewhat bewildered.
'Well then if that falls down, it would go through next doors roof, that would be his problem then right'!
Then says 'So don't bother us again with that twaddle. Thanks'.

Now how do you feel?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 pm

I would feel pity for all concerned, but the scenario is a little far fetched.

Never had a wrong word between any of our close residents, over 45 years, but it does take all sorts.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Scenario, Misty, is very apt at the moment. Indeed 'Just who is our neighbour?

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Daz wrote:
Scenario, Misty, is very apt at the moment.  Indeed 'Just who is our neighbour?

True Wink Wink who is our neighbour bounce bounce. Had as neighbour thing here yesterday etc actually Daz. Watching the last part of the cricket here on TV & heard a knock on the front door as such. Knew it wasn't Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a bunch of Sudenese thug types on the prowl, as they don't come out till after dark here Wink Wink. So I answered the door & it was one of my neighbours from over the road, telling me they just had some trees cut down along with their neighbour also & if interested Smile Smile Smile free wood for my fire was on offer there. Up like superman I was lol! lol! lol! as nothing I like more than a free bee Wink Wink especially where close neighbours are concerned/involved Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 pm

My approach has always been, HELP ANYONE IN NEED INCLUDING THY NEIGHBOUR.

As far as I am aware most people have the same approach, just as you have all kinds of anti this and anti that, you will find anti social people, and they are best left to their own devices if beyond reason.

There are very few idiots compared to the concerned, the latter do a marvourlous job in numerous different circumstances.

I do agree that once you start mixing people from different Nations, for many reasons, mainly religious, you will have increasing problems.

Just look at the World in general at the present time and the sad and disgusting events that are exposed on a daily basis. beyond a normal persons understanding.

Much anti social behaviour is down to drugs etc; we now have parents who were users over several generations and this does not help matters when they cannot get a fix etc;

The fact is that matters world wide cannot be made suitable for the future by mankind, matters are now in the latter stages of mans means of destroying everything to an extent that if left to man alone to solve would be futile.

Roll on ARMAGEDDON. (JUST LOOK IT UP)

Regards

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Back to part one.
O.k. many say that they would tell the neighbours etc.
None said when. When raining hard early evening, later when rain has calmed down... Or couldn't sleep so 2 in the morning. Or next morning!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Obvious to me. See potential danger ACT!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 pm

NO BRAINER.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Daz wrote:
Back to part one.
O.k. many say that they would tell the neighbours etc.
None said when. When raining hard early evening, later when rain has calmed down... Or couldn't sleep so 2 in the morning. Or next morning!
Steady on Daz Wink Wink we are but pigeon flyers here etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I suggest & not politician types as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 1:41 am

Same scenario. Cat on a loft looking to enter. Loft belongs to a guy who beats you all the time. Warn or not?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 am

halcanada wrote:
Same scenario. Cat on a loft looking to enter. Loft belongs to a guy who beats you all the time. Warn or not?
lol! lol! lol! Trust a Canadian. Ex Pom type Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink to come up with that one etc Hal  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 6:10 am

What would you be doing spying on the other fanciers loft?.

The answer of course is flying in the wind.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Well going back to why I posted as such at the start.
Was at time  snippet here and there regards the J.W 's.

Now they take their' faith to the neighbours. On the street. Knocking doors.

they see the state of the world like us all every day! They put their' faith on the line... for one to agree or not. Many politely refuse. More don't want to know. Yet still they go out in all weathers,. because simply put, they care for their neighbours and the human race world wide. - Yes they are in the 240 odd lands now with bibles printed in over 800 languages etc.
They meet many EVERY day as those I mentions first off. that is their choice and one well respected by the J.W's But that in it's self shows just how genuine and concerned they are for the fellow human race.
So they knock my door and ask AM I... DO I... ETC.... I politely say 'Sorry, not interested, it's not my cup of tea' etc. They say 'Thanks for not wasting our time' etc. and leave. Not harm done.
Now it is just 'We are J/W's are you interested' … Answer 'No'! Then it's ' Thanks for not wasting our time' etc. as time is so short and can't to wasted as there are very many now that are interested.
One fellow I know does 180 magazine a month alone.

Any way as this is a mainly a chat line for pigeons I won't bore you all lol. But thought that I ought t finish what I started.

By the way, just as a matter of interest - to some lol - the worlds biggest magazine distribution is A. the Watch Tower with over 60 Million every month. B. Second is the Awake with over 60 million every month and 3rrd following closely id the 'Watch Tower Study' with nearly as many.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Awake, what a wonderful name for a publication at this time in history, too many people are half, if not all, unaware of the actual world situation.

The Watch Tower, full of information relative to past and present situations accounting for past events throughout history and what is to come.

The good thing is that those that can be bothered to read both are usually awakened to the truth.

Try it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 pm

MISTY wrote:
Awake, what a wonderful name for a publication at this time in history, too many people are half, if not all, unaware of the actual world situation.

The Watch Tower, full of  information relative to past and present situations accounting for past events throughout history and what is to come.

The good thing is that those that can be bothered to read both are usually awakened to the truth.

Try it.

Regards.
Agree about the Awake name Misty etc Smile Smile. For me thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes fairly or unfairly as such bounce bounce those that try to deliver that type of thing to me Smile Smile have a certain annoyance/nuisance factor about them, unfortunately. Thou also on average, harmless with their kind/thoughts & nature at the end of the day for me here  Wink  Wink also. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 am

They are genuine and want nowt, or ask for nowt.

Branches of Jehovah’s Witnesses: 2018 Grand Totals
Number of Lands Reporting: 240
Total Congregations: 119,954
Worldwide Memorial Attendance: 20,329,317
Memorial Partakers Worldwide: 19,521
Peak of Publishers 8,579,909
Average Publishers Preaching Each Month: 8,360,594
Percentage of Increase Over 2017: 1.4
Total Number Baptize:281,744
Average Pioneer / Publishers Each Month: 1,267,808
Average Auxiliary Pioneer Publishers Each Month: 446,642
Total Hours Spent in Field: 2,074,655,497
Average Bible Studies Each Month: 10,079,709 During the 2018 service year Jehovah’s Witnesses spent over $21  million in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and circuit overseers in their field service assignments. Worldwide, a total of 20,331 ordained ministers staff the branch facilities. All are members of the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2018-service-year-report/2018-country-territory/

2,074,655,497 hours = 2368.328 years preaching and teaching! Per year!
All done free!
Over 50 new Kingdom halls built every week. Etc. etc.

Very often, and in most  case they are the very first to attend and help in any Nature's disasters.
In Haiti for instance they were there 3 days before any help came from any country or sauce. They stay and help and give time, building works etc. and much more ALL free. It goes on.
For instance there are 660.000 paid priest etc. in the USA.
There are 1,200,000 unpaid ministers / publishers in the USA alone etc.
Obviously they don't want, or need payment or have any hidden agenda's … But if not interested, maybe a Polite No thanks would be appreciated. lol
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:01 pm

They have a printing press at Georgetown here. Wife did the tour some years ago. Beleive it is underground. Natural caves etc.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Any help they can possibly give, is given with good grace and with no intention of receiving or wanting any thanks.

They do not have elaborate churches just Kingdom Halls, built by the congregations, our local one was justly given a very good write up when it was completed by the local congregation.

If the Church of England sold all the fancy dresses they prance around in and turned all the properties they own into homes for the homeless, the problem would be solved, they talk a good talk and act like pompous second rate actors, dressed like long gone evil entities.

I have no idea what religion they are supposed to represent, maybe, THE DO AS YOU WANT, ANYTHING GOES BRIGADE, it certainly has very little to do with the Bibles teaching, just a club for the corrupt and devious.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 6:50 pm

MISTY wrote:
Any help they can possibly give, is given with good grace and with no intention of receiving or wanting any thanks.

They do not have elaborate churches just Kingdom Halls, built by the congregations, our local one was justly given a very good write up when it was completed by the local congregation.

If the Church of England sold all the fancy dresses they prance around in and turned all the properties they own into homes for the homeless, the problem would be solved, they talk a good talk and act like pompous second rate actors, dressed like long gone evil entities.

I have no idea what religion they are supposed to represent, maybe, THE DO AS YOU WANT, ANYTHING GOES BRIGADE, it certainly has very little to do with the Bibles teaching, just a club for the corrupt and devious.

Regards.

One could maybe suggest Misty Wink Wink if the Catholic church in Italy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes gave their fortune away to the poor etc they would make the Church of England types look like peasant's on average I suspect. End of the day for many, faith is a good thing as such Smile Smile but for others though unfortunately Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad those preaching what & how things should be done bounce bounce I'm affraid are there own worst enemy with their spruiking & ways much of the time from my end here. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Stairway to Heaven. Highway to Hell. They have the traffic flow right....
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 8:38 am

We dug the foundations on a Saturday for the Kingdom Hall.

On the Sunday the building of the hall started. Shops opposite set up chairs and a cuppa for spectators. The working men's club was alive with the topic of the building progress.
All was completed by 7 O'clock that evening for the congregation meeting. Water, electric, plastering, carpeting etc. all finish... Yes like most it was built in a day. Many concerns ventured - like Tesco's, if they could build their new supermarkets! Big stores would be up and shopping within in 3 weeks.

Of course it wasn't feasible as ALL the work is / was carried out by members for free via the members.
3 site agents on site at all times to check all was prim and proper and properly done.
Now that did some sorting out before hand … very well organised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another off topic...    Another off topic...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Another off topic...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next