Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
by Knackered Today at 9:09 am

» agm last night
by Knackered Today at 8:55 am

» Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs
by Knackered Today at 8:34 am

» Ybs coming on nicely
by MISTY Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» old yb loft coming down
by Knackered Yesterday at 9:22 pm

» Those going to Blackpool . Why ?
by peel bros Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Folks on here.
by oldstrain Yesterday at 9:03 am

» Tomato planter
by halcanada Yesterday at 1:53 am

» Welcome Adee1888 ...
by Knackered Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, johnnorm2, Knackered, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
Knackered

MISTY

oldstrain

halcanada

peel bros

David

fieldwalker

Daz

redrog

barnie

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1159 registered users
The newest registered user is Adee1888

Our users have posted a total of 174068 messages in 11441 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

halcanada

Share | 

Club shows.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Club shows.   Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Seems like a very good day out, Hal, but FOOD BANK, thought you would not need one out there.

We have several here, pity they are needed at all.

I feel, unfortunately, that some here are abused.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:37 pm

MISTY wrote:
Seems like a very good day out, Hal, but FOOD BANK, thought you would not need one out there.

Regards.
Credit where due I say, to Hal's mob Misty there I suggest Smile Smile Hearts in the right place/space I suspect Wink Wink. Agree fully also, about the needed/abused scenario as mentioned etc.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
barnie
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.
Credit where due I say, to Hal's mob Misty there I suggest Smile Smile Hearts in the right place/space I suspect Wink Wink. Agree fully also, about the needed/abused scenario as mentioned etc.  cheers

I organized a collection of foodstuffs for local less fortunate people in the lead up to Christmas. Overwhelmed by the generosity of work colleagues who donated, but in deciding who were the worthy recipients I had to rely on an organisation experienced in these matters. Always wonder how difficult it must be to decide who receives and who doesn't. Sometimes we take a lot for granted looking in our food cupboard or fridge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 am

My daughter runs a food bank sponsored by her Church. Many needy people come in. No immigrants as they tend to go to cities. However, example. Guy owns his own home, two cars lots of money. Divorced. He will show up every month for a handout and free meal day. Few more the same. One way to save money.
Club shown is not my club but father to the East. Top notch fliers. Compete against them and other clubs of course. They are hard to beat. Farmers and sons of farmers that came to Canada from Belgium to grow tobacco many years ago. Dutch also. Sprint racers mostly. They know how to get the best out of a bird. Usually they fly widowhood cocks. Nationalities . Few Portugese fliers here also do well. One rich person was shipping 150 young a week before limits were set. His loft manager few years ago was an eye sign expert. Ex English football player. Peter Sloane. Never flew himself. It takes all kinds. Germans, British, Irish or descendants do well also. Do not know of any Aussie moving here to fly though!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:49 am

Just how many pigeons are there in a typical club race in your part of the world, Hal, and how many fanciers involved?.

Also what is the extent of the area involved in a club race.

I think having a mixture of different nationalities involved would make matters more interesting, they will all have brought something different into the mixing bag.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:27 am

Misty. Big country. Many thousands of square miles. Canadian Racing Pigeon Union has about 100 clubs. Members about 1,000. Cities and towns have large membership. 20 or so. Smaller clubs 5 or better. Very large club in the West flies with the US. So not counted. Used to be quite a few more clubs about 30 maybe that have disbanded and joined bigger clubs. Example. 3 clubs in the London area are now one. Economics. CU is thriving! Probably Daz can give you more info on larger clubs. Many fly North to South.
Area flown. OK the SWOA has about 9 clubs flying. From me the shortest competitor is 80 miles East.  Fly from East to West. Longest 90 miles West. North maybe 50 miles. South the lake. When I asked to join this present club what they said long or short, you are not frightened of us we are not frightened of you. Just fly them. 40 mile overfly but closest club and have no complaints at all. Because of the club distance I am allowed to email my times in. Of course, tape and bands have to be shown next shipping night. Mutual trust and respect. Yes many are Belgium or Dutch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 am

The figures are a great shock relative to the size of your country, Hal.

WE are said to have 22,500 members or so in a relative small area and the number of clubs who a function on a regular basis is guess work, some having three members etc;

But in most cases we do not have the travelling problems that beset you.

A real shock regarding the number of fanciers, they must be real dedicated fanciers.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Misty. The site is here. http://www.crpu.ca/ with most of the info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 pm

What a site Hal.

Every club listed, a good sound governing body, most clubs seem to be concentrated in a certain area though, and every effort being made to promote the sport.

Learned about G Eye Joe, think thats the name , heard of his heroics previos;y but never where he was bred etc;

Tried to have a look at Miracle of Life, too long to get on the laptop.

Will have another look some time, thanks for the information, good to learn how the other half conduct their affairs.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 am

Misty. Members elect the officials. Most of the directors, if not all, race pigeons. Directors are from different parts of Canada. No axe to grind. Betterment of the sport is the up most criteria. Magazine published every so many months. Full colour. No hidden agendas for any one. All open. Heck, Mikev posts articles as do others. Ad Sch also. On the down side fancier wise, usual advertising and manipulation of bands. Next on the agends for the CU.
Hate to say this but the situation in the UK is so far out of wack with reality it boggles the mind. Nit picking ad infintum. Only solution I can see, is instead of talking people in to changeing the situation is to start another organistaion to cover every one. Or amalgamate with another pigeon organisation. Show pigeons whatever. Organization would be there. Up to a point. Lots of changes as per usual but the possibilities are endless. Royal family has its detractors. But cannot be replaced. Your current governing body/organisation can. Same as Brexit. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 am

Lets just see what happens at the coming AGM, it will be a clear indicator of what the future, or lack of, holds for the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 am

N.E.H.U still around? Remember that from a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am

Yes, still around, Hal, as is the WHU, have no idea regarding their present standing but anything will be better than the RPRA.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club shows.   

Back to top Go down

Club shows.
Page 1 of 1