Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» oldland hs ...stratford 22.7.19
Yb with broken leg Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:05 pm

» A poor pauper eh!
Yb with broken leg Emptyby MISTY Yesterday at 5:52 pm

» Gareth Bale
Yb with broken leg Emptyby MISTY Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» Did you watch?
Yb with broken leg Emptyby Daz Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Any Racing Today ...
Yb with broken leg Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» South shields central burbure
Yb with broken leg Emptyby redrog Yesterday at 1:03 pm

» Weather today
Yb with broken leg Emptyby redrog Yesterday at 1:02 pm

» OH OH, deary me etc.
Yb with broken leg Emptyby Daz Yesterday at 12:36 pm

» 3' X 2' flagstones
Yb with broken leg Emptyby Daz Yesterday at 12:28 pm

Countrywide
Yb with broken leg Countr12
Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud. Yb with broken leg Syndic11
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Yb with broken leg Resise10
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:09 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Yb with broken leg 1zflxrb
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Yb with broken leg Resize10
Top posting users this week
Daz
Yb with broken leg Vote_lcapYb with broken leg Voting_barYb with broken leg Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Yb with broken leg Vote_lcapYb with broken leg Voting_barYb with broken leg Vote_rcap 
MISTY
peel bros
David
redrog
Boosey
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1173 registered users
The newest registered user is ballslammer

Our users have posted a total of 178818 messages in 11772 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Yb with broken leg Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Yb with broken leg Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
Don Webb
oldstrain
IANYOUNG
peel bros
Knackered
Gaz b
birdy2011
halcanada
Rene A

Yb with broken leg

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Just got back from the garden as one hen was missing,  anyway seen it was home on my cctv and went round to get her in . There was a yb also there which I don't normally let out on race days , low and behold it broke its leg . It right up the top which is a pig to do anything about . Any ideas lads because it's a shame to cull it . It's a cracking yb as well ..any advice would be great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 9:12 pm

If it was mine ray I would put it in a empty nest box with plenty of shavings down and leave it alone taping it up with splint's only make it worse that's my experience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Yes definitely not putting anything on it , no good anyway as too high up ..see what happens tomorrow when I have a proper look at it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 8:53 am

had one the same last season put it in a old rabbit hutch I use for strays for 2 weeks and it was fine ,amazed me as it was damaged very high up the leg and was just dangling with no control over it but it did take 2 weeks atb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MISTY
Youngbird
Youngbird

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 9:28 am

Yes best left alone in a safe place, nature has a means of dealing with the these things in the wild, better than man.

Had pigeons recover from what seemed impossible situations and they usually repay you.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm

Thanks lads
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Had the same as I once posted. Both legs in pieces been away for a few days. I was determined to fix her up due because of the great effort to home and get through the traps using her wings only.

I Took it around Terry's house, a former fancier. He said best to cull it. Never do it. Well got his wife to come back with me to my home - only 200 yards away, as he nor my wife would hold it. I painfully, taking great care bound each bit with Sellotape around a toothpick … cut to length and then taped the top part of the leg to its body. Then, sellotaped the bottom part of the leg with a toothpick. The bottom again is done and a little form between the leg I taped that to the top part of the leg and body. I did both. It took nearly two hours. I hung her up in a pair of tights like a hamper sling above the floor. I gave her a little milk and glucose via an eye droplet. Left her overnight and then 3 - 6 times a day I lowered the hamper to the clean floor too about a 1/2 inch and let her pick up a little seed. Then I raised her and placed a drinking bowl on the floor, lowering her down to drink from. Clean water and nothing added.
After a week had gone by I got Terry's wife back and cut a little Sellotape to allow it the leg, one at a time a little movement. Seventeen days later, I got the good lady back, and I soaked the Sellotape with soapy water, very thick. Took time to get it all off. Sometimes sweat poured off my brow as fear of hurting her tied the knot in my stomach. Gill, Terry's good lady encourage me, and I kept saying the bird, 'Sorry, but it's better you live and breed later than move on now.
Wasn't long before she flew up to a perch — a little wobbly. However, a week later, she was flying out.

the next season she won a club race from Pau. - Which I was diddled out off. Them saying they never have a club race from there.
Her legs! One could hardly tell they had been broken. However, I was delighted with her and so pleased Terry's wife, and I persevered.
Terry often said 'I'd never have believed it'!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Well done to both of you for having the patience.  This hens leg is snapped right into her body . She is in a basket now and I will see how she is in a few days   I agree with not wanting to cull a bird that has come home after hurting itself as such but time is against her I am afraid as yb training and racing starts soon   but I will see ...thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 am

Yep, that hen's leg too was snapped right at the top too.
I thought / hoped she would only be any good as a breeder if able to fix. But was wrong.
actually that was the sister of the pair Mr Robinson said I'd never be able to trap, but would inevitably be first birds back. Of so very true. only ever one actually trapped fairly early was the hen's return from Pau.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Yb with broken leg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb with broken leg   Yb with broken leg Empty

Back to top Go down

Yb with broken leg
Page 1 of 1