Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Pigeon Found ....... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeon Found ....... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeon Found ....... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pigeon Found ....... Vote_lcapPigeon Found ....... Voting_barPigeon Found ....... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pigeon Found ....... Vote_lcapPigeon Found ....... Voting_barPigeon Found ....... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeon Found ....... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeon Found ....... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeon Found .......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Found ....... Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:21 pm

got a message on my phone 2 days ago from a non fancier in luton, Bedfordshire saying they had found a pigeon of mine........today I received a letter from the rpra telling me the same thing, and that I must contact the finder.

fair enough you might say, but looking at the ring number I see the bird is a 2015 pigeon, and as I rarely race I`m at a loss on how it has got lost.......I can only assume its one I sold, and didn't transfer / or I did transfer it and the rpra have made a mistake.

this will teach me to make proper records of everything I do .......... Suspect Suspect study geek geek
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:26 pm

I had some 2016 and 2017 david so check the year again just in case ...I got records of all ring numbers atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... EmptySat May 04, 2019 2:26 pm

no Darren, definitely a 2015 bird, its GB15 R 26198

the finder sent me a video of the pigeon, but its on my old phone which wont play the video ....but I can see its a dark pied.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... EmptySat May 04, 2019 2:30 pm

ah right don't sound like a van reet eh ,not had any with that year david hope you get to the bottom of it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... EmptySat May 04, 2019 3:10 pm

yes Darren, its a mystery........ive one dark pied that looks like this in my loft, possibly a yb off that, but I doubt it is. only other bird it could be is off a pair of arden / soontjen I have......but not sure they were together in 2015.... Suspect Suspect scratch scratch study

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:13 am

update on the bird...........phoned the very nice lady who found him, and she is happy to keep him, he has found himself a lovely haven for all types of birds, where he is being well looked after.

judging by what the lady said, he has been attacked in the past by a hawk, as he has new feathers growing on his rump, and the tail feathers are only a couple of inches long, I presume they are in the process of re growing.

looking through the basic notes I have kept, it appears to me he has been missing since being a young bird, so living feral for nearly 4 years, even still having the telephone ring on his leg.

thanks very much to her for her kindness and concern for the bird, he has certainly landed on his feet .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Found .......   Pigeon Found ....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Found .......
Page 1 of 1