Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2019 RPRA One Loft Update.
by David Yesterday at 10:22 pm

» the signalman Welcome
by Don Webb Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
by markevans Yesterday at 4:14 pm

» the list of the most successful auctions ever, all hosted by PIPA
by alzajilalmaghribi Yesterday at 11:12 am

» YBs on Way to New Home
by markevans Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:18 pm

» Four Mour Soon to be Weaned.
by David Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 am

» promo derby italy 2019
by alzajilalmaghribi Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:51 pm

» What to feed?
by Daz Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm

» Raptors and such
by Daz Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Daz

MISTY

fieldwalker

oldstrain

markevans

barnie

redrog

Don Webb

halcanada

Statistics
We have 1165 registered users
The newest registered user is Paul80

Our users have posted a total of 176306 messages in 11577 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

halcanada

Share | 

Off for a while.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:13 am

Sorry folks. Must have conveyed the wrong impression. Was going to pull down a section of loft. 8 x 8. Build another in its place. 8 x 6 for young birds. Too bloody cold! So will renovate the 8 x 8 section. Tomorrow. Not going to be warmer but will pick up the plywood and go at it. Re cover the roof with plywood. Strip off back and replace. Plywood. Re do floor. Plywood. Floor I am expecting the underneath to be bones and whatever. So be it. Have a bale of straw coming also. Usual thing is to walk with the dogs and pull dead grass, twigs etc for nesting material. Will straw the lofts over shavings. Boxes any way. Have to wean few weeks. So old racers have to be paired to make roon for young birds. Feb 1st anyway. As you can see by the pic, nesting material needed!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:02 am

Another Red un you breed a canny few reds Hal.
Do they all come through the usa stray?
study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Like your style Hal, near to nature as possible, clinical conditions, rubbish, they do not show up the inferior at the right time also being full of numerous anti this and anti that they only fail after going in the racing panier having been artificialy health maintained, and they wonder why they lose them from a couple of miles.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm

FW. Stock loft 12 pair. 10 cocks and 5 older hens are red. All have raced. few white hens, only white raced first home from a race.
The original reds came from Tom Mackowecki may years ago. Same bloodline. Oude Vos etc,. http://www.tmakowecki.com/Phistory.shtml
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Nice read, Hal, just shows you do not need a lot of pigeons to produce the goods, just a few good ones.

Couple of eyes to die for in the first two birds.

Never knew there were so many reds in the Janssen family.

Learn something every day.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

halcanada wrote:
Sorry folks. Must have conveyed the wrong  impression. Was going to pull down a section of loft. 8 x 8. Build another in its place. 8 x 6 for young birds. Too bloody cold! So will renovate the 8 x 8 section. Tomorrow. Not going to be warmer but will pick up the plywood and go at it. Re cover the roof with plywood. Strip off back and replace. Plywood. Re do floor. Plywood. Floor I am expecting the underneath to be bones and whatever. So be it. Have a bale of straw coming also. Usual thing is to walk with the dogs and pull dead grass, twigs etc for nesting material. Will straw the lofts over shavings. Boxes any way. Have to wean few weeks. So old racers have to be paired to make roon for young birds. Feb 1st anyway. As you can see by the pic, nesting  material needed!

Ok Wink Wink not an issue etc  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes "wrong impression" Smile Smile as we make certain allowances for the old folk brigade here Hal Smile Smile lol! lol! lol!. Must admit thou bounce bounce you had me worried here some what, by your suggested post as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 pm

When about 12 years old I had the most consistent pigeon I have ever had, a big pure White cock.

Took two days from 200 miles and the same from a bus ride of seven miles.

Would never in those days thought of culling him too good looking.

Have learned one or two things since but never had any regrets about the white cock.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:33 pm

MISTY wrote:
When about 12 years old I had the most consistent pigeon I have ever had, a big pure White cock.

Have learned one or two things since but never had any regrets about the white cock.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! Same, same Wink Wink similar here Misty Smile Smile Bought an unrung special type pigeon when I was a kid etc. 5 shillings it cost me back then bounce bounce "Big money, absolute fortune" Smile Smile for some one who didn't even have shoes to wear type of thing Smile Smile. Gave me more enjoyment & pleasure as scruffy as it looked with what it bred, than many of my winners later on in life type of thing Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 pm

On reflection, Knackered, when I think of being a member of a family with 5 others siblings, no real money to throw around as a family, made everything regarding the animals I kept from boxes and anything I could lay my hands on, fed them by taking a couple of jobs delivering groceries and meat etc; catching a few bunnies, then think of the youth of today and you can see why the world is in such a diabolical state, everyone thinks they are entitled to everything going even if they never get off their back sides.

Made me laugh when on the television there was a family moaning about not receiving enough money in benifits, they had a television in every room, kids toys strew around that must have cost a bomb, all the latest gadgets, ??????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 am

Had a pair of pigeons in a coal house in the back yard in West Hartlepool. Lived on doorsteps (end off a loaf of bread). They lived on white rice and wheat. Does not matter how it starts. Gets ingrained bond with animals/birds. Many on here as I have travelled the world. Seen the good and the ugly. Yet back in a safe haven bond surfaces. Animals/pets seem to be an outlet for emotions. My dogs for example. Spent many hours training them. They listen and understand. They took a helluva less time to train me!! Food, water, shelter. This house is run solely for the benefit of the dogs it seems! They only take advantage of me when they think they can get away with it. Often!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 am

halcanada wrote:
Had a pair of pigeons in a coal house in the back yard in West Hartlepool. Lived on doorsteps (end off a loaf of bread). They lived on white rice and wheat. Does not matter how it starts. Gets ingrained bond with animals/birds. Many on here as I have travelled the world. Seen the good and the ugly. Yet back in a safe haven bond surfaces. Animals/pets seem to be an outlet for emotions. My dogs for example. Spent many hours training them. They listen and understand. They took a helluva less time to train me!! Food, water, shelter. This house is run solely for the benefit of the dogs it seems! They only take advantage of me when they think they can get away with it. Often!!!
Suggest Hal Wink Wink your pigeons are on the same wave length as your dogs etc there Smile Smile maybe. Old fella type, bit of a tragic type case lol! lol! lol! every day bounce bounce hail, rain wind or snow, even if 6ft deep  bounce  bounce staggers out there to feed them all with much love & affection as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 am

MISTY wrote:
On reflection, Knackered, when I think of being a member of a family with 5 others siblings, no real money to throw around as a family, made everything regarding the animals I kept from boxes and anything I could lay my hands on, fed them by taking a couple of jobs delivering groceries and meat etc; catching a few bunnies, then think of the youth of today and you can see why the world is in such a diabolical state, everyone thinks they are entitled to everything going even if they never get off their back sides.

Made me laugh when on the television there was a family moaning about not receiving enough money in benifits, they had a television in every room, kids toys strew around that must have cost a bomb, all the latest gadgets, ??????.

Regards.
Must have been Sudanese import types Misty Wink Wink maybe I suspect Smile Smile like here. Benefits not up to scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes like where they come from etc  Wink  Wink. So, easy easy way out bounce bounce is to complain big time & ask for more from the gravy train as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Hal does Tom still race ????

Them Jassen's of his where top quality
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Don Webb wrote:

Stood the test of time I suggest Don Smile Smile as I have an old Jules Gallez book here as such bounce bounce with Tom's ugly face in it lol! lol! lol! when he first purchased his first birds from him at the time, way back when type of thing Smile Smile. That's it  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes carried the can today here  bounce  bounce  enough I suggest  Wink  Wink so over & out  Smile  Smile till some time in the future  Wink  Wink maybe.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 am

Hi Don. Yes he still races and wins a lot. Sold his sheep farm few years ago. He has imported quite a few from Europe. Last few years. Not reds. I have more reds than him he tells me. Yes Knackered, they stand the test of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:01 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

Only able to have one good Red. But then again, never had many.

Had a Youngster from a fancier in Sunderland. Took always at least two nights out from a training toss. Often a wee first toss.
But never ever had a night out in a race. Flew the Lerwick and Bergerac with a Fraserburgh or equivalent same year like nigh all my birds did. From the same fancier I had a Pencil cock. Won at all ages and 3 different lofts I broke it into. Great pigeon. It won Bergerac by 11 hours (Sorry I had the next two in the race a hour and hour and an half behind, But first 11 hours before another member in club) Won Thurso also same year about 3 weeks a part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Froze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:49 am

That size warmer weather not a problem. But my fault! Put straw in the box but nest bowl was too small. Put a larger bowl beside it but to no avail. All these years with pigeons and early breeding I should have known better. First fatality of the year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:36 am

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:

Stood the test of time I suggest Don Smile Smile as I have an old Jules Gallez book here as such bounce bounce with Tom's ugly face in it lol! lol! lol! when he first purchased his first birds from him at the time, way back when type of thing Smile Smile. That's it  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes carried the can today here  bounce  bounce  enough I suggest  Wink  Wink so over & out  Smile  Smile till some time in the future  Wink  Wink maybe.  
Jules Gallez...now theres a name that brings back memories of Christmas and youthful birthdays.
"How to become and stay.....History of the.....widowhood.... black n white pictures.
Wish I'd kept them all now Sad
study study study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:

Jules Gallez...now theres a name that brings back memories of Christmas and youthful birthdays.
"How to become and stay.....History of the.....widowhood.... black n white pictures.
Wish I'd kept them all now Sad
study study study
Great little books FW Smile Smile Interesting & down to earth type of thing with the knowledge in them etc I suggest. Spelling was atrocious thou when printed in English type of thing I'm affraid with the ones I have here . But in the end a minor issue, when one thinks of the knowledge & interest factor contained in them all as such  Smile  Smile in a pigeon sense. Now  Wink  Wink he is another one I have here that may just bring back memories some what, maybe  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Britain's Year Book of pigeon racing, 1971, with a pigeon of Les Davenports Open winner from Pau in 1970, which also won the Kings cup at the time there in the NFC  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off for a while.   

Back to top Go down

Off for a while.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: