Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» Good Morning
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:59 am

» Weather today
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Vote_lcapJust Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Voting_barJust Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Vote_lcapJust Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Voting_barJust Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222887 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs

Go down 
+7
oldstrain
barnie
fieldwalker
Boosey
MISTY
David
peel bros
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 pm

All treating on a random basis does, Hal, is cover up problems not solve them.

Never treated for anything other than compulsory one.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm

MISTY wrote:
Would be very interesting how they race so many pigeons, having only bred at the most 24 young a year I cannot imagine having to deal with so many, and how do they contend with those left at the end of the season.

All fanciers have a choice of how they approach the sport but it is interesting to learn what others do.

Regards.
You just have a different mindset Wink Wink I suggest Misty  Smile  Smile to what I call the chook farmer brigade as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Suspect both groups love their birds bounce bounce in fact I know it, but just in a different way/manner type of thing Wink Wink. Management structure is some what different thou. But do know Smile Smile if our Ray lol! lol! lol! thinks along the same lines of what farmers do when loading cattle for the market on a large scale, he could just about have his little flock loaded up & away on a toss in about the same time as it would take you to handle your team of 24 odd on average there. Also on the feed scenario Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! its easy easy when your like our Ray lol! lol! lol! one just carts the bags into the loft "forget the tin thing" & then opens them for all there to mix & match with the different grains/bags maybe I suggest Smile Smile. Same maybe with treat day  lol!  lol!  lol! for our Ray with the peanut thing  Wink  Wink he just throws the odd bag or 2 into the loft & all will be happy, happy I suspect there  Wink  Wink maybe  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 5:29 pm

ours have been vaccinated(compulsory) and wormed with moxidectin .ready to pair now but holding out for another 2 weeks ,they are very well in themselves ,I like to use moxidectin as it kills any bloodsucker,air sac mites and also of course worms jmo atb pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 5:50 pm

oldstrain wrote:
ours have been vaccinated(compulsory) and wormed with moxidectin .ready to pair now but holding out for another 2 weeks ,they are very well in themselves ,I like to use moxidectin as it kills any bloodsucker,air sac mites and also of course worms jmo atb pirat pirat
Good stuff O/S Wink Wink lol! lol! lol! plenty of spare time now I suggest etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to visit Geordie land there now bounce bounce & help our Ray out with his work load with his new champs as such. Vaccination issue Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! should bring much joy I suspect Smile Smile maybe worth while taking the little pirat along to see how the other half lives with their birds Smile Smile & get an idea of the future  Wink  Wink after Brexit  Smile  Smile maybe. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

What Future, Knackered??????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 6:56 pm

MISTY wrote:
What Future, Knackered??????.

Regards.
There has to be a future I suggest etc Misty Wink Wink. Trump Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes is holding Armageddon back type of thing  bounce  bounce  with his new way of thinking now as such  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Vaccination here is a compulsory rule here for all fanciers. Some clubs do it for all, some members do their own. Very few do not do it. They will not mention it though. No one asks. Doubt if any one really cares about the ones that do not on the assumption their birds will get sick.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm

In our club a vaccination form had to be handed in signed by two independent fanciers before you could enter races, and prior to the first race by two weeks.(or Vet)

Do not think many fanciers do not vacinate.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 pm

I know some fanciers do not vaccinate......its easy to use the same batch number as your mate, and to get anyone to sign the form. Suspect Suspect Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 11:21 pm

Then if they do not comply with the rules they should not be racing pigeons, such behavior puts good fanciers pigeons at risk, no vaccine is 100% fool proof and all should comply with the rules or have them changed.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 pm

there are those who say the problem only came about since compulsory vaccination started........ Suspect study Question Question
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Heard the same, David, many times, would not hazard a guess myself not knowing exactly all the facts, but nearly ALL our sports health problems originate from the continent by importing their unhealthy pigeons.

But what is a fact, my friend and I took it in turns for many years buying the vaccine and neither he nor I never had YBS, when many club members did.

Think the problem is a mixture of miss management, feed, clinical conditions, preventative and curative treatments etc;

All drugs have side effects, just try SATINS just one example, lowers collesteral but the pain kills you.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 9:49 pm

David wrote:
I know some fanciers do not vaccinate......its easy to use the same batch number as your mate, and to get anyone to sign the form. Suspect Suspect Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes affraid shock horror etc. Not pigeon flyers David  Smile  Smile surely. Last week here Wink Wink I heard a story about one of the deciple/preacher types of some repute, who preaches the peasants must do 2 jabs for the Rota issue vaccine when it becomes available here. Strange thing is Wink Wink he apparently only gives one shot for the PMV issue "being a chook farmer" which by law is supposed to be 2 as such here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now  Wink  Wink just wonder also, if Hal's scrubbers in his barn there  Smile  Smile survive like my park type mongrels do  bounce  bounce who are always popping into my place for a visit & a free feed with the PMV issue as such there  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 pm

halcanada wrote:
Vaccination here is a compulsory rule here for all fanciers. Some clubs do it for all, some members do their own. Very few do not do it. They will not mention it though. No one asks. Doubt if any one really cares about the ones that do not on the assumption their birds will get sick.

yes exactly...had a friend who sent stock to a race that were never vaccinated on return he had paramixo outbreak ,running the gauntlet if you don't do it jmo
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 pm

MISTY wrote:
Heard the same, David, many times, would not hazard a guess myself not knowing exactly all the facts, but nearly ALL our sports health problems originate from the continent by importing their unhealthy pigeons.

But what is a fact, my friend and I took it in turns for many years buying the vaccine and neither he nor I never had YBS, when many club members did.

Think the problem is a mixture of miss management, feed, clinical conditions, preventative and curative treatments etc;

All drugs have side effects, just try SATINS just one example, lowers collesteral but the pain kills you.

Regards.

I think its down to over medicating before pairing ...ramming parastop or similar down their necks before pairing and not clearing any fungal issue caused by the antibiotic treatment ,then the parents pass it onto the young ,a lot of pigeon men have no idea what they are giving and just follow like sheep because mr national winner says its what he does lol! I very rarely hear or read about treating for candida after antibiotic use ...had the sickness the first 2 years I kept pigeons and this was the only time I had treated with antibiotic before pairing ...since I stopped the nonsense the birds have been fine the odd one has been culled but generally in very good health ,anything in it or am I just lucky Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Not luck, oldstrain, common sense.

My friend who I have corresponded with over the years, Richard Boylin, has just written a long article in the BHW which encompasses all that I have said over the years.

Well worth a read.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 11:47 pm

will have to re-order the bhw soon in the off season its mostly birds for sale and their pretty pictures atb
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 2:09 am

As I have mentioned before. Vaccines are for flock and herd treatments. With pigeons it is a different scenario. Any flier should have the option to vaccinate or treat at his discretion. Up to him. He knows his birds. Take the chance of sickness or not? Good healthy birds for the most part do not get sick. If they do they get lost racing, recover, or get nuked. Compulsory vaccination is bullshit. However, without it many fliers would get sick birds and quit.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 8:34 am

halcanada wrote:
As I have mentioned before.  Vaccines are for flock and herd treatments. With pigeons it is a different scenario. Any flier should have the option to vaccinate or treat at his discretion. Up to him. He knows his birds. Take the chance of sickness or not? Good healthy birds for the most part do not get sick. If they do they get lost racing, recover, or get nuked. Compulsory vaccination is bullshit. However, without it many fliers would get sick birds and quit.
lol! lol! lol! Agree about the bullsh*t scenario Hal Wink Wink One requires a legal statuary document here for the PMV etc to race, signed by a legal type etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Fascial type of thing I would suggest Smile Smile as Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I have this picture of a poor pigeon flyer up before a judge bounce bounce & then given a life sentence I'm affraid  lol! lol! lol! for not following the letter of the law in relation to his pigeons Smile Smile with the PMV issue  Wink  Wink. Must also add  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes the case before he got life as such, was a bunch of Sudanese thugs  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad who caused major damage & trauma to the local types  bounce  bounce but they all walked free on the day  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes as the judge said they were just mis-understood youths & one must show them all compassion to roam free & just do as they so choose as such  Wink  Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:05 am

If you have rules then you abide by them or suffer the consequences.

No rules, mayhem.

Bad rules, mayhem.

It is not, I believe, fanciers who decide rules with regard to threats to all animal life but DEFRA.

With regard to any other treatment or husbandry it is up to the individual.

But the compulsory vaccine has no side effects of any consequence that are obvious as far as I and my friend are concerned, both used it since it was made compulsory and neither ever had any ybs, and in my case no other illnesses of any consequence.

But you also have to take into consideration what some fanciers are putting down their pigeons throats and spraying their lofts with etc;

Maybe fanciers having problems should be doing some self analysis before anything else.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 pm

MISTY wrote:
If you have rules then you abide by them or suffer the consequences.

No rules, mayhem.

Bad rules, mayhem.

It is not, I believe, fanciers who decide rules with regard to threats to all animal life but DEFRA.

With regard to any other treatment or husbandry it is up to the individual.

But the compulsory vaccine has no side effects of any consequence that are obvious as far as I and my friend are concerned, both used it since it was made compulsory and neither ever had any ybs, and in my case no other illnesses of any consequence.

But you also have to take into consideration what some fanciers are putting down their pigeons throats and spraying their lofts with etc;

Maybe fanciers having problems should be doing some self analysis before anything else.

Regards.  
affraid Misty Smile Smile I don't quite see, the relation ship etc  bounce  bounce between giving a pigeon a PMV type shot & young bird sickness type of thing Smile Smile as posted. Most vaccines Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes have an approval sticker attached in some form or the other I suspect & if given for the intended purpose as such & in the proper manner, they should not have any effect on healthy type pigeons I suggest Smile Smile. Unhealthy pigeons Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink completely different ball game, sadly Smile Smile from my perspective here. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 pm

Agree Knackered, regarding individual treatment that is meant for a specific ailment, but I mean flock treatment as a preventative with no obvious reason to do so, along with all the aids to success etc;

Many fanciers have blamed the compulsary vacine for YBS, I am jusy pointing out that I and my friend have used it for years and never had any trouble as have many other fanciers.

It could be that the compulsary vacine is not compatable with other things being done to the pigeon.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 pm

MISTY wrote:
Agree Knackered, regarding individual treatment that is meant for a specific ailment, but I mean flock treatment as a preventative with no obvious reason to do so, along with all the aids to success etc;

Many fanciers have blamed the compulsary vacine for YBS, I am jusy pointing out that I and my friend have used it for years and never had any trouble as have many other fanciers.

It could be that the compulsary vacine is not compatable with other things being done to the pigeon.

Regards.
Ok Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes we both know Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad we now live in a blame, blame type of world as such Misty I suggest when things go wrong on the local type scene. Self responsibility bounce bounce has gone out the door for many on average I suspect these days, unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 am

was a user of oils on the corn but can they be trusted ,have they been transported and kept at the correct temperature throughout the process...I know one guy who has a old dustbin and mixes a few bags of corn with a whole bottle of oil Rolling Eyes just an example of something daft that could sicken the pigeons...I no longer use them...just good corn and a pellet and oregano in the drinker its easier and the birds look and act very well on it ,pigeon fanciers are their own worst enemy when it comes to dabbling in products I am glad I got out of the habit...only 3 products I rate and use avidress,oregano,kilpatricks black iodised minerals the rest I have used were just gimmicks I don't mind the all in one grit and mineral treat but very expensive and much cheaper to make your own ,that's my tilt on the product merry go round anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 am

Only things I used, oldstrain, was garlic, black minerals {coal dust) and lime.

Sometimes hung up a small bag of aniseed to enhance the atmosphere to the pigeons liking.

Never had any health problems and no complaint regarding their performances.

But if fanciers want to waist their money and are content with their lot who am I to tell them otherwise?.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs   Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Weaned First Round of 2019 YBs
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next