Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Winter sun. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:13 am

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Winter sun. Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Winter sun. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
Winter sun. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Winter sun. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Winter sun. Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Winter sun. Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Winter sun. Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
Winter sun. Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Winter sun. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 81 Guests :: 3 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Winter sun. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Winter sun. Vote_lcapWinter sun. Voting_barWinter sun. Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222390 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Winter sun. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Winter sun. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Winter sun.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Winter sun. 000_0742
Winter sun. 000_0743
Winter sun. 000_0741
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 pm

nice pictures there hal, looks cold though........... pale pale affraid
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 am

Yes. Cold not so bad wind is the killer. Few days of minus 20 to 30 some but with the wind minus 40 below. So will not wean until weekend. Forecast for about freezing only. As metioned previously, no more winter breeding for me. To hard to fight the elements now a days. But did note the two young bird races I flew last year were later breds first home. Always a learning curve. But must also point out not a typical winter. We all adjust.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 am

halcanada wrote:
Yes. Cold not so bad wind is the killer. Few days of minus 20 to 30 some but with the wind minus 40 below. So will not wean until weekend. Forecast for about freezing only. As metioned previously, no more winter breeding for me. To hard to fight the elements now a days. But did note the two young bird races I flew last year were later breds first home. Always a learning curve. But must also point out not a typical winter. We all adjust.
Always is Hal I suggest Smile Smile the wind Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & the wind chill factor as such. Still bounce bounce lol! lol! lol! I see Yanky land is taking a real belting like you there it appears bounce bounce so that should give you that feel good moment, moment thing Smile Smile maybe. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 10:24 am

We have had some very sunny days recently, as is the case today.

Very nice, but driving is a dicey business, the sun shields do not cope with the brightness which is far worse than in the summer.

Turn a corner and at times impossible to see at all.

Far better weather here though than in many cases, elsewhere.

Suppose you cannot have everything.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 10:39 am

I drive with my sun visors down 365 days a year, summer, winter, they are down.....why im not sure, but it doesn't seem right with them up.

maybe its because I can concentrate more on the road, without seeing distractions up in the skies etc.

when I went for my driving test it was the first time I had drove in day light, maybe this has something to do with it.......... Suspect Suspect scratch study
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Have glasses that change, or supposed to do relative to the weather, they work just like the Council workmen on the road, on the odd occasion.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 pm

MISTY wrote:
Have glasses that change, or supposed to do relative to the weather, they work just like the Council workmen on the road, on the odd occasion.

Regards.
Wish to try my bi-focals here Misty Smile Smile etc. Work just fine with my sun issue as such here. Thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes council workers bounce bounce it appears Wink Wink are the same all over this little world of ours apparently Smile Smile. Now council workers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes passed a team of local road workers just the other day here, the flag man/woman, had nails a mile long "coloured" eye lashes the same Smile Smile lip stick that would drive a young bloke crazy with desire lol! lol! lol! & a figure to boot etc & dressed as if she was heading to the local fashion parade when she knocked of work type of thing Smile Smile Good thing thou lol! lol! lol! she gave a certain old fella Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as here passed by, one huge big, big grin as such lol! lol! lol! which in a strange type way affected him some what to some degree Wink Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 am

Would like to know what goes on in the deep holes they keep digging, Knackered, if your councils are the same as ours and you have ladies of the nature you indicate involved, often wondered why they put up those tent like things over the same place for months.

It is easier to count the odd day all the roads in our area are free from some form of control due to inferior workmanship having to be put right.

But the Government are not daft, the petrol revinue from crawling and stopped vehicles must be a real bonus along with new clutches necessary because of over use, etc;

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 1:59 am

Minus 35 C right now. Living room is at 10 C. Furnace running and electir fires on. 70 F in the kitchen and bedroom. 40 gallon fish tank with big heater down to 16 C. 4 minutes outside frost bite on exposed skin. Wind factor. One more day. Then should warm up. In the meantime....adapt...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am

halcanada wrote:
Minus 35 C right now. Living room is at 10 C. Furnace running and electir fires on. 70 F in the kitchen and bedroom. 40 gallon fish tank with big heater down to 16 C. 4 minutes outside frost bite on exposed skin. Wind factor. One more day. Then should warm up. In the meantime....adapt...

sounds a bit nippy there hal, jeeeez, imagine how we in the uk would cope will temperatures like that eh.......plus the country comes to a stand still with a couple of centimeters of snow.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am

Snows here and trains stop. So we ask 'How and why didn't it stop the old steam locomotives ?
Places like Sweden etc. don't often have trouble.

Because, they SAY 'Its the wrong kind of snow.

Have photos of 1947 when the men folks dug out and clear the roads from village to village etc.

Lorry drivers in the 50's never had the motor way to help them in snowy times... EEH hang on a minute … They drove around most days non stop delivering... Buses - where I lived, and my dad was a conductor and we lived in a small Market Town surrounded by villages.... Never ever had a day off... Hey up, for that matter the buses from surrounding villages ALWAY brought the kids into school. Never ever thought that school wouldn't be open! Indeed we used to take our top clothing off and stack on the radiator lol... never made a lot of difference though … mind depended where it was placed in the stack I guess...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 3:40 pm

never see any snow ploughs here now, why ? because of all the speed bumps in the road......... Suspect Suspect study
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 3:44 pm

We have speed bumps also. Well froze last night. Fish tank water to flush the toilet. Bottled water for usual stuff. Cannot unthaw the well. Wait and hope situation.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 6:56 pm

halcanada wrote:
We have speed bumps also. Well froze last night.  Fish tank water to flush the toilet. Bottled water for usual stuff. Cannot unthaw the well. Wait and hope situation.
Please don't Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes talk about speed humps etc Hal Wink Wink Like bees here on our roads in parts Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad another one of thought bubble moments for those with the power down here on average. Smart thinking lot here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes put speed humps at every corner & in between & then they had another thought bubble moment & brought the speed limit down to 30/50 KM/ph to go over them as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. One local one, was that badly designed bounce bounce cars were even ripping there sumps out underneath here, at low speed. Council for ages refused to do anything about it, until there was an uproar & people gave them their car repair bills to pay etc.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 7:48 pm

The original idea of speed bumps was to slow the traffic down and reduce the accidents.

Result, more accidents, more dints in cars, more cars needing repairs, more aggravated motorists, and a real useless original idea.

May I just make a suggestion, remove the bumps and use the material to fill in all the pot holes.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 pm

MISTY wrote:
The original idea of speed bumps was to slow the traffic down and reduce the accidents.

Result, more accidents, more dints in cars, more cars needing repairs, more aggravated motorists, and a real useless original idea.

May I just make a suggestion, remove the bumps and use the material to fill in all the pot holes.

Regards.
Absolutely true what you say Misty I suspect Wink Wink But here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes speed humps are a minor issue etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad to the fiasco we have now with round about's in our local streets. For years here we had local small buses running the streets "20 people odd" The bean counter types then thou, decided we can have a thought bubble moment & improve the situation  for the peasants bounce bounce by putting the biggest buses we have to do the same job. Unfortunately Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the buses now cannot even get around the round about's they are that big & the buses are now that big without doing major damage there every where every day of the week as such. Bean counters types, then had another thought bubble moment Wink Wink & put large steel bollards on every one to save the day Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Sadly it hasn't helped lol! lol! lol! much, as the local bus drivers continue to knock them down every day faster than they can repair them so to speak Smile Smile. Also lol! lol! lol! smart lot these bean counter types Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as these buses we have now Smile Smile carn't even get round the roads at times if there are 2 cars parked opposite one another on the roads. Then Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes we have the emergency brigade types "fire ambulance" who complain the roads are that small, they carn't even get to where they want to go at times for a emergency & if they do bounce bounce they only way out is backing up the road they come down Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Bean counters Wink Wink amazing how they can find ways to save money at times I suggest Wink Wink. Final note  Wink  Wink these monster type buses, on a good day  Smile  Smile would have 10/15 people on board at the best, & that includes the driver also.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 1:30 am

Parking, Knackered, is a menace in nearly every town and some villages.

Some areas were built when the horse and cart was the in thing, and as you say if the road is double parked and not a one way street there are problems in particular with buses and the large vehicles from the EU.

We have a Park and Ride but buses run so often that most are empty but cause more problems in town.

Another problem, many houses do not have a drive or gaurage and park on the road.

The councils are making a fortune from parking fees and fines, talk about a Cash Cow.

If I offerd £1,000 for anyone who can name a street that does not have a problem of some kind relative to cars and vehicles I could safey say I would never be in danger of havingto pay it.

The sooner petrol runs out the better.

Go back to basics, horse and cart.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 am

Not sure what you folks speed bumps are? Here they are small bumps that rattle the front slightly Then a few more times before getting to a stop sign. Or getting on before a major highway. Not high enough to damage anything.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 am

Ours, Hal, are small mountains intended to slow the traffic down, every hundred yards or so apart.

Used by the moped brigade as good bits of fun.

Supposed to reduce accidents, more accidents since introduction.

Have them in areas with a 20 mile an hour limit, and also 30 mile an hour limit, in both cases many take no notice of either the limits nor the bumps.

But they do a lot of damage to vehicles even sticking to the speed limits on top of which there are not many areas of highway that has not deep potholes that are causing damage even in the vehicles of the most responsible drivers.

But Hey, the Government even benefit from that, VAT on all repairs etc;

If all the vehicles were taken off the road the Government would be bankrupt.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 pm

speed bumps do absolutely nothing as far as speeding cars go, those who speed still speed, its only the thoughtful , careful drivers who slow down for them........ they are a complete waste of money .

also ive noticed the traffic lights, normally there are queues / tailbacks in all directions, but on the odd occasion the lights are broken, the traffic runs smoothly and no tailbacks.....so this is another way the government and councils try to control our lives, waiting for lights to tell us if we can go or not.

its all down to controlling us. study
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Never realy thought of it in those terms, David, but on reflection you may have a point.

Control by stealth.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter sun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter sun.   Winter sun. Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter sun.
Page 1 of 1