Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:20 pm

» Good Morning
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:18 pm

» BHW Subscriptions
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:17 pm

» King removes Patronage
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
OH OH, deary me etc. Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) OH OH, deary me etc. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.OH OH, deary me etc. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
OH OH, deary me etc. Vote_lcapOH OH, deary me etc. Voting_barOH OH, deary me etc. Vote_rcap 
David
OH OH, deary me etc. Vote_lcapOH OH, deary me etc. Voting_barOH OH, deary me etc. Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222771 messages in 14004 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
OH OH, deary me etc. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
OH OH, deary me etc. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

OH OH, deary me etc.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

OH OH, deary me etc. Empty
PostSubject: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 11:02 am

Liberation mob for my Fed etc Very Happy Very Happy thought, they were being smart Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & basketed on Thursday night here for a race on Friday because of the strong wind factor on Saturday. Found themselves with a wee bit of a dilemma thou as such as todays race turned into a hold over because of fog at the race point. Old fella I know Smile Smile & the best flyer in his club both decided not to fly. 2 happy chappies lol! lol! lol! as they knew the fog was going to be a factor Wink Wink to a degree & they don't have egg all over their face, compared to certain wizard types I could name down here Wink Wink on the liberation side.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Well Knackered, I think that 99% wouldn't be happy to them be liberated.
However the fact is certainly it wouldn't have been bothered or even thought it would have been detrimental in any way or means'. remember I used to let them up when I could se 20 feet in front of me.
First time admitted, I checked with a wise ole boy whether to let his and my birds up at 65 Miles in thick fog.
A bit apprehensive too when letting them up as suggested.
But all home in same time and well before me..
Like he said 'They he said they would, they simply went up and over the fog!

As often, during war times when they let them out in any and all weathers. They also let birds out at 5.000 feet in the middle of the night - pitch black sky - from aircrafts. they flew 2-300 miles comfortable. The Canadian were thought to be the masters at this.

As for that wise ole boy, If ever they went up the fog on race day he would smile and smirk saying 'Iknew that' etc.
Mind if a snmash would he say 'Fancy letting them up etc.'?

In all honesty I don't think for a moment he would even entertained saying 'Fancy letting them up etc.' but would spout that was the reason... and you know what, he would have been right!
J.M.O.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, there is no one who knows what the actual ideal conditions are for the racing pigeon, and never will until one can talk.

There has been good bad and indifferent races in ALL conditions.

??????????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 am

How true Misty.

I went to the NRCC Marking station with some birds for the Thurso race.
I also took a couple of baskets of youngsters …. Going back a while now. Which I released there. Gosh I got some looks did I.
The weather was bad admitted. Strong swirling wind and grey skies spitting some rain.
My mate Brian said 'I thought you would be bring them back'.
All back nice and safe.

Terry took some with his nephew to Stamford on a Thursday night. Strong wind and raining galore. He bought his back Nigel let his up.
Nigel's went to the race next day.

Next morning Terry let his out and cleaned the loft out... still no birds ... Had a 'Fly Away' 3 reported 23 never seen again. o figure.

Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 10:36 am

Knackered wrote:
Liberation mob for my Fed etc Very Happy Very Happy thought, they were being smart Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & basketed on Thursday night here for a race on Friday because of the strong wind factor on Saturday. Found themselves with a wee bit of a dilemma thou as such as todays race turned into a hold over because of fog at the race point. Old fella I know Smile Smile & the best flyer in his club both decided not to fly. 2 happy chappies lol! lol! lol! as they knew the fog was going to be a factor Wink Wink to a degree & they don't have egg all over their face, compared to certain wizard types I could name down here Wink Wink on the liberation side.  cheers
didn't even know you lot had fog lol!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 5:50 pm

yeah they do redrog … only they don't like to admit it lol Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 9:16 am

Daz wrote:
yeah they do redrog … only they don't like to admit it lol Very Happy Very Happy
Smile Smile Also bushfires, floods Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes traffic that would make a man cringe &  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad a public transport system which is that bad it's quicker to walk, plus black fellows Wink Wink pissed to the eye balls on every corner etc nearly begging for a freebee & also let's not forget also the Sudanese thug brigade running rampant. We have it all here Rog  Smile  Smile . Still, they also say Smile Smile it's the most liveable city on the planet Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in a local sense, so come on down all lol! lol! lol! & if your feeling brave Wink Wink & looking for a holiday which you will never forget as such & you can survive Smile Smile some how. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 9:40 am

Add to that lot Knackered a set of corrupt MPs, Police more interested in investigating pc issues like someone being upset by a remark than murder of old age pensioners in their bed, some one being stabbed to death on a daily basis, drugs out of control, papers full of self indulgence and the promotion of abnormality, children open to every kind of corruption possible, jails like first class hotels where prisoners fight to get back in when let out, and you will have caught us up in depravity.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am

Knackered says 'Still, they also say it's the most liveable city on the planet' well doubt that! But you/ we certainly know we are alive lol.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Daz wrote:
Knackered says 'Still, they also say   it's the most liveable city on the planet' well doubt that! But you/ we certainly know we are alive lol.  
lol! lol! lol! Don't you believe me etc Daz Smile Smile I only speak as such Wink Wink what the weasel word types in charge here tell me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Yep, I believe that they say that.
But can name dozens of countries / place far, far worst off. sorry to Disappoint lol Razz Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OH OH, deary me etc.   OH OH, deary me etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

OH OH, deary me etc.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: