Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:00 am

» Good Morning
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:56 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» APHA Forms .......
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) New Loft Build ...(Barnie) 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 50 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Vote_lcapNew Loft Build ...(Barnie) Voting_barNew Loft Build ...(Barnie) Vote_rcap 
David
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Vote_lcapNew Loft Build ...(Barnie) Voting_barNew Loft Build ...(Barnie) Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222875 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

New Loft Build ...(Barnie)

Go down 
+3
Knackered
David
barnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Empty
PostSubject: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm

David wrote:
look forward to seeing some pictures colin, knowing you, a lot of thought will have goneinto the planning of it ......... Wink study

Taking ages David, waterlogged. Should have had all the pillars built by now but haven't even got all the footings dug out yet. Hard work after being out at work for 10 hrs, hope the weather improves or I'll be working under floodlights!

New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2015

New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2016
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:51 am

Lousey rain again, just got started and down it comes.......New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2017
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 8:26 am

barnie wrote:
Lousey rain again, just got started and down it comes.......New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2017

nice start to the new loft colin, what size will it be ...?

looking forward to updates on how its progressing cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 am

David wrote:
barnie wrote:

nice start to the new loft colin, what size will it be ...?

looking forward to updates on how its progressing cheers
Same, same Smile Smile See also Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by the fence line as such David Wink Wink the hill factor in play there for Colin Smile Smile. End of the day thou Smile Smile a lovely little garden out look he has I suggest Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: New Loft Build   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 pm

First decent dry day for weeks, making the most of it, bit more done.....

New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2018
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: New Loft Build   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 5:34 pm

You're pulling down and I'm putting up! Admire you, battling on, it's hard work. I'm up against it now days are shortening just have to be done when it's done, lost several weeks due to lousey weather the pillar holes were filling with water as fast as I was digging out, so as long as it's all done and fitted out for some yb's next year I suppose.

New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2020
New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2019
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 12:37 pm

hows the new loft coming on colin ...?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Struggling a bit David, I damaged my stomach muscles, hip and side lifting the steel frame work on and off the pillars to bed it down on the concrete pads on the bricks. Should have waited for some help but just wanted to push on, paid the price though. So I've been out and about getting stuff together for the roofing and windows etc,  ready for the structural stuff hopefully knocking a bit timber together by end of next week. Just been out giving a quick coat of paint on the frame but still in a bit pain, park a bus on this thing now Very Happy Very Happy

New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Img_2021
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Sorry to hear the injuries and set back mate. Hope you are better soon. Easy done though. Mind will give you time to make the roof etc. Maybe sort out a few hidden teething problems one often gets.
Looking forward to seeing the progress though.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm

good base that barnie ...last a lifetime ,good luck with the next stage
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 9:27 am

whats those pieces welded on to the front for colin, ?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 am

To rest the decking/platform along the front, ran out or decent lenghths david so had to make do with the off cuts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am

ah right, i see colin....i thought they were added for a reason.

forward planning eh, always a good idea cheers cheers cheers

looking good anyway cheers flower
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they soon mend.

Still cannot understand why the pillars do not pick up all the joints on the ironwork,
rather than not.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 3:45 pm

MISTY wrote:

Still cannot understand why the pillars do not pick up all the joints on the ironwork,
rather than not.

Regards.

I understand what you see, it's mainly to shorten the span front to back so I didn't have to put a middle pillar in and I found this design also allows any rainwater to drip clear from the supports as the shed will overhang slightly, keeps the steelwork out the wet and stops it rusting through time. It's fully welded, nothing going to bend or drop off.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 3:47 pm

"or drop off" that bit made me laugh colin ......... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 pm

Rust? Tremclad works.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:17 am

No where for cats or vermin to hide, beneath loft or on back slope I hope.  Maybe a vent or two under to let air circle beneath eh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Loft Build ...(Barnie)   New Loft Build ...(Barnie) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Loft Build ...(Barnie)
Page 1 of 1