Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» racing this weekend 22/23 june
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby Don Webb Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» South shields central huntingdon
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby Don Webb Yesterday at 11:05 pm

» Weather today
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby Don Webb Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» Interesting!
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby halcanada Yesterday at 1:24 am

» Boris the Baffoon
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby Daz Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 am

» Yb with broken leg
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby Daz Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 am

» 2019 RPRA One Loft Update.
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby MISTY Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:11 am

» fourgeres 22/6/19
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby David Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 am

» Obviois Bias
Forums, ambitions etc,. Emptyby Daz Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud. Forums, ambitions etc,. Syndic11
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Forums, ambitions etc,. Resise10
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Forums, ambitions etc,. 1zflxrb
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Forums, ambitions etc,. Resize10
Top posting users this week
David
Forums, ambitions etc,. Vote_lcapForums, ambitions etc,. Voting_barForums, ambitions etc,. Vote_rcap 
Daz
Forums, ambitions etc,. Vote_lcapForums, ambitions etc,. Voting_barForums, ambitions etc,. Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
redrog
halcanada
MISTY
markevans
barnie
peel bros
Boosey
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1171 registered users
The newest registered user is John72

Our users have posted a total of 178292 messages in 11734 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Forums, ambitions etc,. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Forums, ambitions etc,. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Forums, ambitions etc,. Johngriz3-1
Top posters
David
Don Webb
oldstrain
IANYOUNG
peel bros
Knackered
Gaz b
birdy2011
halcanada
Rene A

Forums, ambitions etc,.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Forums, ambitions etc,. Empty
PostSubject: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 2:05 am

Will try and be articulate. Nothing in order. Forums. Looked in to many over the years. Best used to be the Alberta Classic site. Worldwide input ideas etc,. However about dead now. Why? Facebook came on line I beleive and members just quit visiting. The archives there are outstanding. This site is good. Only one I visit nowadays.
Apathy in the pigeon sport. More so in some countries than others. From what I read posted by older, respected members. Same in this country but to a much lesser degree. Think US is the same. One Loft races, (hate them or not) seem to trigger much interest. Million Dollar races? Unheard of not too many years ago. One in the US this year. Winner of one SA million dollar race was by David Clausing. He was forced in to One loft racing after he won so many in Florida. Then banned from club racing. 5 years previous he had won nothing after moving down there from New York state I beleive. He went back up North and bought pigeons from a guy who flew very well up there. Those birds bred his winners. Strain name was Houbens. Sold to the guy by Mike Ganus. Who had imported the strain. Mike also won the SA race year or 2 ago. Mike did not recognise the cock who bred the good ones as a good breeder. So sold him. The Hoben strain from Clausing were winning everywhere in the US. David did a lot of research in to the breeding, genetics of the prepotent sire. It was not bred by Houben. So one does not know were the best ones come from until they are tested on the road and if not consistently late tried again. Dummies fall by the way side.
Why does a person race pigeons? To win races. Win money. Sell offspring of winners. I do it for my own pleasure. Winning is nice but nowadays not that important. To me anyway. Club meetings never bother any more or Fed meetings. Nothing I can change. I race within the rules. So. Satisfied with whatever situation changes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 7:36 am

Interesting post Hal.

It is clear, from what I read, things are very different all over the world re pigeons and pigeon racing.

One Loft races - As you say 'Hate them or not' that is the way that things seem to be going. But I wonder how many people get involved for the interest in racing pigeons - OR - the interest in getting money in any way they can. It is just another type of gambling in my mind.

I don't know about Canada, but here in the UK nearly every other advert on the TV has something to do with gambling - I hate it!

The amount of people one sees in shops and supermarkets, that simply by the way they dress and smell, obviously don't have much money, still buy cigarettes and at the same time purchase a few Lottery tickets, in the vain hope that that are going to get rich. More gambling - are they mad.

Just my opinion.

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:29 am

your right hal, a lot pigeon fanciers are turning away from forums, preferring instead to visit facebook............why, I don't really know. I am a member of facebook, and of groups, but as for preferring them to a forum, I don't, I very rarely post anything on them......I think its a certain type who do.

over the 10 years we have been going on this forum members have come and gone for all types of reasons, sometimes the forum goes quiet, then other times it picks up........but the main thing is we are still here, and coming up to our 10 year anniversary cheers cheers cheers flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 9:33 am

David wrote:
your right hal, a lot pigeon fanciers are turning away from forums, preferring instead to visit facebook............why, I don't really know. I am a member of facebook, and of groups, but as for preferring them to a forum, I don't, I very rarely post anything on them......I think its a certain type who do.

over the 10 years we have been going on this forum members have come and gone for all types of reasons, sometimes the forum goes quiet, then other times it picks up........but the main thing is we are still here, and coming up to our 10 year anniversary cheers cheers cheers flower

Well done Dave et al

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philongold.net
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm

I prefer Forums also. Heck in the Alberta Classic (just looked) have posted 6,000 times!! Been a member many years.
Lotterie tickets are a big seller here. As always, odds are tremendous!
Dave. Good job running this Forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Was a time many years ago, when I put it to the fed, a 'Corporate' race program that could be set up to our advantage(s). Also I visited many and put the thoughts to them. In them days our results were put in the paper EVERY week.

A loose format:

Firstly I was very surprised, and pleased with the interest garnered and promises of many said that they would give it a go. This gave me the not only a further interest, but felt it was a no lose, but a gain adventure that would work. Would be easy to set up and run!
These to incorporate school lofts.

Have at one of the schools built a decent loft... gosh before the E.T. was prevailed.
Then companies could Buy pigeons to be raced. This would also entail a league.
We would give a write up every week as to the first four birds clocked. Colour, age and some info of it's pedigree and history. Factitious or not.
I had meeting with the local papers. Also with B.T.

The idea there was that Monday Tuesday and Wednesday etc. people could phone in the pigeon that they liked the sound off. Ring Number etc. nB.t. wanted 50% of the total of calls. The other was to go to the Fed for distributions. Newbies. Charities, etc. etc.
The corporations would cover transport costs.
Also 2 training tosses per week.

In the case of no winner etc. having a bet on it, the Birds placings would move up, but only 50% would be paid out. The other was to be held and added till an actual winner backed won!
Plus much more.
An hour twice a week of companies secs would have worked wonders. Fed into a Fed Sec, or a person designated etc.
Much good publicity for the sport. Clubs and Advertising for the companies / shops small firms, Bookies etc. etc. A way of raising funds etc.
Like many papers for free had a 'Tipster League'. That was free to enter. Individuals, concerns Football teams etc. etc. entered that and caused much interest.

After some debates, the worry of being involved, or asked to do something once in a while meant Apathy scorned the project.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:48 pm

At least you did not sit on your backside as the majority do and let others attempt new venture, Daz..

Sounds a little complicated to me but at least it must have caused some interest and new thinking both inside and outside the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 10:05 pm

halcanada wrote:
I prefer Forums also. Heck in the Alberta Classic (just looked) have posted 6,000 times!! Been a member many years.
Lotterie tickets are a big seller here. As always, odds are tremendous!
Dave. Good job running this Forum!
True Hal Wink Wink in regards to this forum etc. Been bounce bounce bounce ing along for ten years is some feat as such I suggest Smile Smile when many of the like have falling by the way side from my perspective. At times Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one wishes here lol! lol! lol! we had the likes of Billy T the Texan Wink Wink & old Fleming "Mr Eyesign" Smile Smile to fire things up as such lol! lol! lol! But then Wink Wink the world is not perfect & so one must just put up with the rabble here that we have to keep the wheel in motion I suggest Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 am

Yes Billy T was a character. As was Fleming and Eyesign101. Got a notification on there that 800 mile flyer had died. Quite sometime ago. From an Aussie. You? Hard to to tell nowadays. Do not know your name in the Alberta Classic site. Or on here. Seems here a few hide their identity. For whatever reasons. Many do identify themselves and can be Googled. Some on here visit my Facebook page.
Mystifies me why people have strong opinions on subjects on the Forum but hide their identity. Misty. Daz. Few others. You also. But each to their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

halcanada wrote:
Yes Billy T was a character. As was Fleming and Eyesign101. Got a notification on there that 800 mile flyer had died. Quite sometime ago. From an Aussie. You? Hard to to tell nowadays. Do not know your name in the Alberta Classic site. Or on here. Seems here a few hide their identity. For whatever reasons. Many do identify themselves and can be Googled. Some on here visit my Facebook page.
Mystifies me why people have strong opinions on subjects on the Forum but hide their identity. Misty. Daz. Few others. You also. But each to their own.
Appears some what  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Hal Wink Wink you have an itch issue etc Smile Smile lol!  lol!  lol!  with those here using a pseudonym as such Smile Smile. Couldn't/wouldn't speak for others here in the same boat type of thing bounce bounce but as you say Smile Smile each to their own type of thing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 am

halacanda,
My name, location etc; are there for all to see I am against people hiding their identity and have said so.

But it is up to each one to do as they wish, as there is no rule regarding this matter.

Do not think there are any ulterior motives regarding those on this site but one never knows.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:50 am

don't matter what yer name is its whats behind it that counts ,you could be using a real name that's not yours who would know pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 am

Thought my name was on my initial entry on the site just had a look and it is not.

My Name. Albert Rosbottom/

Address 28 Hatterboard Drive
Scarborough,
N. Yorks.

Pefectly happy to have anyone make a complaint as long as they identify themseves and give chance of reply.

The many compements over the years have been accepted with good grace.

It is the nameless back biters I deplore.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Personally I care not a jot if the real name never services. Would that change their views? Make them, or me, more or less popular?
It is as I posted the Has been that never was sticking their spoke in to be SEEN, heard,, and to show off. Empty vessels with self esteem and able to hide behind a type writer. But hey, they are usually a poster that's socks it to them.

My Name is:
Roland Paul Mayhew
186 / 188 St. Peters Avenue
Kettering
Nothants
NN16 0HE.

Now does that make my views any better? More rtealistic. Praise worthy or derograghtive.
Some may say it adds a certain Trust as to what one says. Maybe to some.
But a debate is not a slanging, shouting match. the one with the biggest stick wins … wins nothing actually, and certainly doesn't convince the other(s) he is right. Indeed mostly likely just the opposite.
A debated can be heated true, and hands shaken afterwards so to speak. But the essence is that one may learn something. Take away some larger or small knowledge that can be put to good use. BY hopefully both / all whom debate, or look in.

Personally, it is what I say that actually matters. one can take it or leave it. I certainly would have no qualms either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 2:40 pm

WOW!!! Not the response I expected!! Delighted!!
What I was going to point out that in some other Forums I have been in, people give advice and boast of their winners etc, yet will not give you verification. So all taken with a grain of salt by me.
I had assumed Roly from the Alberta site might be on here. Good to talk with. If he is he has certainley advanced grammatically.
Again, surprised and delighted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 3:48 pm

If you could read some of the letters I have received over the years regarding our sport, or lack of sport, it would make you cry.

The fact is that in many cases I could offer no solution because the same circumstances prevailed in our area.

Fanciers who an outsider would think reliable were just as bad as those I was being asked for a solution for.

Total disregard for the rules, liars, and total misfits as far as sport is concerned and some did jobs that others would not so they were allowed to get away with it and spread their vile untruths to their hearts content, of course behind fanciers backs, but then if you can get your photo etc; in the paper ???????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Camanco run via Jim R. was a great site. Hal, as in all things now I have slowed down.... this includes my writing lolo
. Use to write catching up with my thoughts. Never checked spelling etc. Too much of a rush to get onto the next topic lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Do not slow down Daz, you cannot beat experience and the older you get the more you get, frustration can creep in but, hey, makes life more interesting, spelin and puncktuation ???????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Daz wrote:
Camanco run via Jim R. was a great site. Hal, as in all things now I have slowed down.... this includes my writing lolo
. Use to write catching up with my thoughts. Never checked spelling etc. Too much of a rush to get onto the next topic lol.
True Daz Smile Smile but like many etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes just disappeared like the dinasours etc I suggest, sadly Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 pm

MISTY wrote:
Do not slow down Daz, you cannot beat experience and the older you get the more you get, frustration can creep in but, hey, makes life more interesting, spelin and puncktuation  ???????.

Regards.
Actually think here Misty Wink Wink the spelin & puncktuation Smile Smile scenario is why many join here but do not post as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Sad if right Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as most would get the gist of the story being told here I suspect, even if a few/many mistakes maybe were in the tale/story on the spelling side issue. End of the day here, one could maybe suggest  bounce  bounce we are but pigeon flyers, with many faults & not rocket scientist types on average  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 pm

No one should worry aboot spelin, it his that witch is bein disscusssed that counts and any 1 wiff heny cence cud hunderstand heven thee fing bein hinvolved hiff theyfink they har sow hintelligent.

It is what is said that counts, and no one should worry about a few spelling mistakes.

So if that is holding anyone back do not let it, get involved you my have more to offer than those who are perfect.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:34 pm

MISTY wrote:
No one should worry aboot spelin, it his that witch is bein disscusssed that counts and any 1 wiff heny  cence cud hunderstand  heven thee fing bein hinvolved hiff theyfink they har sow hintelligent.

It is what is said that counts, and no one should worry about a few spelling mistakes.

So if that is holding anyone back do not let it, get involved you my have more to offer than those who are perfect.

Regards.
lol! lol! lol! Sorry, sorry Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink But, could you please repeat the first few lines above their Misty Smile Smile  again etc bounce bounce as I'm lost I'm affraid sadly, by it's content/wisdom as such  lol!  lol!  lol! WinkWink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 1:31 am

Ganninyam for my book.
Boxer, midlands was not sure. Glad it is Roly after all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:24 pm

I ham knot curtain wat U knead hexplainig Knackered.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Ken R Owen
4Friends Lane
Gt Sankey
Warrington
Nothing to hide no issue letting people know my name
Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forums, ambitions etc,.   Forums, ambitions etc,. Empty

Back to top Go down